Recent Posts

lizzybear
on 11/29/09 11:01 am - Olympia, WA
Topic: RE: Oh yea sign me up! here we go...
Congratulations on getting approved and getting your date!  I bet you are SO excited.  I remember that feeling.  I never did get the scared or fear feeling - I was so positive I was doing the right thing and exactly what had to happen that I just stayed excited, even when they were wheeling me away and I was getting loopy!  Be sure to keep us all posted on your progress once you're feeling up to it!!

Highest 323 / Surgery Day 289 / Current 165 - RNY 10-27-07, Hit Goal 08-18-08. Tummy tuck 10-28-09 - UW Plastic Surgery Residency Ctr, Breast/Arm Lift w/Dr. Sepehr Egrari in Bellevue, WA on 5-22-13!

Life may not be the party we hoped for, but while we're here we should dance.  Unknown

lizzybear
on 11/29/09 10:58 am - Olympia, WA
Topic: RE: Xpost Importance of water.. are you drinking enough?
Thanks for the reminder.  I've been telling myself since my PS that I haven't been getting in as much water as I did before and need to get back on it!  Of course, before PS I was working out every day and downing the water because I was thirsty all the time.  Now that I've been relaxing on the couch, it's hard to remember to get up and ge****er.  But back to the gym tomorrow, so back to the numerous water bottles!!

Highest 323 / Surgery Day 289 / Current 165 - RNY 10-27-07, Hit Goal 08-18-08. Tummy tuck 10-28-09 - UW Plastic Surgery Residency Ctr, Breast/Arm Lift w/Dr. Sepehr Egrari in Bellevue, WA on 5-22-13!

Life may not be the party we hoped for, but while we're here we should dance.  Unknown

lizzybear
on 11/29/09 10:56 am - Olympia, WA
Topic: RE: It is official... got my letter in the mail today! APPROVED!
Congratulations!!!  You're going to start off the new year on the loser's bench!!  Yeah!!  Don't worry - you've got time to get everything in place and worked out.  But time will start flying now that you have a date!

KimJo
on 11/29/09 10:51 am - Lacey, WA
Topic: RE: It is official... got my letter in the mail today! APPROVED!
Thanks so much for the kind words of encouragement! I start my 1000 calorie diet on Monday! Please pray for me.... I know I can do it!!!! I will see yall on the loosing side SOON!!!
Paula C.
on 11/29/09 10:35 am
Topic: RE: Xpost Obesity is deadly and dangerous--wake up call
Sorry to hear about your friend.  What were his co-morbidities?
Dapme
on 11/29/09 7:37 am - kingwood, TX
You will be in Great Hands! Srikanth Rocks!

There is a DS meeting every month in Tukwila. I don't think I have ever seen you there!
Please try to attend...you will get a ton of support from it!

It takes place on the 12Dec..and you more than likely won't be up to it this month...but keep in mind..

It takes place the second Saturday of every month. In Tulwila at the Sizzler.
Back room...at 3pm!

Keep in touch!

Denise
curiousasacat
on 11/29/09 7:03 am - WA
curiousasacat
on 11/29/09 7:01 am - WA
Ya,  better hope history won't be repeated here but at least a very good history lesson to us all, even to our friends and family. 
curiousasacat
on 11/29/09 6:59 am - WA
Topic: RE: Vashon WLS Support Group - NEW first meeting - 11/29/09
Way to go!! I know you've been trying to get that going! Congrats! Kelly
curiousasacat
on 11/29/09 6:58 am - WA
Topic: Xpost Importance of water.. are you drinking enough?
Importance of water.. are you drinking enough?   We all know tha****er is important but I've never seen it written down like this before. 75% of Americans are chronically dehydrated. In 37% of Americans, the thirst mechanism is so weak that it is often mistaken for hunger. Even MILD dehydration will slow down one's metabolism as much as 3%. One glass of water shuts down midnight hunger pangs for almost 100% of the dieters studied in a U-Washington study. Lack of water is the #1 trigger of daytime fatigue. Preliminary research indicates that 8-10 glasses of water a day could significantly ease back and joint pain for up to 80% of sufferers. A mere 2% drop in body water can trigger fuzzy short-term memory, trouble with basic math, and difficulty focusing on the computer screen or drinking 5 glasses of water daily decreases the risk of colon cancer by 45%, plus it can slash the risk of breast cancer by 70%, and one is 50 % less likely to develop bladder cancer. Are you drinking the amount of water you should everyday?

I found this in a Physcial Therapy office above the water fountain. 

Thought I'd pass it on.

Kelly
Most Active