Recent Posts

LisaAnn
on 1/9/10 6:28 am - WA
Topic: RE: Update
What an amazing success story! Living life is the best success there is!

Congrats on going back to school. I did the same, a few years back, and am getting finished up on my bachelors in Accounting / Business, and just decided (with the help of my advisor) to add a Criminal Justice degree in there too! Most of my courses can be done online as well, and I love, love, love it!!!! You will too, I am sure!

Well, just wanted to congratulate you !!!!!!

Lisa

229 / 148/ 135
Open DS Surgery with Dr. Martin @ Madigan 
Revision from 2006 - VBG
Hernia repair and tummy tuck - 05/12/2010

curiousasacat
on 1/9/10 5:46 am - WA
Topic: Update
Okay, gonna be quick... I'm back in college after 15 years' of absense. I survived the first week of college. I'm online more because my classes require me to! Go figure.

Need to balance being online and offline (mental note to self!) Doing well, so far, so good.

Went to a F2F support group (Thru Thick and Thin)(It was great support!) last week (in Puyallup, I think, was far, anyways!).

Hmmm.... since I'm more busy, I realize planning is very important if I want to make sure I don't go hungry, thirsty, or forget my vitamins... (I was so busy that I thought I forgot my IRON for a whole week, but it was only 1 day that I missed...whew...) 

Exercise? I don't have to worry as one of my classes is a Total Fitness class (if I flunk... then I know I'm not exercising!), plus I'm running to the bus stop, running from the bus stop to home ('cuz of the RAIN! (oy!) ) or biking to and from school.

My relationships with family and friends have improved  so dramatically now that I'm not being a reculse due to my obesity(with shame. embarrassment, and lack of right size clothing (ugh)) Plus, I'm making new friends in college. That's an absolute thrill.

No more hiding  ......  Self-esteem is up, all the good things is on track... What more can I say? Kelly
curiousasacat
on 1/9/10 5:29 am - WA
Topic: RE: Does anyone know a good surgeon in Renton/Seattle/Bellevue area?
If you are this far out, you can just go to your PCP and make sure your PCP check your nutrional profile on your Magnesium, B-12, Iron, and all the works... It may not be necessary to see a surgeon for the little stuff....  but it might be wise to have one as a back up if anything goes wrong-relating to your WLS. Try asking the main forum or the forum specialized of your WLS (if RNY, go there) Kelly
curiousasacat
on 1/9/10 5:24 am - WA
Topic: RE: support group?
I don't know.... of any up that far north....    Washingtonians---any response?  Kelly
curiousasacat
on 1/9/10 5:23 am - WA
Topic: RE: X-post 11 Months Today-I'm half the woman I used to be!
Congrats on your progress.   Half the woman .... in inches, yup  but you are still the same woman. Just like me. Happy New Year XOXO to ya too, Kathy.  (Very cute on the Godfather tone,  "point taken care of...")  LOL  I'll post an update on a new post. Kelly
jillianD
on 1/9/10 4:31 am - olympia, WA
RNY on 02/13/08 with
Topic: RE: New to the WA board--MAMC patient
I agree you probably not getting enough calories, do you drink protein shakes?  Keep your chin up you will lose the weight! 
I think there is another couple of factors going on too,

1. You were a light weight, so you won't lose as much as fast. ( there is a lightweights board on OH in you want to compare #'s)  Your ticker says you want to get down to 150lbs, your already half way there!!
2. I have heard that revisions lose a bit slower, no idea if its true or not.

Enjoy feeling better! 
Jilly  BR/BL  April 15, 2009!!

Kathy P.
on 1/9/10 2:30 am - Port Orchard, WA
Topic: X-post 11 Months Today-I'm half the woman I used to be!
Well, today, January 9th, I am half the woman I used to be. I've lost over half of my high weight, and 89.25% of my excess body weight. Basically, 19.5 lbs. to go to goal!

The time span between November to December was incredibly slow, December to January, a bit better... I increased calories to around 1000 to 1100 per day. Cardio three to four times per week with a few weight sessions added in (usually 15 minute sessions after a half hour cardio workout). I've increased my running/jogging/walking/crawling outings. Mapped a 1.7 mile route and a 5k route starting from my home.

Now that I am soooo close to goal, I know the loss will continue to be slow. I'm okay with that. I am still not "doing" pasta, white bread, rices. My protein intake is around 110 grams per day. I love my fruits and veggies. Red meat still doesn't sit well...but pork, lamb, chicken, seafood...yummers!

GOALS FOR 2010:  Improve my 5k time; run at least on 10k; negotiate a way to get my "panni" and possibly thighs "taken care of...." *saying in a Godfather tone of voice*.

I will write more later on my blog. I've neglected it over the past several months. Lots going on.

Hope you are all doing well, and that your New Year got off to a fabulous start. 

Big New Year kisses to ya!
Kathy
Every morning in Africa, a gazelle wakes up.
It knows it must outrun the fastest lion or it will be killed.
Every morning in
Africa, a lion wakes up.
It knows that it must run faster than the slowest gazelle, or it will starve.
It doesn't matter whether you're a lion or a gazelle
when the sun comes up you'd better be running.

RNY 2/9/09  Buh bye Gallbladder 8/28/09; 100% EWL (181 lbs.) on 2/19/10;
Kathy H.
on 1/8/10 3:08 pm - Kent, WA
Topic: RE: DS Support Group...Tukwila...
I'll be there, Denise!

My friend chumped out, but hopefully we'll get her to another meeting soon. I know of at least one new person that's coming.... I'm looking forward to it!
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Have you considered the Duodenal Switch? Information is power.

Mdae
on 1/8/10 12:12 pm
Topic: RE: Looking for Revision Surgeon in Washington State
There are a VERY limited number of surgeons that I would trust if i were a revision.  Dr. Rabkin is #1 on that list.

FabBy50 .
on 1/8/10 10:16 am - Everett, WA
Topic: RE: Dr in Seattle area that will take a Mexico patient
Thanks for the info, but I had a revision done a week ago. No more pain thank goodness. I had a long surgery the band had done a lot of damage. But now I feel great!
Thanks again
Bernadette
Most Active