Recent Posts

curiousasacat
on 12/30/09 12:06 pm - WA
Topic: RE: Reactions from friends/family during the holidays??
I'm loving it too... though I had to tell myself--enough!!! I went again last Monday --- found 4 prs of jeans--blue tag special for $1.29 each.  I'm so shocked!!! But I doubt I'll be shopping again anytime soon since I'll be buried in homework for a long while. Hope I'll do ok--it's been 14 years since I've been in school. Kelly
Fran575
on 12/30/09 10:40 am - Tacoma, WA
Topic: 20 days and counting.....Hernia repair and TT
Only 20 days to go and then I will be back in Madigan for Hernia repair and my Anchor TT. I'm excited and scared. My surgeon will be my WLS doctor (Dr. Preston Carter) and I so trust him, but still nervous.
I quit smoking 3 weeks ago (Dr Carters orders) and just want to eat everything in sight. I have gained 2 pounds (now weigh 139, up from 137). I am hoping the oral fixation will ease up here soon, can't keep eating it's making me sick.
Not posting for any particular reason, just kind of wanted to put in writing what I was feeling right this moment. Kind of using this board as a journal right now.
That's all there is..............
Thanks for reading,
Fran

stephbens
on 12/30/09 9:49 am
Topic: Revision
I just submitted paperwork for the process of getting a revision fo DS from the lapband.  Called my insurance back and they said, no I don't have to go to Spokane as long as the procedure takes place at a center of excellence.  I do need prior approval, wish me luck.

Steph
MacawMother
on 12/30/09 4:36 am
Topic: RE: drs. in spokane that do revisions to DS
Nobody in Spokane does DS.
MacawMother   Heighest/333        Goal/177        Current/152  =  total loss of 181 lbs
Looking into plastics now.   Would like a lower body lift, thigh lift, & boob job.
KARA_TOP
on 12/30/09 4:31 am - richland, WA
I Love, Love, Love thrift store shopping!!!!

All time highest: 370
Started this process: 343
Day of surgery: 281
Current: 150
Goal: 140'ish
Wow thats alot of info
stephbens
on 12/30/09 12:55 am
Topic: drs. in spokane that do revisions to DS
According to my health plan, I have to have surgery at Sacred Heart and the surgery has to be with a doctor from there, does anyone know docs that do revisons
FabBy50 .
on 12/29/09 1:49 am - Everett, WA
Topic: RE: Dr in Seattle area that will take a Mexico patient
Thanks for all of the reply's but Im headed back to my original Dr in Mexico, my surgery is scheduled for Tomorrow!! Yeah. Band will be out sleeve will be done.
Wish me luck!!
Bernadette
Merrilou Gronholdt
on 12/28/09 11:23 pm - WA
Topic: RE: Dr in Seattle area that will take a Mexico patient
You might try Dr. Fox in Auburn 833-7300.

Merrilou
curiousasacat
on 12/27/09 3:38 pm, edited 12/27/09 3:40 pm - WA
Little note.... When I went online to find out where these these jeans are normally sold -- (ones I got from the Goodwill) (only 7 bucks each) and little did I know that these jeans were from Macy's and Nordstorm's... the cheapest pair costs over 60 dollars each and the one pair I got was about 118 dollars. OMG. I'm sticking to Goodwill--I will never, ever shop at these outrageously expensive stores--but at least I look fantastic in them (snickers). Kelly
curiousasacat
on 12/27/09 12:25 pm - WA
Topic: Reactions from friends/family during the holidays??
Holidays were pretty interesting...Christmas Eve and Christmas were very huge get-togethers (17 people on Christmas eve and 16 on Christmas)  I am doing pretty well --- some people I hadn't seen for over a year---they said they wouldn't have recognized me if passing me on the street. 

Some people had been asking how much I lost in the last few months ... I declined saying how much --I lost track --- who cares how much I've lost as long as I look good and healthy? 

I had to ask my mother for any jeans that didn't fit her a month ago -- they fit ok back then.  Now -- I had to return those jeans back to my mother... too baggy... kinda repulsive as I felt
 like one of those people wearing baggy pants showing their underwear -- ya know that look? (Had to wear a belt....)

But now, after a 2 hour long shopping trip in the Goodwill store yesterday--trying on 30 pairs of jeans -- jeez.... I'm on the other side of the spectrum --- Most clothes are way too big and very few clothes are too small) at least I found three -- they FIT just RIGHT! But it's kinda silly --- two of those jeans are Junior pants.... and they are different brands --- I fit in an 8, 6, and a 4 -- go figure.

For Christmas--Mom gave me a beautiful sweater---I looked at the size tag...I was disappointed... Medium... I told Mom--I'm a small....   she said, well at least you'll be warm...  (I doubt very much that I will wear it "proudly" as when I wear the medium sweater--my bra shows as all medium shirts bares my whole shoulder) (I don't know where she got that  and no tag or a receipt...)

My brother--sad to say... has gain very considerable weight this year.. of course, he kept asking me how much I lost--I said -- I don't know...his wife intervened and said, "Don't say anything, he'll go crazy about it." Of course, I didn't. All I said was "Jus****ch your portions."  and changed the subject. 

My brother and I had been very competitve in high school...we've been very good athletes... Seems that it's slipping for him and hope he would get back into shape soon or at leas****ch what he eats as he is still very active in the gym. It was kind of shocking, because he used to be in the "normal" spectrum just a few months ago and now he's in the "obese" sectrum--skipping the overweight spectrum pretty fast....

Anyway, some of my family who I hadn't seen for over a year -- they said it was like a timewarp--going back 20 years... as I look almost exactly when I was 19. It's like looking in the timewarp mirror with a few wrinkles and of course, wearing glasses instead of contacts.

Update---I'll be going back to school next week Monday. I'm excited... and trying to make up for lost time.  That topic of going back to school helped me to change the "weight" topic... it gets boring after a while.  "You looking GOOD!" over and over was driving me nuts and I felt that by getting back into the family social circle during the holidays by talking about "other things" like work or school or family was just perfect....   I guess there are bound to be a few disappointments like that beautiful sweater, but heck, at least, I'm very happy being able to mingle with my families--not worrying about my low self-esteem and my body...

It's been an incredible journey and I'm loving it... Now, all I gotta do, is to stay on track... Life is too short --- no more wasting time---just making sure that I do something constructively everyday.

Kelly
Most Active