Recent Posts

iammelissa
on 12/23/09 1:11 pm - federal way, WA
Topic: RE: Dr. Griffin- plastics in Tacoma- anyone familiar?
Sara, so I see that you have done amazing with your weight loss! I'm about 5 pounds from my personal goal of 100 pounds and it's kicking my rear! Can you give me some tips? thanks!!!
iammelissa
on 12/23/09 1:07 pm - federal way, WA
I am looking for a tummy tuck and a lift as well. After obesity and 4 children, I could really use it! thanks for the feedback, I'm ready, I've stopped losing for several months now, but just waiting on getting the funds together!
S.A.R.A.
on 12/23/09 11:31 am - Tacoma, WA
My OB/GYN recommended him... I havent called because I am still 6 months from even thinking of plastics. I asked my OB/GYN at my annual in November. Dr. Nickel said he did great tummies and could give the "lift" I was thinking of. I am not sure if he has worked with WLS patients.

Best Wishes
~Michelle
~M

You must do the thing which you think you cannot do.
~~Eleanor Roosevelt

Merrilou Gronholdt
on 12/23/09 2:38 am - WA
Topic: RE: Happy Holidays!

Hi Pam , I may start hosting the group after the holidays if enough people are intrested in coming! Have a safe and happy holiday!

Merrilou!

Kathy H.
on 12/23/09 1:00 am - Kent, WA
Topic: RE: Rosie's One of Us!!
Judy thanks for the update. I'm so excited for her to be underway!
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Have you considered the Duodenal Switch? Information is power.

Kathy H.
on 12/23/09 1:00 am - Kent, WA
No worries, Rosie!! I was kidding about kicking your butt. :) I'd much rather take a walk with you or give you a hug.

It sounds as if you're doing marvelously well, and that things went very smoothly. I can't wait for you to get beyond this point and to the place where you're really REALLY feeling the difference this surgery makes.

I hope you're feeling well enough to attend the January support group meeting ... I'm excited to see you and hear how you're feeling in person.

xoxo

Kathy H
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Have you considered the Duodenal Switch? Information is power.

thisbe777
on 12/23/09 12:56 am
Topic: RE: Happy Holidays everyone
this is a quiet board....

merry christmas and a happy new year to you!! 

jeris

To live would be an awfully big adventure -- Peter Pan

Rosalie W.
on 12/22/09 11:27 pm
Hi Kathy,

You will need to wait a while before you kick my butt; however, you can start practicing. I did find your phone number but it was around midnight and I didn't think you would appreciate a call at that time.

I am feeling better - walking, getting all the vitamins and meds down. Protein started yesterday - I really want real protien instead of the sugary-tasting shakes/pudding. Otherwise, things are going exceptionally well. 

I'll see you at the January support meeting. Again, I appologize for not calling - doctor's visits every day for four weeks prior to surgery, trying to get my grading done; I know, flimsy excuses, but I thought I should come up with something.    :-)  Rosie

Judy O.
on 12/22/09 4:14 pm - Tacoma (Parkland), WA
I'll be sure Rosie gets your message, Kathy.  Hopefully, she'll be at the next DS meeting in Tukwilla and you can give her hell.

One week out, Rosie is doing very well. You all remember that that first month after surgery isn't the best of times, but she isn't having any major complications . . . just all the normal fun things    lol
I have to say I'm very proud of her, and Dr. Srikanth will be too; Rosie is being very compliant with all his instructions.  Her husband, Evan, is being very helpful and accommodating, so that really helps her out. 
PinkFlamingoes
on 12/22/09 1:13 pm - Buckley, WA
Topic: Happy Holidays everyone
I come & check on you all frequently , but haven't posted much lately . But , i'm still here , lurking . lol .

I hope all of y'all have a great holiday & a happy New Year .

Most Active