Recent Posts

PinkFlamingoes
on 12/31/09 9:53 am - Buckley, WA
Topic: RE: One year ago today... *pix*
You look fantastic ! I so want to zipline in Hawaii . It looks like a blast .

PinkFlamingoes
on 12/31/09 9:50 am - Buckley, WA
Topic: RE: Dr. Griffin- plastics in Tacoma- anyone familiar?
How were his prices compared to others ? I had my TT at UW , but it's far away & they will only do one procedure at a time in the residency program . I need a breast lift , my arms , & a backside lift . I wouldn't do the backside at the same time as the upper . Just wondering .Thanks

jennay
on 12/31/09 7:47 am
Topic: Marysville Support Group
You are invited! 

Monthly Support Group for patients interested in a positive, safe environment to discuss issues, ask questions, share stories, and celebrate victories with weight loss surgery (all types welcome).  Whether you are a current patient, are scheduled for surgery, or are just gathering information about weight-loss surgery then this is the place for you!

Important Details:

First Thursday of each month (January 7th will be our next meeting)
6:30-8 pm
Grandview Village*
5800 64th ST NE (near the Marysville YMCA)
Marysville WA 98270

*when you enter the lobby the staff will direct you to the meeting room

MacawMother
on 12/31/09 7:03 am
Topic: RE: GOT PICS! Xmas' Before&After posted!
You were beautiful before and now you're beautiful AND healthy!  Congrats!  There's nothing like the before and after photos for inspiration! 
MacawMother   Heighest/333        Goal/177        Current/152  =  total loss of 181 lbs
Looking into plastics now.   Would like a lower body lift, thigh lift, & boob job.
MacawMother
on 12/31/09 7:01 am
Yahooo baby!  Absolutely fabulous!  

p.s. My mother-in-law lives on American Lake in Lakewood. 
MacawMother   Heighest/333        Goal/177        Current/152  =  total loss of 181 lbs
Looking into plastics now.   Would like a lower body lift, thigh lift, & boob job.
jillianD
on 12/31/09 12:02 am - olympia, WA
RNY on 02/13/08 with
Topic: RE: 20 days and counting.....Hernia repair and TT
Very excited for you Fran!  I know when I quit I carried around a cinnamon stick, it helped with the need to do something with my hands.  Maybe some SF hard candy to suck on?  You will lose those pounds right after surgery the binder really increased my restriction.  Good luck and keep postin!
Jilly  BR/BL  April 15, 2009!!

jillianD
on 12/30/09 11:57 pm - olympia, WA
RNY on 02/13/08 with
You are amazing!  Happy New Year!
Jilly  BR/BL  April 15, 2009!!

rushour
on 12/30/09 11:32 pm - Detroit, MI
Congrats to you lady, 2010 will be the year for me. I need to lose 100lbs but with self-determination and support I know I can do...Happy New Year to the new you.
jcheryld
on 12/30/09 2:27 pm
Topic: One year ago today... *pix*
One year ago today, I had weight loss surgery (RNY) that changed my life as I knew it. I decided that 6 months prior to surgery, at a high of 322lbs, that I had to do something drastic to battle my lifelong weight issue. As of today, I have surpassed my goal and lost 148lbs! That is just ridiculous to me! I'm so glad I made the choice to take my life back. Top 14 WOW moments of 2009:
1. Running for more than a couple minutes at a time
2. Shopping in "normal" size stores and sections
3. Becoming a yoga instructor
4. Not break into a sweat doing normal activities
5. Zipline in Hawaii
6. Wear a bikini
7. Wear single digit size clothing
8. Feel comfortable in my gym locker room in just a towel
9. Do a modified yoga headstand
10. Have people not recognize me when they see me
11. Receive daily compliments on my success
12. Having my surgeon tell me not to lose anymore weight
13. Training for a triathlon
14. Sitting comfortably in an airplane seat

I just want to say thank you to everyone who has supported me in my journey, gave me guidance and advice when needed, and given me feedback on clothes! You all have been great... cheers to 2010!

Before:

IMG_0436-1-1.jpg picture by jcheryld and after: 011-1.jpg picture by jcheryld
For anyone pre-op or contemplating this journey for themselves... take the leap! It IS your chance at life again!
Pregnancy%20ticker
Make a pregnancy ticker  

Hit goal 10/31/09!  RNY!!!

EmbodySuccess
on 12/30/09 1:14 pm - Roswell, GA
Topic: GOT PICS! Xmas' Before&After posted!
Go to my OH Profile & you'll see my just-uploaded ALBUM,
"Lauralyn's Christmas' 2002 ~ Now!"

Because I already had my surgery date, I knew Christmas 2002 would be my last in a plus-size body.
Coming up on my 7th POST-OP anniversary and I have NOT gained back any weight!
I am truly "at home" in a strong, healthy body after being a yo-yo dieter for most of my previous 50+ years prior to RNY in 2/03.
Wishing everyone a healthier, happier 2010!
Lauralyn

Lauralyn Bellamy, MA, MDIV, ct Dreamcoach
Self-sabotage stopped!
Learn more at: embodysuccesscoach.com

Most Active