Recent Posts

wdp1015
on 8/12/12 11:30 pm
Topic: Fife Wa Support Group
Just a friendly reminder. Fife CARE Support Group is meeting this Tuesday the 14th at 6:30 pm at the Poodle Dog.

We are located in the back between the bar and restaurant in a private room.  We will be sharing our favorite recipes.  Trying new foods and recipes is a great way to fight food boredom.

Don't forget to bring any clothes you would like to exchange or give away.

See you soon,
Wendy

(deactivated member)
on 8/12/12 6:43 pm - WA
Topic: RE: Spokane Support Group?
Springdale is one hour north of spokane. Deer park is 1/2 way between them. Colville is 2 hours north of spokane.
sallyj
on 8/12/12 6:32 pm - Spokane, WA
i don't know where Springdale is--or Deer Park for that matter--but could check it out.  How close is Deer Park to Colville? 

I only attend the one meeting at the downtown hospital.  I didn't really sense an openness to new people and there was a pretty "do what I say" approach founded on the old (now discredited by research) approach of calories in/calories out rather than an acknowledgement of the complexities of obesity.

I will look into how far Deer Park is and whether that's a viable option.

Thanks and good luck with the revision. 
(deactivated member)
on 8/12/12 10:14 am - WA
 I also moved to the area last year .I am looking to have surgery (Revision) in next few months. I am out in Springdale so I would be interested if it were held North of Spokane, say Deer Park (1/2 way). I know there is another woman in Springdale who just got hers done and there is a gentlemen in Colville (2 hours away). So maybe if it were in Deer Park you could get thier interest. I tried to find the Spokane area folks who had surgery or looking into surgery but could only find 2 or 3 people. I don't know why either since Rockwood is the only game in town there should be more. (I am not going to Rockwood). Good Luck, I know spokane needs more than one. Have you been to the one at the Center? Is it active and popular?
sallyj
on 8/10/12 7:19 am - Spokane, WA
Topic: Spokane Support Group?
I moved to Spokane last September but can't seem to find a support group except the one that meets once a month for the Rockwood group.  Am I overlooking one?

If not, is there interests out there to get one started? 

Lisa O.
on 8/9/12 10:01 am - Snoqualmie, WA
Topic: Lap Band Support Group Invitation
Hi!
It's been a while since I've posted on this forum but I wanted to let all interested Bandsters out there know that I have a support group that meets once a month at the Valley View Library near Southcenter.  We generally meet the first Saturday of each month from 10-12.  Our group is a positive group of pre op, newbies and post op Band patients who love to get together to share WL successes support each other.  We have people that come from as far as Salem, OR and Ellensburg!

Our next meeting is Sept. 8th (because of Labor Day weekend).  Please P.M. me if your interested in attending and I'll provide directions.

I hope to meet you soon!

Lisa O.

Lap Band surgery Nov. 2008, SW 335. Lost 116 lbs.  LB removal May 2013 gained 53 lbs. Revisied to RNY October 14, 2013, new SW 275.

jzwife
on 8/8/12 4:19 pm
Topic: RE: Looking for WLS friendly doc in Spanaway area
I realize tis was posted about six months ago and perhaps you have found someone by now. I am hoping to have a revision done soon and just saw Dr. Hanafy in Kent. He takes TriCare and does revisons. I was very impressed with him and his staff. Not once did he talk down to me but was very kind and understanding of the need for a revision. He spent over 2 hours with me today and I am now on my way. Just need to make sure TriCare cooperates!
(deactivated member)
on 8/8/12 2:05 pm - WA
Topic: RE: Revision questions
 Hi! This board is super slow. I would try asking over on the revision board too if you haven't already!
DragonFlyTwy
on 8/7/12 8:18 am - Steilacoom, WA
Topic: Revision questions
Has anyone had a lapband revision? I am needing to have it done and will be going to Madigan. I see Dr. Eggerbroten. Has anyone else used this Dr? What can I expect? Any advice? I have my first appt this Monday, the 13th.... are there any questions I should ask that I may not have thought of? Any suggestions are very welcome! 

(deactivated member)
on 8/2/12 11:20 am - WA
Topic: Come out MAMC Noobs!
 Any other newbies here on the pathway to have WLS at MAMC? Do you know which surgery you will get yet? 

Most Active