Recent Posts

charlesh
on 1/7/10 11:56 am - Vancouver, WA
Topic: RE: Does anyone know a good surgeon in Renton/Seattle/Bellevue area?
Dr David Lauter in Belluvue he is great he did my surgery on Dec 15th and he has been just awesome. I went around and visited many doctors and no one compares to him.

9 weeks out
charlesh
on 1/7/10 11:54 am - Vancouver, WA
Topic: RE: Looking for Revision Surgeon in Washington State
Dr David Lauter is is the best a far as I am concerned

9 weeks out
sppollock
on 1/7/10 11:31 am
Topic: RE: DS Support Group...Tukwila...

Can I show up later.  My wife works and gets off work at 3 pm and I need to find a support group.  Can be there about 4.  How long do the meeting normally last?

Dapme
on 1/7/10 11:17 am - kingwood, TX
Topic: DS Support Group...Tukwila...
Hi Everyone!

Just a reminder the Ds Support group...Tukwila takes place this Saturday 09Jan.

It takes place in the Sizzler at Southcenter.

It starts at 3pm in the backroom!

Hope to see you there!

Denise
curiousasacat
on 1/7/10 7:39 am - WA
Topic: RE: North West WLS Support Group Update
Victim - Survivor - Thriver activity  <  what is that?  

You have so many ideas, would it be a good idea to separate each idea in a new topic --- all that is very overwhelming ...

positive affirmations is a great tool that everyone could use

I had experienced telephone conferencing 3 years ago, that sounds like a great idea...

About the plastic surgeon, I find that I don't need.... one... but thanks for asking.

Kelly
thisbe777
on 1/7/10 1:02 am
Topic: RE: Does anyone know a good surgeon in Renton/Seattle/Bellevue area?
st francis in federal way has a great program and great docs (but i'm kinda biased.....) 

jeris

To live would be an awfully big adventure -- Peter Pan

Christine Gibson
on 1/6/10 3:43 pm, edited 1/6/10 3:43 pm - Redmond, WA
Topic: RE: North West WLS Support Group Update
Greetings Kelly:

My group is open to one and all.  Yes, I'd love to expand the group to include others.   Currently my group has folks who live in most diverse areas, from Okanawa Japan to Maryland to Oklahoma, to Redmond WA, to Mill Creek, to Seattle, to Everett, to Tacoma, to Puyallup, to ... you get the idea. 

I have several neat ideas about great things to do.

I have a Plastic Surgeon who is most willing to come to talk with us about plastic surgery after WLS.   I need to have a specific head count of folks who would be interested in learning more about plastic surgery before I schedule his participation.

Another subject that might work for folks would be to put on a Victim - Survivor - Thriver activity which would take 3 sessions. 

The sessions could either be over the telephone (I already have a telephone # everyone could use to call in so we could all be connected at the same time and thus interact with everyone), or through the chat room at OH -- which probably would not work, or gathering together in a central location 3 times where we could all gather.  Perhaps someone's office could accommodate us in one of their meeting rooms or in their cafeteria, or ....

Right now, I am simply deluged with responses to folks at OH to my responses about regaining weight after 2 or more years.  My 5th anniversary for my RNY was 12-30-04.  My inbox is overloaded with questions about how I have been successful with my 150# weight loss, keeping it off, and learning about my Green Smoothies.

Another great topic which I've already presented to my group to absolute rave reviews is a thorough discussion about protein.

Yet another subject is learning how to develop your own self-hypnosis tapes to program your mind prudently about effective weight loss.

Yet even another idea is a workshop to develop positive affirmations to ensure a most satisfying life for each of us.

Let me know your thoughts as we flesh out what to do in 2010 with this "non-denominational" group.

I truly hope other folks chime in and let me know your thoughts.  Don't forget, I need a head count for the plastic surgeon presentation..

Blessings,
                Christine Gibson, MS, MA
       ObesityHelp Support Group Leader and Support Group Coach
               Bariatric University Suport Group Coach
               www.ObesityHelp.com/group/BellevueWA
               [email protected]
curiousasacat
on 1/6/10 11:37 am - WA
Topic: RE: New to the WA board--MAMC patient
I would stall for a month a couple of  times in the past year... but I was losing inches... I wonder -are you losing inches? - yes,  protein intake is important.... someone said liquid protein --- the protein powder drinks would be helpful in the first year of post op...    Someone also said, if very active, make sure to increase the calorie intake, water intake, and also the sodium intake (before, my foods were very low on sodium... but now salt is very important to take in the water into the body)... Hope you can find a support group or a WLS buddy so you can get some feedback in this matter.  A nutritionist would be a good person to talk with as well. Kelly
vitalady
on 1/6/10 10:32 am - Puyallup, WA
RNY on 10/05/94
Topic: RE: New to the WA board--MAMC patient
Are you anywhere near me?

I was thinking if we could sit 'n talk, we might be able to sort thru he info you HAD and now have, the program you HAD and now have, stuff like that.

Michelle
RNY, distal, 10/5/94 

P.S.  My year + long absence has NOTHING to do with my WLS, or my type of WLS. See my profile.

curiousasacat
on 1/6/10 4:45 am - WA
Topic: RE: New to the WA State board & 7 days postop
Welcome to the board, Kathy!

Yes, the board has been pretty quiet--probably the holidays--but I'm seeing this board warming up, now that the holidays are out of the way!

Kelly
Most Active