Recent Posts

Kathy H.
on 12/22/09 1:01 pm - Kent, WA
Topic: RE: Rosie's One of Us!!
This is fantastic news, Judy!! When she's feeling better, I'm going to kick her butt for not calling!

Keep us updated, please!

And give her a gentle hug for me.

xoxox

Kathy H
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Have you considered the Duodenal Switch? Information is power.

pam H.
on 12/22/09 2:50 am - Renton, WA
Topic: RE: Happy Holidays!
Merry Christmas to you, Merrilou! I wanted to thank you and Dennis for hosting the Auburn support group. It was so helpful to me, and fun!! I have gone to as many support groups that I can get to with my crazy work schedule, and yours was my favorite. I miss it !

Merry Christmas, and a happy, healthy 2010 to all my Washington OH friends!!!

pam H.
on 12/22/09 2:25 am - Renton, WA
Topic: RE: Dr in Seattle area that will take a Mexico patient
Hi Bernadette. Have you tried Dr. Lauter in Bellevue? I know he has seen people in the past who had bands from other docs, but I don't know if he still does. He is wonderful. I am 14 months out from surgery, and have had no problems . I hope you feel better soon, and can be seen locally.

Hislady
on 12/20/09 11:45 am - Vancouver, WA
I'm no doc but I really don't think it is band related. I've been on the band board for several years and I don't recall anyone having symtoms like that. There is no reason the band would cause a bowel obstruction or fluid in the pelvic area. It is very easy for docs to blame the band for anything that goes wrong but this truely doesn't sound band related with the exception of the pain at the port which could be an infection of some kind. If I were you I would push them to get a final diagnosis and look at other issues as well. It could possibly be gall bladder related as bandsters are notorious for GB issues. I wish you the best and hope they find an actual cause for your pain!
FabBy50 .
on 12/20/09 7:54 am - Everett, WA
Thanks for the info, my Dr's office was supposed to have set me up with one this last week but instead they just kept sending me for more tests!!! I wish I knew 100% that it is my band doing all the damage, but I don't. I will start first thing in the morning looking for a Dr that will take me on, most of them won't see you till you are one year out or without putting a whole lot of money down. That is another thing I need to find out just what my insurance will cover.

This has sure turned into a big pain in the A%&. I just want to find an answer an get it taken care of. If that means I need to fly back down to Mexico then I guess that is what I will have to do.

Thanks again, Bernadette

thisbe777
on 12/20/09 3:46 am
i would be getting on the phone and calling every bariatric surgeon in the area and start asking questions... 

the only way to know is to ask - and ask them all if necessary..

good luck to you

jeris

To live would be an awfully big adventure -- Peter Pan

Dapme
on 12/20/09 2:16 am - kingwood, TX
Topic: RE: Rosie's One of Us!!
Judy!

That is fantastic!

I did not realize she was having it done so quickly...how did that happen!

I can't wait to see you gals again!

Happy Holidays....
Denise
iammelissa
on 12/20/09 1:13 am - federal way, WA
Topic: Dr. Griffin- plastics in Tacoma- anyone familiar?
Looking into cosmetics and wondering if anyone is familiar with Dr.Griffin?
Kathy P.
on 12/19/09 5:16 pm - Port Orchard, WA
Topic: RE: Tomorrow is the day!!!!
Congrats and so glad you are home! It's kind of a nerve-biter when recovery room time is extended, but glad it all worked out! Coming out of anesthia can be a pain (pardon the pun).

Welcome to the Loser's Bench, and HAPPY HOLIDAYS!!

Kathy
Every morning in Africa, a gazelle wakes up.
It knows it must outrun the fastest lion or it will be killed.
Every morning in
Africa, a lion wakes up.
It knows that it must run faster than the slowest gazelle, or it will starve.
It doesn't matter whether you're a lion or a gazelle
when the sun comes up you'd better be running.

RNY 2/9/09  Buh bye Gallbladder 8/28/09; 100% EWL (181 lbs.) on 2/19/10;
FabBy50 .
on 12/19/09 3:51 pm - Everett, WA
Topic: Dr in Seattle area that will take a Mexico patient
Hi fellow Washingtonian:

I had my band done in Mexico in March, and have been moving right along with little problems. I started developing a pain on my left side that radiated from my groin up to my port site that has gotten worse each day. I have been through every test known to man in the last week and they still are not sure it is the band causing the pain. I have had several x rays, CT's ultrasound, blood work, and urine tests. My CT showed some swelling around the tube leading to the port, bowel obstruction, and fluid in my pelvis. My urine test showed blood in it. My problem now is that they are not 100% sure it is the lap band doing the damage or if it is something else.

My question is, does anyone know of a Dr in the Seattle area that will take on a Mexico lap band patient?? I have been on morpheine for a week to control the pain, don't know how much longer I can take this. Please get back to me ASAP.

Thanks Bernadette
Most Active