Recent Posts

fbtoo
on 12/5/09 3:28 pm
Topic: Rumor about 2010 insurance codes in WA
I've heard that the 2010 insurance codes have come out and the vertical sleeve is now in there. Anyone here with inside insurance knowledge?
Billie Jo C.
on 12/5/09 5:51 am - Spokane, WA
Topic: Got my Appeal date
I got a hearing for my Appeal on January 12th at 2:00. Anyone have any advice or information that will help ease my nervousness? What's an appeal like? I'm nervous because this could be it. This will put me at half way. I will be so happy to be at half way in this process. It's just making it past the first hurdle that makes it so hard.

The odd thing is I have my monthly follow up appointment with my Doctor the same day at 3:00. I was wondering if I should work it out so my Doctor can talk on my behalf. Anyone think that would be a good idea?

My head is swimming with the things I need to work out making it hard to focus on anything else. I feel like a cartoon charterer that gnawed their fingernails down to the bone

Always, Thanks for listening

-Billie Jo
MacawMother
on 12/5/09 4:05 am
Topic: RE: I can't concentrate at work!
Thanks Steve I am ready!  I just have one more work day left, Monday.

The only issue I have with the protein drinks is the film that it leaves on my teeth!  I could brush after every drink and still have film on my teeth and gums!  

There is another gal in my office that had WLS in 2005.  I started working with her 2006 so I had never seen her pre-op.  I saw a photo of her pre-op the other day and had NO CLUE that's how heavy she was!   Truly amazing!   Another co-worker had her surgery on 11/02 and she's already back to work and doing good.  

Everyone in my office knows and I don't really care.  I've said that from the get go.  My therapist says that if you don't tell people they are going to either figure it out or think that you have cancer or something.  There are a few who have difficulty (or should I say... opinions) with it but for the most part everyone is supportive.

I've been on a pre-op diet for nearly six weeks now.  I do miss food sometimes but it's really amazing how little food we need to survive!  I'm actually enjoying the freedom from food.  I feel like it's not holding me down anymore!  Food had some sort of spell on me and while I'm not fully cured I sure do feel like I'm breaking free from that spell!

I'll be thinking of you too Steve.  You have the advantage of your gender on your side so I'm sure the weight will just melt off you!

See you on the other side!

MacawMother   Heighest/333        Goal/177        Current/152  =  total loss of 181 lbs
Looking into plastics now.   Would like a lower body lift, thigh lift, & boob job.
Udamnskippy
on 12/5/09 3:18 am - Port Orchard, WA
Topic: RE: I can't concentrate at work!
Well??  are we ready? I know its sort of sureal for me.Its truly amazing that Im existing and working without actual  food these past 6 days ! Besides eating chewable vitamins like it was pieces of steak.LOL  I do notice the protien drinks do a number on ones breath.WOW!     I have let loose the news to some of my closer co workers so with that alone it will surely travel to all employees.I have come to find out recently that one of our drivers has had WLS done a year ago. I had a hunch when I seen him a few months back because he was loosing alot of weight so Ill be the second in my work place...... Mrs Macaw Ill be thinking of you at the same time Wed morning while Im getting preped...  Steve
Steve          
pnw
on 12/4/09 6:51 am - Vashon, WA
Topic: RE: Vashon WLS Support Group - NEW first meeting - 11/29/09
Had out first meeting - all 3 of us :D

Great info was shared and we are planning to see each other again in Jan.  I learned a few things and I think they may have from me as well.  As you know - it's not always about the process of surgery - eating and vit - sometimes - it's also about just being there. 

I met with a gal who is 3 years out and another almost 1 year out.  Both had stories that helped each other. 

I hope to ask my friend who is a nutrit to join us for a meeting.

Thanks for your support
Mary - on Vashon
Think of where you've been ~ Dream of where you are going
Share your goals with others and pay it forward.

Billie Jo C.
on 12/4/09 5:27 am - Spokane, WA
Topic: RE: I'm getting closer
I will, and  thank you Kathy...I need all the fingers, toes and eye crossing  I can get right now  
Kathy P.
on 12/3/09 4:39 pm - Port Orchard, WA
Topic: RE: I'm getting closer
Keeping my fingers, toes, eyes crossed for you Billie Jo. Keep us updated as soon as you find out!!!

Hugs,
Kathy
Every morning in Africa, a gazelle wakes up.
It knows it must outrun the fastest lion or it will be killed.
Every morning in
Africa, a lion wakes up.
It knows that it must run faster than the slowest gazelle, or it will starve.
It doesn't matter whether you're a lion or a gazelle
when the sun comes up you'd better be running.

RNY 2/9/09  Buh bye Gallbladder 8/28/09; 100% EWL (181 lbs.) on 2/19/10;
Billie Jo C.
on 12/3/09 2:32 pm - Spokane, WA
Topic: I'm getting closer

I just sent off my appeal to the insurance company. I think this time I will be successful. I was denied due to the lack of information that was sent to them. So I sent in more supporting evidence to help them see that it is Medically Necessary. It would be tremendously beneficial to me in so many ways. I'm keeping a positive attitude and hopping for the best.

I'm trying not to get to over zealous about this but, its hard. I'm wishing for the best and keeping my fingers crossed. I just wanted to share this with everyone because I have a good feeling about this.

Thank you for listening....  

-Billie Jo

MacawMother
on 12/3/09 5:28 am
Topic: I can't concentrate at work!
My surgery is next week and I just can't seem to focus at work!   I've got today, Friday, and Monday left and I feel like an awful employee!  Does anyone have any suggestions?
MacawMother   Heighest/333        Goal/177        Current/152  =  total loss of 181 lbs
Looking into plastics now.   Would like a lower body lift, thigh lift, & boob job.
Helen_Anne
on 12/3/09 2:41 am - Bremerton, WA
Topic: RE: 6 hours and counting

I know you will do great... I had my surgery at Virginia Mason too... we have a great support group that meets the first Thurs of each month.

Helen

Consult W/Surgery W/Revision W/Goal W
332.5/302.6/231/200

Most Active