ssd1962
on 1/5/10 1:59 am - Issaquah, WA
Topic: RE: Looking for Revision Surgeon in Washington State
Dr David Lauter
Institute for Laproscopic Surgery
Bellevue, WA
laproscopyNW.com
425-453-7888

great surgeon in a great practice, great hospital, done alot of revisions. Can usually get a quick surgery date depending on insurance requirements.
Merrilou Gronholdt
on 1/5/10 12:57 am - WA
Topic: RE: New to the WA State board & 7 days postop
Welcome! Have someone take lots of photo's! Start today you will be happy you did later!

Merrilou
Merrilou Gronholdt
on 1/5/10 12:54 am - WA
Topic: RE: New to the WA board--MAMC patient
I would guess you need more liquid protein, ask your Doc and see if he thinks that will help. Good luck!

Merrilou
PinkFlamingoes
on 1/4/10 1:45 pm - Buckley, WA
Topic: RE: New to the WA State board & 7 days postop
Welcome to the Washington board . And congrats on your recent surgery . Sometimes the Washingto board is a little quiet . Keep us updated on your progress .

SeattleBiggie
on 1/4/10 1:04 pm
Topic: New to the WA State board & 7 days postop
Hello folks, I just wanted to introduce myself as I just found this option on ObesityHelp.com. I've been on the general site for a couple weeks. I came home from my RNY on New Year's Eve and am feeling pretty good so far. Good to meet other Washingtonians going through this process - Till Soon, Kathy (SeattleBiggie)
Andrea_1972
on 1/4/10 10:23 am - WA

Helen 

I started a food log today as a matter of fact. Today was about the typical way that I eat. I fell way short on protien and calories were tiny . I never thought about the fact that I was not eating enough. I may do this for a couple of weeks and then make an in between appointment to see my nut.

Andrea

Helen_Anne
on 1/4/10 4:39 am - Bremerton, WA

Andrea...

This may odd... but you may not be eating enough..... I know I was not as active as you my first couple of months after surgery. How many calories are you eating every day?  Are you keeping a food journal.... depending on how tall you are and your age.... you may need to eat more food since you are so active.  Do you have a nutritionist that you are working with? She/He might be able to look at your food diary and see what changes you could make. 

Are you taking your supplements?  I am not sure if this would make a difference in weight loss... but I know it makes a difference in your general health.

As far a follow-up goes.... I saw my surgeon at 2 wks, 3 months, 6 months and 1 year. 

I hope this helps.....

Helen

Consult W/Surgery W/Revision W/Goal W
332.5/302.6/231/200

Andrea_1972
on 1/3/10 3:39 pm - WA
Topic: New to the WA board--MAMC patient

Hi ya'll

I had my revision from VBG to RNY back in November of 09. I had my surgery at MAMC by Dr. Martin. I saw him one time to set up the uppe GI and the next time I saw him we were schedualing my surgery. I had struggled with the stupid docs over at McCord for so long to send me to MAMC just to be checked out. I knew for a very long time something was not "right" with me.I threw up anytime I ate "real" food. This had gone on for years. I had finally given up. My opening was closed to the size of a pencil eraser. OMG!!! I quit smoking in April and then hurt my back and ballooned back up to 190. I was doing a good job of maintaining till then. I feel like I was rushed through the whole procedure. I only saw Dr. Martin ONE time while in the hospital. I saw him at 3 weeks for about 3 minutes. Told not to come back till Feb. I am frustrated because I am very active( feel really good now that I can eat), running 3 miles/ 3times a week and go to the Y for TBC classes 2 days a week. I have barely lost 20 pounds and 16 of that was gone before my 3 week appointment. I am so frustrated right now that I am sitting here eating crackers. What do I do? I am following the food plan(except for this minute) and getting my protien and water and blah blah blah. So why have I stalled at less than 2 months.
Thanks for reading.

PinkFlamingoes
on 1/3/10 8:29 am, edited 1/3/10 8:30 am - Buckley, WA
Topic: RE: Duodenal switch surgeons in washington?
Like others said Dr's Srikanth & Oh both do DS . They are both excellent surgeons . Dr. Srikanth has a much better bedside manner , though  . I am very happy with my RNY & am at goal . My main reason I would have had the DS is that I have arthritis & can't take NSAIDS , which sucks . DSers can take NSAIDS , or so i'm told .

PinkFlamingoes
on 1/3/10 8:22 am - Buckley, WA
Topic: RE: Revision
Good luck Steph . I'm glad insurances are giving more choices these days . Just a little over 3 years ago many insurances in this area didn't cover any at all . Thus I was self pay . I'm glad they are coming around .

Most Active