Merrilou Gronholdt
on 12/2/09 11:32 pm - WA
Topic: RE: 6 hours and counting
This is the first day of your new life! "SMILE" 

Merrilou
sppollock
on 12/2/09 9:20 pm
Topic: 6 hours and counting
I am down to the day of surgery and woke up early and could not sleep...and doing run on sentences as well....At this time I need to be at hospital at 11 am so I am just getting things ready.  Have a good day all.
Kathy P.
on 12/1/09 2:29 pm - Port Orchard, WA
Topic: RE: Oh yea sign me up! here we go...
Hey there neighbor! Wow, the 9th will be here before you know it! What a wonderful ride you are in for, and fortunate that your wife is a vet!

My post op favorites: sf popsicles, sf jello, sf pudding with whey protein powder mixed in, CREAM OF WHEAT, and mashed potatoes. Yummers...

And yea....start designing your ticker!!! (have your DW update us!)

Hugs and best wishes!
Kathy
Every morning in Africa, a gazelle wakes up.
It knows it must outrun the fastest lion or it will be killed.
Every morning in
Africa, a lion wakes up.
It knows that it must run faster than the slowest gazelle, or it will starve.
It doesn't matter whether you're a lion or a gazelle
when the sun comes up you'd better be running.

RNY 2/9/09  Buh bye Gallbladder 8/28/09; 100% EWL (181 lbs.) on 2/19/10;
Kathy P.
on 12/1/09 2:24 pm - Port Orchard, WA
Topic: RE: Xpost Obesity is deadly and dangerous--wake up call
Kelly, so sorry for your loss. Having a family history of HBP, Diabetes, Stroke and CHF, I KNOW that WLS has saved my life.

Thank you for this post. It reminds me to continue to be thankful....

Hugs to  ya,
Kathy
Every morning in Africa, a gazelle wakes up.
It knows it must outrun the fastest lion or it will be killed.
Every morning in
Africa, a lion wakes up.
It knows that it must run faster than the slowest gazelle, or it will starve.
It doesn't matter whether you're a lion or a gazelle
when the sun comes up you'd better be running.

RNY 2/9/09  Buh bye Gallbladder 8/28/09; 100% EWL (181 lbs.) on 2/19/10;
lisamuller
on 12/1/09 3:24 am - U.P.`, WA
Good for you. I have fallen in love with popcicles.
Member Services
on 12/1/09 12:08 am - Irvine, CA
Topic: Mega Holiday Perks!

Mega Holiday Perks!

Each month we work with generous sponsors to bring 3 lucky OH newsletter subscribers a perk giveaway.  A BIG thank you to all of our 2009 sponsors! Here is what was a part of our past perks:  Celebrate Vitamins, Bariatric Advantage Vitamins, Chef Dave’s Cookbook, achievONE®, CLICK Espresso Protein Drink, Dr. Garth Davis’ Book, Chike, and Just The Cheese.

But we’re not done yet…To finish the year out, OH went holiday shopping!

For December, we have a special MEGA holiday perk line-up for OH Newsletter subscribers. 

So far we have…

1 - Nintendo Wii Game Console + Wii Fit board & Game

3 - 10mp Kodak Easy Share Digital Cameras

2 - Apple iPod Nanos

2 - Tanita Scales PLUS Body Fat and Body Water Monitor

3 - MIO Heart Rate Monitor Watches

5 - Emsa Perfect Measuring Beakers

To be eligible for the holiday perks giveaway please make sure you are subscribed to the OH newsletter by December 9th. Winners will be selected at random from the OH newsletter subscribers list. Winners will be announced in the December issue.

Don’t forget to spread the holiday cheer and let others know!  
Happy Holidays

Udamnskippy
on 11/30/09 12:58 pm - Port Orchard, WA
Thankyou  Jill, Lizzy  Well???? Im down day two of liquid diet Im still alive and kicking. This morn was a little rough I was weak as a fart and abit dizzy but I sipped a Gatorade in the morn and felt better got on with the day. Im falling in love with Jello too. Will get to bed early .... that way I will stay away from the kiitchen... 
jcheryld
on 11/30/09 11:13 am
Topic: RE: Eating Everything in Site!
Hey there Queenie,
I remember around this time last year planning my last supper and thinking about foods I'll never be able to eat again. Well like Helen said, you'll be able to eat any food post-op, just much smaller amounts... and in graduated steps. Some docs say no milk... no bread/pasta/rice/potatoes... well you'll find that you will be able to eat those things, but maybe just a bite instead of a 1/2 cup serving, and the power that food item once had over you won't be there any longer. For me it was cookies- but since I'm a dumper, any high sugar food makes me feel so awful that I don't get that same enjoyment from sweets that I used to. I'm so thankful for that!

All said, having a "last supper" was a great moment of closure for me and my dysfunctional relationship with food, and it opened doors to a healthier, 147lb lighter, brand new me. I couldn't be more thankful!
Pregnancy%20ticker
Make a pregnancy ticker  

Hit goal 10/31/09!  RNY!!!

jillianD
on 11/29/09 2:03 pm - olympia, WA
RNY on 02/13/08 with
Congratulations!  What a wonderful thing to have a spouse who has, been there done that, so to speak.  I bet you will do amazing!
Jilly  BR/BL  April 15, 2009!!

curiousasacat
on 11/29/09 1:21 pm - WA
Topic: RE: Xpost Obesity is deadly and dangerous--wake up call
High blood pressure and Diabetes---that's all I know for sure.... I'm sure there are others, but still --- obesity --- is a growing problem and we need to educate others as much as we can. Sad to say, there are casualties... Kelly
Most Active