Recent Posts

missiva
on 7/18/12 4:40 am
Topic: TTNT Support Group Meeting for July
We will not be meeting this month because Susan is away and everyone else seems to be busy.  We will meet on the 4th Monday in August.  Hope to see you there.  Thanks.
Brenda C.
on 7/9/12 9:15 am
Topic: RE: Fife WA Reminder
Hey Wendy --

I have a few appointments on Tuesday, but will try to meet at 6:30!

Support is what gets us where we are going!!!!

Brenda : )~
wdp1015
on 7/8/12 9:56 am
Topic: Fife WA Reminder
Hello all,

Just a friendly reminder. Fife CARE Support Group is meeting this Tuesday the 10Th at 6:30 pm at the Poodle Dog.

We are located in the back between the bar and restaurant in a private room.

Don't forget to bring any clothes you would like to exchange or give away.

See you soon,
Wendy

sdb1147
on 6/15/12 10:43 pm - Renton, WA
Topic: RE: MEDICAID AND MEDICARE SURGEONS LIST!
On December 14, 2011 at 10:28 AM Pacific Time, formerfluffy wrote:
To help our readers I called all of the following and did an inquiry on 12/14/2011 and following is the outcome of my calls when asking them if they took Medicare of Medicaid for Bariatric Surgery:
Virginia Mason 1-800-354-9527 They bill Medicare, and Medicaid as a Secondary.  No Medicaid direct.
University of Washington Medical Center 206-598-2274  They DO accept Medicaid or Medicare

Overlake Medical Clinic 425-467-3957 No answer

Swedish Weight Loss Services 206-215-3099  They accept Medicare for Lapband and Bipass only.

St Francis Center for Weight Loss 1-800-823-6525 They accept Medicare for Lapband and Bipass

Hope this helps some of you.  If you have any questions, you can call them direct, or call me at 206-227-4123

Tina
Received a call yesterday from Swedish Hospital (Dr. McMahon) & everything's a "GO"!

I'm scheduled for my RNY surgery on August 14th., 2012. It's taken me about 4-months to get there, but worth the effort 

kakkling
on 6/9/12 5:10 am - Tac, WA
Topic: RE: Fife Support Group
 Thanks for the reminder! I will see ya there!
Kelly
Kelly

wdp1015
on 6/9/12 1:44 am
Topic: Fife Support Group

Hello,

Fife CARE Support Group is meeting this Tuesday the 12Th at 6:30 pm at the Poodle Dog in Fife.  We will be discussing Vitamins and Fiber. Hope to see you there.

As always, feel free to bring any clothing you would like to get rid of and hopefully find something to take home.

Wendy

felixg2010
on 6/5/12 5:32 am - Shiloh, IL

Chicago Surgical Clinic, LTD
201 E. Strong St., Ste 7
Wheeling, Illinois 60090

sdb1147
on 5/24/12 10:43 pm - Renton, WA
Congratulations on your surgery date. Wish I was close to that date also. Still jumping thru hoops getting all the small stuff out of the way. Endoscopy on June 7 & ABG blood draw, then it's a matter of waiting. Dr. McMahon said there shouldn't be any problems with Medicare approval. So far, I've met all the criteria.

Good luck on your surgery & you'll be in my thoughts and prayers.
sdb1147
on 5/24/12 10:36 pm - Renton, WA
A couple of months ago I signed up for a couple of seminars in order to further my path towards weight loss surgery. Attended a seminar hosted by Puget Sound Bariatric Center & Swedish Hospital. I was signed up for a webinar from Overlake Hospital, but the doctor didn't show up!

Puget Sound informed me that the doctors there DO NOT accept Medicare so my only option left was Swedish. The seminar was presented by Dr. McMahon (bariatric surgeon) and I was impressed with is knowledge and presentation, so I signed up. And besides, Swedish accepts Medicare. The only caveat being they don't support sleeve surgery. My choices were the Lap-Band or RNY.

Although I was originally (totally) against RNY (to many invasive procedures ?), I'm coming around towards accepting it more and more. After viewing horror stories about the Lap-Band on YouTube & researching the subject, I don't wish to go the Lap-Band route.

I'm scheduled for an endoscopy on June 7 then from there we await final approval from Medicare/Aetna. 
Susan O.
on 5/18/12 9:38 am - Tacoma, WA
RNY on 06/27/07 with
Topic: Support Group 1 Week Early!!
 Thru Thick N' Thin Support Group will meet on Monday May 21st from 5:30-7:30 pm at the Parkland Fire Station Meeting Room,  Violet Meadows St & A St., (Come in the back door).
   Let's get ready to celebrate a SLIM summer!

Susan 

www.obesityhelp.com/group/ttnt/

RNY 6/2007   120 pounds lost - GOAL!!

Most Active