Recent Posts

(deactivated member)
on 5/18/12 5:14 am - WA
Topic: RE: MEDICAID AND MEDICARE SURGEONS LIST!
Rockwood Barriatric Clinic (Rockwood Medical Center) Spokane WA takes Medicare and Medicaid but you have to pay a NUT 495.00 might be out of pocket for some
Brenda C.
on 5/10/12 12:17 pm
Topic: Clothing Exchange, South Puget Sound Area
Howdy folks!

My support group is having a "field trip" to Value Village in Tukwila on Thursday, May 17th - but, would anyone be interested in a clothing exchange sometime this month?

I will wait to hear if there is any interest before picking a date /location -- but it's been awhile since there has been a good clothing swap!

Brenda : )~
ordinarybeauty
on 5/9/12 1:35 am
VSG on 09/27/12
Topic: RE: Support group on Eastside?
Just to reiterate what healthy laurie said, the wieght loss support group at Overlake Hospital is the best! You do not have to have had your surgery there or to have had surgery at all. It is facilitated by a very skilled social worker and nutritionist. There are anywhere from 20 to 30 folks at the meetings and everyone is real, funny and welcoming. The nest meeting is tomorrow at the Paccar Conference Center at Overlake from 6 to 8 pm. I always look forward to going and will be there tomorrw night.
kakkling
on 5/6/12 2:07 pm - Tac, WA
Topic: RE: Fife Care Support Group
 I plan on being on there!
Thanks  for the reminder!
Kelly
wdp1015
on 5/6/12 3:09 am, edited 5/6/12 3:27 am
Topic: Fife Care Support Group
Hello Everyone,

This next Tuesday, May 8Th is the Fife support group.  We will be discussing mindless and emotional eating styles.  

Find us in the private room in the back of the restaurant, between the kitchen and the bar. I'm looking forward to seeing you all.

Tuesday May 8Th
6:30 PM
Poodle Dog Restaurant
Fife

KelleeMatlock
on 5/5/12 5:36 pm - Tacoma, WA
Topic: RE: Fife Group
I live in Tacoma invite me please? Thank you.
(deactivated member)
on 5/4/12 4:41 am
 Hello,  I am in Auburn and am interested!  Thanks
Brenda C.
on 5/2/12 12:54 pm
Topic: South Puget Sound Support Saturday Meeting! 5/5
Hello - Hola - Cinco de Mayo...

This month's Saturday Support Group Meeting will be at the Kent (East Hill) Applebee's -
25442 104Th Ave Se, Kent, WA 98030

All surgeries & non-surgical weight loss patients are WELCOME!  3pm - 5pm 
Private message me for more information -- [email protected] - Seattle_Maui here on Obesity Help

Brenda : )~
KelleeMatlock
on 5/1/12 2:39 pm - Tacoma, WA
I'm in Tacoma as well, invite please.
Adrianne_Dawn
on 4/25/12 1:59 pm - WA
RNY on 05/21/12
Topic: RE: Anyone have DS surgery in Seattle area?
KS123:

Well also a lot of the hospitals have FMLA. I work for Harborview Medical Center which is ran by UWMC.  But like the above comment you have to work for the company for either a number of months or have worked for them for a certain number of hours.  Also for example at my work you can't even use vacation time for the first 6 months after you start.  (I do payroll and HR for two of the hospital's units)

I've been with HMC for almost 1 year and 8 months.  The process has already taken me 8 months to get to the point of scheduling my surgery.  I had to start off by doing a nutrition program for 6 months and lose 5% of my weight - this cost 1450 for nutrition program out of pocket as insurance does not cover it.  

You also have to have one of the following: 
Diabetes
Hypertension
High Cholesterol (hyperlipdemia or dyslipdemia)
Sleep Apnea
Pickwickian Syndrome 
Pseudotumor Cerebri

So, it's not really as easy as finding a new job and automatically having the surgery with FMLA. 

Most Active