Recent Posts

Heatherneedshelp123
on 1/7/13 3:56 am
Topic: RE: Seattle Area WLS Support Group Sat. Jan. 12th

I will be in sunny Mexico recovering from my vertical sleeve surgery. But I hope to join you all next month. :) 

Heatherneedshelp123
on 1/7/13 3:47 am
Topic: RE: Got a DATE!

Kelly,

Sorry for the late reply. I've been hanging out at verticalsleevetalk.com lately. I am definitely interested in the Sea Tac group. I live in Renton and that probably is the closer one. 

Group Health finally agreed to help me with my lapband because I was struggling with it. Some day I could'nt eat anything and other days it was touch and go. I would throw up 5 x daily on the average. I always had to smoke a cigarrette just to calm my stomach and lately I would drink a ****tail before dinner to relax in order to eat. Not very good habits! So Dr. Bock at Group Health completely unfilled me to give me a break. That way nothing would be inflamed before surgery. Group Health thought I should have the lapband removed and a gastric bypass performed. It was not covered under my policy so my cost would be $30K. But unfortunately our surgeon quit/fired and the bariatric nurse decided I was not serious enough about my surgery and gave away my date. But everything happens for a reason. We interviewed several surgeons in the area and came across the concept of #1 getting the sleeve instead of the bypass and #2 having the revision done in Mexico. We were skeptical at first and talked with several doctors before coming across the one we chose. I am scheduled to fly down in two day and my surgery will be January 10, 2013. I am  very excited about this fresh start and feel lucky to be given this opportunity to try it again.

What I really want to find is a reasonable nutritionist that is familiar with bariatrics and a personal trainer. Can you reccommend any?

Thanks for your support and I hope to see you soon!

Oxford Comma Hag
on 1/6/13 11:15 am
Topic: Fife Support Group

We meet the second Tuesday of every month at the Poodle Dog in Fife at 6:30 pm. Everyone is welcome.  Our meeting room is in the back near the bar.

See you there!

I fight badgers with spoons.

National Suicide Prevention Lifeline: 800-273-8255

Suicidepreventionlifeline.org

TaliTali
on 1/6/13 7:28 am - Sammamish, WA
Topic: RE: Seattle Area WLS Support Group Sat. Jan. 12th

Heads up everyone! This is coming up this SATURDAY!

We'd love to see you. 

HW ~ SW ~ CW
310 - 291 - 150

sallyj
on 1/3/13 8:39 am - Spokane, WA
Topic: RE: Spokane Support Group?

Hi there.  I haven't checked this site in a while so didn't know you'd posted.  How is the process coming?  I would be interested in setting up an online support group as well.  I'm several years out but it is always nice to share ones experience and get the enthusiasm of someone starting out.  If you're still interested, please let me know.

Maybe come spring, we could alternate some "road trips" as well as the online!  I'm relatively new to Washington, so I'm always game for seeing more of it.

sallyj
on 1/3/13 7:50 am - Spokane, WA

I am very interested.  And, as usual, this being the start of a new year have resolved to get back on track, so the timing is great.  Do you have a preference for when or where?  Tuesday nights are good for me, but other than that my schedule is pretty flexible. 

Sally

(deactivated member)
on 1/3/13 3:59 am
RNY on 08/31/12
Topic: RE: 4 weeks After RNY!

Yes, glad to hear you're doing well! Wow. What a series of events. Can you imagine what could have happened if you didn't get the surgery? You're fixed now and that is what matters. 

twohcts
on 1/3/13 3:59 am - Spokane, WA

I know this is an old message but I am in Spokane.  I have attended the Rockwood sponsored meeting a few times in the last year but like you, I wasn't given the impression that it welcomes new members or that it is really a place for support.  I want to meet and just have good, ongoing discussion and suggestions.  If you are still interested in meeting in Spokane, maybe we can just pick an day each month and do it. 

Holly

Tammy C.
on 1/2/13 9:22 am
Topic: 2013: 20 Funny New Year's Resolutions

2013:  20 Funny New Year's Resolutions

When it comes to New Year's resolutions, our family members and friends can get quite creative and even funny with what they resolve to do in the New Year.  Here a few good ones I have heard along the way...Oh, and a few of my own!

1.  I resolve to stop procrastinating about procrastinating!

2.  I will stop sending Facebook messages and emails to my loved ones when they are in the same room as I am!

3.  I will use my treadmill for something other than a place to hang my jacket.

4.  I will not sit at the kitchen table in my PJ's all day.  Instead, I will move my computer to my bedroom.

5.  I vow to never take a laxative and a sleeping pill on the same night!

Click here to read more!

All my best, 

Tammy Colter
Director of Media & PR
Editor-In-Chief
ObesityHelp.com
OH Magazine
kakkling
on 1/1/13 1:21 am - Tac, WA
Topic: RE: 4 weeks After RNY!

Merrillee, 

I am glad to hear you are doing so well now. Here is to a happy healthy 2013!

Kelly

Kelly

Most Active