Recent Posts

pnw
on 11/29/09 4:14 am - Vashon, WA
Topic: RE: Oh yea sign me up! here we go...
 And another thing

Make a few blended meals this week - you don't need many but I have about 10 in my freezer ready to go.  I was glad I did - hate baby food.  I went and go a few of my fav meals and put them in a blender - came out great.  Good to have around after too in case you need to go back to soft food from time to time.  

Stock up on stool softners too.  I know TMI but it's the truth.

Heading to my first Vashon Support group meeting today in a few minutes.  Maybe someday you and your wife can float over - 

I will send good thoughts for Dec 9.  

Mary -
Vashon WA
Think of where you've been ~ Dream of where you are going
Share your goals with others and pay it forward.

Merrilou Gronholdt
on 11/29/09 2:37 am - WA
Topic: RE: It is official... got my letter in the mail today! APPROVED!
"O" Yea! What great news! Like I tell others, take lots of photos now and on your journey you will be happy you did! Best of luck! Merrilou
Kathy P.
on 11/28/09 4:33 pm - Port Orchard, WA
Topic: RE: It is official... got my letter in the mail today! APPROVED!
Congratulations! What a wonderful way to start the New Year off...with a healthier  YOU!
I hear the UW Docs are wonderful. You will be in good hands! Keep us posted...and we will be saving you a spot on the Loser's Bench!

Hugs,
Kathy
Every morning in Africa, a gazelle wakes up.
It knows it must outrun the fastest lion or it will be killed.
Every morning in
Africa, a lion wakes up.
It knows that it must run faster than the slowest gazelle, or it will starve.
It doesn't matter whether you're a lion or a gazelle
when the sun comes up you'd better be running.

RNY 2/9/09  Buh bye Gallbladder 8/28/09; 100% EWL (181 lbs.) on 2/19/10;
KimJo
on 11/28/09 3:23 pm - Lacey, WA
Topic: It is official... got my letter in the mail today! APPROVED!
Yeah... Got my letter in the mail APPROVED!!! I have been schedule for Dec 30th at the U of W. My after care is still up in th air tho.. BUMMER! But it will all work out... I have worked to dang hard for it not to!
Lori K.
on 11/28/09 9:14 am - Spokane, WA
Topic: RE: Vashon WLS Support Group - NEW first meeting - 11/29/09
Yeah for you, Mary, going out there and making it happen!  I am sure this will be the first of many gatherings and the beggining of life long supportive relationships.  Kudos to you!!

Lori <><
Lori   <><  
Ht.  5' 5 1/2"
HW / Pre-op SW  / CW /  MY 1st GW / 2nd GW/ Surg.GW FinalGW   

272 /  255   /  246 / 166/182(29bmi)/ 172(81%EWL)/ 163  /152 (24.8BMI)    
Success is the sum of small efforts, repeated day in and day out.   Robert Collier

Udamnskippy
on 11/28/09 6:58 am - Port Orchard, WA
Hello Mary... I knew youde get back to my post.... You are 50 gone huh? wow thats great. I worry about the energy part as for as when I get back to work.I will be out the 4wks as standard dont wanna get gungho and return too early. It was kind of sureal when the wife  literally flew up those long stairs that you go up to the Pikes Market from the lower street. And I was there huffing it and needing to rest.Things like that stuck with me and made me realize I gotta do something to change this. 98% of my co workers and family dont know what the sugery is for. Its not that I want to keep it all a secret  , its just that I dont want to be a poster child to be gossiped about. As we all know some comments turn out to be simpathetic and not positive. All will know eventually....   steve   
Steve          
pnw
on 11/28/09 5:37 am - Vashon, WA
Topic: Vashon WLS Support Group - NEW first meeting - 11/29/09
 Well - I found a few that want to get together on Vashon.  

We are meeting tomorrow - Sunday 11/29/09 at 1 pm.  

First meeting of many I hope.

If you know of someone on the rock who would like to join us - send me a PM and I will connect you.  
Pay it forward gang
Mary - Vashon

pnw
on 11/28/09 5:31 am - Vashon, WA
 Hey Steve - you did it - you went through the insurance maze and found your way to the starting line.  I think your fear is regulated by your wonder wife and her previous journey before you. It so helps when you have a guide right there.  I know I culled in as much info my my friends and face to face contacts as I could.  

This is not your last meal - but a new relationship with food.  My thanksgiving was not the same - it was in fact better since the food I did eat I really appreciated it for all that it was.  Protein first and I even had some sugar free pudding for my dessert.  Not feeling deprived but revived 

My boys said to me this morning that they have not seen me have so much energy in years.  In fact - I don't think they ever seen me with this much energy.  

This morning I was at my firefighting weight - it has been a good 10 years since I've been there.  Now- if I could figure out a way to knock 10 years off my age - I might re-up. :) 

You are in the home stretch - 
Here is what I recommend
 60 - 80 grams of protein a day
64 oz of water a day
800-1000 cal in total a day
Amp up on your Vit now

Your body will thank you on the other side Dec. 10th .  

Keep moving forward
Mary - Vashon

Udamnskippy
on 11/28/09 2:53 am - Port Orchard, WA
Thank you for the holla backs ... Ive read about the "nesting" activities prior to Surg? well Im experiencing some of that, went crazy in the yard yesterday and straightened out the garage! Just thinking of all the heavy lifting stuff needed to be done cuz will be out of action for weeks after. I was pushing it a little with the turkey and all the other holiday foods.Told every one take all the pictures you can because history will not be repeated here...    
curiousasacat
on 11/28/09 2:05 am - WA
Topic: Xpost Obesity is deadly and dangerous--wake up call

I just heard that a dear friend of mine had passed away -- was obese and had several co-morbidities -- was only 45 years old.  Passed away on Thanksgiving day....

Please, if you are thinking about surgery; it will save your LIFE! 

Please "eat to live", not "live to eat" --- life is not about food... life is about you!

Kelly

Most Active