Recent Posts

Susan O.
on 12/13/12 10:07 am - Tacoma, WA
RNY on 06/27/07 with
Topic: TTNT Support Group DEC 17 -date change!

Our support group will meet Dec. 17 (I week early) because of Christmas! Please see the Group message, or our Facebook page to get the location and details! 

Merry Christmas!

Susan 

www.obesityhelp.com/group/ttnt/

RNY 6/2007   120 pounds lost - GOAL!!

Susan O.
on 12/13/12 10:03 am - Tacoma, WA
RNY on 06/27/07 with
Topic: RE: Got a DATE!

Hi! Hope you are feeling stronger by now, and ready to get going on this journey! Let us know how you are doing!!

Susan 

www.obesityhelp.com/group/ttnt/

RNY 6/2007   120 pounds lost - GOAL!!

sallyj
on 12/13/12 8:06 am - Spokane, WA
Topic: RE: Support Group Northend?

What do you mean by North end?  I've just lived in Spokane a year now so am still a bit muddled on locations.  I had my RNY in 2005 and want to find a support group or get one going.  I've gained some weight and want some accountability to help me get it off!

Heatherneedshelp123
on 12/12/12 2:01 am

Kelly,

I see that you were a patient of Dr. Oh. Glad you had success. I was banded by Dr. Oh 4/08. I lost about 80 pounds but it was really a struggle and eventually I put it back on. I had to have all the fill taken out.So now I am considering a VSG in Mexico. Is there a support group you go to around here? Did you ever had bariatric nutrition or fitness counseling? Thanks~ Heather

Heatherneedshelp123
on 12/11/12 12:07 am
Topic: RE: Anyone sleeved at Puget Sound Surgical?

I'm being very polite when I use the term "not ready". Group Health's head bariatric surgeon, Dr. Steven Bock suddenly disappeared two months ago. We got a call saying that he was no longer with Group Health, that it was unfortunate and very sudden. (we first thought he died, but we were assured he didn't). So the bariatric nurse changed my surgery date to December 31st and my consultation with my new surgeon to November 30th. She called the week before the November 30th appointment somewhat upset. She said my chart showed I was a smoker. I explained I'm on the patch and Dr. Bock said he would change my smoking status when I was smoke free for 12 months. She asked me why I wasn't on birth control. I explained I was abstinent. She replied well you're still 22 years old!!! And then her final issue was that the doctor that prescribes my anti anxiety medication thought it would be helpful to see a therapist which I hadn't done yet because I'm in the final weeks of college before graduation. Therefore she cancelled my surgery. The funny thing is that I was self pay, because bariatric services were not covered under my Group Health plan. So I guess I just saved $30K!!!! Now I am shopping around for a better alternative.....

kakkling
on 12/10/12 4:55 pm - Tac, WA

Merrille,

Glad you are home and on the mend! 

Take care,

Kelly

Kelly

reneemosley
on 12/10/12 4:57 am, edited 12/10/12 5:00 am - WA
VSG on 05/21/12
Topic: Support Group Northend?

Does anyone know ao any Post-OP VSG support groups in the North end? Or anyone interested in forming one focused on positive discussion and goal strategies for post ops?

Band 5/2006          Revision to VSG 5/2012

buffy123
on 12/10/12 3:10 am

So sorry to hear about your experience...do you mind me asking why they thought you "weren't ready".

Thanks,

Buffy

Heatherneedshelp123
on 12/9/12 2:19 pm

I met with Dr. Billing last week. I was previously scheduled to have my surgery with Group Health but they thought I was not ready so they gave my slot to someone else. Dr. Billing was very knowledgeable and pleasant. But the office seemed confused about booking my fitness and nutrition appts and also couldnt quite give me an accurate price on a revision. So now I am mulling it over and shopping around again. :(

Heatherneedshelp123
on 12/9/12 2:16 pm
Topic: Does anyone know where Dr. Steven Bock formerly of GHC went???

Had my surgery date scheduled and one night the bariatric nurse at GHC called saying Dr. Bock is not with GHC anymore. That it was sudden and unfortunate. Does anyone know where he is? My surgery date was rescheduled and now cancelled. I feel like they are not able to take care of everyone and took away my surgery date because they needed the slot for someone else.

Most Active