on 12/14/09 9:00 am - kingwood, TX
Topic: RE: Hello everyone Im still here***
Glad to hear your doing well!

Keep up the good work!

Denise
MacawMother
on 12/13/09 6:13 am
Topic: RE: Hello everyone Im still here***
Here I am!  I was wondering how you were doing!  I'm glad to hear you are up and running... so to speak!   Let me tell you, it's been an interesting time since Wednesday.  There are things I'd really not like the world to know about!!!  I'm feeling better than I ever expected.   I came home the day after surgery and wasn't feeling so good.  After that I've been fine.  We had a little incident with the toilet and thankfully we found someone to come help us with it so we didn't have to pay the after hour plumber fees! 
MacawMother   Heighest/333        Goal/177        Current/152  =  total loss of 181 lbs
Looking into plastics now.   Would like a lower body lift, thigh lift, & boob job.
Udamnskippy
on 12/13/09 4:39 am - Port Orchard, WA
Topic: Hello everyone Im still here***
Im doing well each day ..... walking burping farting like a real pro.The anesthesia was was an ass kicker .... I was on the op table for 9hrs...this was due to scar tissues that as making it a challenge for the Doc . This was from prior hernia corections from when I was a kid.So getting my head and legs back to normal took days.      I weighed @270 at the start of my prep at the hosp......started this initial journey @297 but I have been heavier but that will be no more.  Anyone heard from Macawmom???   Get to you all later     Steve
Steve          
PinkFlamingoes
on 12/12/09 11:51 am - Buckley, WA
Topic: RE: ALL I can say is OMG!!!!!
Congratulations ! The wait is awful , so it's awesome that it got moved up . Do take pre-op pictures . I had to take a before & after picture to work , to show a gal . She didn't believe that I was once well over 300 pounds . Plus , it reminds you , later , when you have self doubt , how far you've come .

bjlepera
on 12/12/09 7:24 am - Bonney Lake, WA
Topic: RE: Surgery on Fort Lewis
I would actually recomend Virginia Mason of Federal Way. Dr. Cat Redmond & Dr. Jeffery HUnter are awesome the web site is informative and They offer so much before during and after WSL. With meeting dietary hook ups and much more. I had gone to St Francis , near there before for DR. OH and after my insurence was denied the first time they somewhat pushed me aside. well not VM they did more than that and got approved from my secondary insurance. 

Also, some Dr.'s at some centers like Dr. Oh office- join up with the facility and they can make claims to the "many surgeries" they performed while really it was the several that were done at the facility itself. Ask the doctors directly how many they have personally managed. Then decide where to go for your support. Good Luck with your new life!!
Dapme
on 12/11/09 4:31 am - kingwood, TX
Topic: DS Support Group..Tukwila...
Just a reminder of the DS support group....Tukwila...

Tomorrow....12Dec09

Takes place at the Sizzler...back room...beginning at 3pm.

I believe Dr Rabkin will do a presentation tomorrow...

Hope to see you there.

Denise
pnw
on 12/10/09 4:07 am - Vashon, WA
What a GREAT Christmas gift!!!

Good luck

Mary
Vashon
Think of where you've been ~ Dream of where you are going
Share your goals with others and pay it forward.

lila_blume
on 12/10/09 2:31 am - Olympia, WA
I am so exited for you. You will see it will go by soooo fast.

Love,

Sigrid

German gal getting healthy

Kathy P.
on 12/9/09 4:42 pm - Port Orchard, WA
Topic: RE: OFF TOPIC-Right to choose OB/GYN ?
Thanks for the replies. It is as I suspected. Helen, I referred our internal HR rep to the website, as she was definately giving out inaccurate information.
GH has a few OB/GYN's that are not GH docs but contact and agree to accept GH rate of payment. Unfortuanely,  my doc is not one of them. So...off to explore new GYN's. Fun times!

Thanks again ladies!

Hugs,
Kathy
Every morning in Africa, a gazelle wakes up.
It knows it must outrun the fastest lion or it will be killed.
Every morning in
Africa, a lion wakes up.
It knows that it must run faster than the slowest gazelle, or it will starve.
It doesn't matter whether you're a lion or a gazelle
when the sun comes up you'd better be running.

RNY 2/9/09  Buh bye Gallbladder 8/28/09; 100% EWL (181 lbs.) on 2/19/10;
tootsasue
on 12/9/09 1:05 pm
Topic: RE: 6 hours and counting
YOU ARE GOING TO DO JUST FINE. YOU CAN FEEL FREE TO CONACT ME IF YOU HAVE ANY QUESTIONS. SEND ME A PRIVATE MESSAGE AND I'LL SEND YOU MY NUMBER SO YOU YOU HAVE IT. GOOD LUCK I CAN SEND YOU MY PHONE NUMBER IF YOU WANT. i WORK AT vm SO CAN CHECK IN ON YA.!!! GOOD LUCK!!!

Most Active