Recent Posts

Fr33P4m
on 12/31/12 12:41 pm
RNY on 12/04/12 with
Topic: RE: 4 weeks After RNY!

So glad you made it through those rough spots, congratulations on the meds and progress!

[Highest: 295] [Surgery Day: 264]  [Goal: 150] ​[Height: 5'61/2"]          

merrillee
on 12/31/12 3:20 am - Seattle, WA
RNY on 12/03/12
Topic: 4 weeks After RNY!

Had RNY on December 3, 2012.  Kinda eventful.  My liver had been scarred by the darn lapband and was adhered to my stomach...so they had to repair that.  Also had an umbilical hernia...my 3rd.  Dang!  Ended up losing a lot of blood and had to have a transfusion.  In intensive care for several days.  My poor honey was freaked. My kids were upset.  I was a mess.  Fast forward to 4 weeks out.  I'm feeling fabulous.  Have lost 30 lbs.  Doing well.  On soft foods. Off diabetes meds and my blood pressure is perfect.  Still believe I did the right thing.  Wish I'd done RNY to begin with....Darn LapBands!  Looking forward to a happy, healthy 2013!

Merrillee

Cheryl N.
on 12/29/12 2:56 am - Des Moines, WA
Topic: RE: Does anyone know where Dr. Steven Bock formerly of GHC went???

I have no idea, but I assume you are scheduled with Dr. Landers.  He is a great surgeon. 

246 in Dec 2008 before banded 1/28/09 at 215 lbs, band crapped 9/09 at 170 lbs and struggled with it and regained to 203 revised to bypass on 8/1/11 and am very happy.

TaliTali
on 12/23/12 12:29 pm - Sammamish, WA
Topic: Seattle Area WLS Support Group Sat. Jan. 12th

Hey all!

I'm just posting a quick note, we have our meeting coming up in a couple weeks. I wanted to give ample time for people to get ready and make plans to attend.

Post-WLS support is EXTREMELY important. We currently meet once per month in Tukwila. It's mostly DS patients but all surgery types are welcome. We do meet at the Sizzler restaurant and do eat while we are there so if that isn't your speed, let me know.

Here's more info and you can RSVP for the event.

http://www.meetup.com/wls-90/

Questions?! Ask away!

HW ~ SW ~ CW
310 - 291 - 150

TaliTali
on 12/23/12 12:26 pm - Sammamish, WA
Topic: RE: Support Group Northend?

We have a fantastic support group that meets on the second Sat. of each month in Tukwila. It's for all the Seattle area--it's predominantly DS patients but all surgery types are welcome.

Here's the info:

http://www.meetup.com/wls-90/

Please free to message me if you have any questions!

HW ~ SW ~ CW
310 - 291 - 150

(deactivated member)
on 12/21/12 12:47 pm
RNY on 08/31/12
Topic: RE: X-Post Turkey neck before and after with pics

Thank you for your post with pictures. I just found this board and I have a turkey neck also. My RNY surgeon is in Bellevue also. I'll save the info on Dr Rand.

sallyj
on 12/20/12 7:07 am - Spokane, WA

I agree with in-person vs. online.  I want to find someone here but it seems to be a struggle.  I know there are WLS patients here--I went to one of the support groups when I first moved here--so I'm disappointed to see so few posting online.  I really don't want to go to a WW or TOPS or OA meeting, but there don't seem to be many other options.

reneemosley
on 12/20/12 5:46 am - WA
VSG on 05/21/12

I live on the northend of Lake Washington in Bothell, that is quite far from Spokane.

I am interested in the same thing. I had VSG 7 months ago and want to remain accountable and continue with healthy lifestyle changes. Discussing it in person seems better than always online.

Band 5/2006          Revision to VSG 5/2012

Member Services
on 12/17/12 3:44 am - Irvine, CA
Topic: Super Storm Sandy and OH Members

Even though ObesityHelp members are around the world, at times like these with Superstorm Sandy, we are united and here for each other.

For our ObesityHelp members, families and friends that are in the disaster areas, our thoughts are with you.  We’ve listed some helpful links below to provide information so we can support you. 

If you live in an area not impacted by Sandy but still want to help, there’s information for you too.  Make sure you are prepared for a natural disaster by checking out the information in the links below. 

If you’d like the latest info from the Federal Emergency Management Association on Superstorm Sandy, clickHERE.

FOR DISASTER ASSISTANCE

If you need to find an emergency shelter near you, text:
SHELTER and YOUR ZIP CODE  to 43362

If you want to apply for assistance from your computer, click HERE.

If you want to apply for assistance from your mobile device, click HERE.

If you want to apply for assistance, call (800) 621-3362

DISASTER SURVIVOR RESOURCES:

General information from FEMA, click HERE.

Here’s how you and your loved ones can prepare for natural disasters, click HERE.

During times of disasters, the American Red Cross is always among the first at the scene.  The American Red Cross exists to provide compassionate care to those in need.

TO HELP THE AMERICAN RED CROSS:

Click HERE to donate funds for survivors of Superstorm Sandy.

Donations help the Red Cross provide shelter, food, emotional support and other assistance to those affected by disasters throughout the country including Superstorm Sandy. To donate, people can visit www.redcross.org, call 1-800-RED-CROSS, or text the word REDCROSS to 90999 to make a $10 donation.

You can contact the “Join The Movement” of the American Red Cross to donate funds, donate blood, and read about other ways to help by clicking HERE.

With our support,
ObesityHelp Management and Staff

kakkling
on 12/14/12 4:01 am - Tac, WA
Topic: RE: Got a DATE!

Thanks Heather, 

I do feel like one of the lucky ones. Not to say I have not had problems with my band.I did have a to have my port replaced in 2010.  

I go to a support group in Fife. We meet at the Poodle Dog at 6:30 pm, the 2nd Tue of the month. I also go to a support group in Sea-tac on the 2nd Sat of the month. We meet at the library at 10 am. Both are good groups. There is group that meets in Parkland. I am not sure of the day or time, but if you are interested I could get you the information. 

Why did you have to have your fill taken out if you don't mind my asking? 

I did have to do 6 months with a nutritionist before my surgery and one visit after my surgery. I am a slug, so have not really done any kind of activity, I know I should. I plan to...lol At the Poodle Dog meeting there is a personal trainer that comes to our meeting. 

Hope to see you at one of the meet. Good luck with your revision.

Kelly

Kelly

Most Active