Recent Posts

Oxford Comma Hag
on 2/5/13 10:56 pm
Topic: RE: Fife Support Group
We meet the second Tuesday of every month, so we will be meeting again on the 12th.
Everyone is welcome. We look forward to seeing you there!
Congratulations on your surgery date. That is great news.

I fight badgers with spoons.

National Suicide Prevention Lifeline: 800-273-8255

Suicidepreventionlifeline.org

Stacey S.
on 2/5/13 1:27 pm - WA
Topic: RE: Fife Support Group

Well, this is pretty amazing! I got my surgery date today (having the sleeve procedure Feb. 25) and here I find this support group that meets right near where I live. Incredible!! If you are meeting on Feb. 12, I'd like to come.

-- Stacey

TaliTali
on 2/3/13 7:34 am - Sammamish, WA
Topic: Seattle Area WLS Support Group Sat. Feb. 9th 2013

Hello everyone! 

It's that time again and this month we'll be talking about iron and its importance in post-op care. We are primarily a DS support group but welcome ALL surgery types.

We meet at the Sizzler in Tukwila (Southcenter) at 3:00 PM on Feb. 9th 2013. 

You can learn more on the page below and RSVP for the event (not required).

Here's more info and you can RSVP for the event.

http://www.meetup.com/wls-90/

Questions?! Ask away!

HW ~ SW ~ CW
310 - 291 - 150

Rudie2
on 1/22/13 11:59 pm - South Sound, WA
Topic: RE: 4 weeks After RNY!
Merrillee: Congratulations for getting back on track. Your journey was complicated, however, and I'm so sorry you had all the stumbling blocks. Your progress at this point is wonderful and I know you'll continue to perfect health and look gorgeous. I'm 6 years out - I went from 220 to 121 in about a year. Since I was at the very upper limit of the age requirements, 70 (I'll be forever grateful to the surgeon) and the normal aging process had begun, at 121 I was too thin and looked gaunt. I'm 5'2", but "ample" in the hips and thighs. I've been as high as 144 within the weight range and was too heavy. Then I have to step back and take another look at what I'm doing for myself. Currently I'm 128 and holding - I'm wearing size 8 jeans and 36 flat bras.

How are you doing with exercise? I'm wishing you well and know by the next anniversary, you'll be your highest self.

Congratulations,
DeVonne
Bremerton
Oxford Comma Hag
on 1/22/13 4:23 am
Topic: RE: Seattle Area Surgeon

Let us know how it goes, Cam.

Cam L.
on 1/21/13 8:32 am - Seattle, WA
Thank you to everyone! I am attending a seminar with Dr Srikanth in Federal Way. The girl at the office was very helpful and said he addresses revisions in the presentation and will have a note to speak with me afterwards.
Oxford Comma Hag
on 1/21/13 8:00 am

Yeah, I have heard that about Swedish, too. That's a shame because McMahon is a good doctor and the program is great. You can also try Dr Srikanth in Federal Way. I know he does revisions.

Katie M.
on 1/21/13 1:53 am - WA
Topic: RE: Anyone sleeved at Puget Sound Surgical?

I have had my LapSleeve (Dr Billing) for over 4 yrs :)

I also work at PSSC (for the past 2 yrs)

This is a big decision, so weigh your options carefully - best wishes in your journey!

Katie

buffy123
on 1/14/13 12:43 am

I am glad to hear you had a great experience.  Thank you so much for the info.

JoyceannTuck
on 1/14/13 12:38 am - DEER PARK, WA
Lap Band on 04/07/11 with

Buffy:

Hubby and I used to be on Group Health Insurance. They flat out denial our PCP's request for bariatric surgery.  After we changed insurance companies, we were immediately approved. Group Health was good for a lot of things, this was not one of them. 

Since our surgery, our plan has not had to pay for the huge volume of insulin I used to use.  That savings to them has been more than what they paid of the surgery, on my behalf. We were prepared to cash pay if needed, but luckily it was a covered benefit under our new policy.

Most Active