Recent Posts

Amy Farrah Fowler
on 8/20/12 9:16 am
Topic: RE: Lakewood WA group?
 It met at the libriary when I last went, but that was 5 years ago. I think it was run by Susan, with the avie of high heels, but lemme see if I can track them down. I may have a email for them.
lisa2job
on 8/19/12 7:40 pm - WA
VSG on 09/06/12
the tacoma one does htat meet at st jo's
Amy Farrah Fowler
on 8/19/12 11:56 am
 I've seen a group in Ft Lewis, Tacoma, Puyallup and Seattle, but not Lakewood or Olympia
lisa2job
on 8/18/12 10:20 pm - WA
VSG on 09/06/12
Topic: RE: New and a WLS hopeful!
my jouney took a year because I am a self pay my insurance wont cover WLS .    first visit was in sept last year and my surgery date is 9-6-12
lisa2job
on 8/18/12 10:17 pm - WA
VSG on 09/06/12
Topic: Lakewood WA group?
Hi
just wondering if there is a VSG or WLS group that meets in lakewood ?
(deactivated member)
on 8/17/12 4:44 pm - Olympia, WA
Topic: RE: I need some input on Birth control please
My doctor had me avoid the pill, due to the malabsoption aspects... So for myself and my lifestyle, I was advised using the Patch or the IUD. I chose the IUD... Don't have any children and I still wanted to wait several more years until I'm ready too. It wasn't pleasant to have put in (compared to my friends who have had them inserted after giving birth) but other than that initial cramp, its been working great for me!
nvr2l82strt
on 8/14/12 1:01 am - puyallup, WA
Topic: RE: Need help finding a support group
Hi,
I am currently attending NWWLS center in Everett for my 6mo supervised diet in order to get my VSG done........my surgeon will be Dr.Michaelson.........Im curious as to why u vhng clinics.....does he not have experience in VSG's?......can u please let me know?.....as I would hate to waste my time with jim if hes not experienced.

THANKS IN ADVANCE!
=-)
Billie Jo C.
on 8/13/12 3:05 pm - Spokane, WA
Topic: I need some input on Birth control please
I'm wondering if anyone could give me some advice on what kinds of birth control I should use. I had RNY a year ago and was told that the pill could cause weight gain. Has anyone had troubles with weight gain using the pill? What other forms have you used, and were completely happy with the results? Any and all input is welcome. Thank you.

www.Bigoo.ws www.Bigoo.ws www.Bigoo.ws www.Bigoo.ws www.Bigoo.ws www.Bigoo.ws    www.Bigoo.ws www.Bigoo.ws

(deactivated member)
on 8/13/12 10:12 am - WA
Topic: RE: Spokane Support Group?
I hear what you are saying about drive times. For me driving in to town for major shopping is such a drag. I think you have a good idea about online meeting. Maybe a regular day and time in the chat room (seems no one is using it anyway). You could do a search in the search option for spokane or for Rockwood Clinic, and one for each of the Rockwood clinic Surgeons and come up with a list of people to contact to feel out for interest.
sallyj
on 8/13/12 7:40 am - Spokane, WA
Topic: RE: Spokane Support Group?
Ouch; that seems a bit far for regular meetings.  And I'd want to do twice a month ones.  anyone from Colville would have 1 1/2 drive each way!  Then there's winter to think about.  Hmm.  And we'd have to find somewhere to meet.  I don't know that it would work out.  Are your Colville friends online?  Maybe that is the way to go?  Develop an online structure where we would all be online at the same time.
Most Active