Recent Posts

Kathy P.
on 1/11/10 3:29 am - Port Orchard, WA
Topic: RE: OFF TOPIC-Right to choose OB/GYN ?
Thanks Deb.

I actually ended up seeing a new OB/GYN at GH in Tacoma. They got me right in since I had some concerns. He was thorough, and quick with a call back to let me know all test results/biopsies were normal.

I appreciate the information on the "law", and passed that on to my friend, who has since learned she was mistaken.

Thanks again!
Kathy
Every morning in Africa, a gazelle wakes up.
It knows it must outrun the fastest lion or it will be killed.
Every morning in
Africa, a lion wakes up.
It knows that it must run faster than the slowest gazelle, or it will starve.
It doesn't matter whether you're a lion or a gazelle
when the sun comes up you'd better be running.

RNY 2/9/09  Buh bye Gallbladder 8/28/09; 100% EWL (181 lbs.) on 2/19/10;
vitalady
on 1/11/10 3:23 am - Puyallup, WA
RNY on 10/05/94
Topic: Support Groups in Puyallup
This week, Tuesday 1/12 and Wed, 1/13 at 7pm

adult support people welcome

Michelle
RNY, distal, 10/5/94 

P.S.  My year + long absence has NOTHING to do with my WLS, or my type of WLS. See my profile.

1mom4boys
on 1/11/10 2:07 am - Spokane, WA
Topic: RE: OFF TOPIC-Right to choose OB/GYN ?

I work for GH and it all depends on your plan.   If you have a more traditional HMO GHC plan then you have to select from the providers that are contracted.  Depending on where you live that list might be long or short.  

There is no law such as the one your friends are advising you of.  You have the right to see any doctor.  Just have to pay for it.  If you feel strongly, I would recommend using a health care flexible spending account if your company offers the benefit.

I would be more than happy to help you navigate GH anytime.  Just send me a note.

Deb

Deb

"I'm kind of paranoiac in reverse. I suspect people of plotting to make me happy." -Seymour Glass
kayakinbum
on 1/10/10 3:47 pm - Seattle, WA
VSG on 02/23/10 with
Topic: RE: new to the forum madigan ???
Hi! Dr. Sebesta is my surgeon as well, I just met him last week. I didn't go through the pathways as I've already done everything else with another doctor...long story.

I thought Dr. Sebesta was really knowledgeable and explained things really well. He lets you pretty much choose your surgery and he'll tell you straight out what he's going to do, etc. I LOVED his resident - he's a cutie-pie.

My date is Feb 23 but they said you might get a call earlier and I already got a call for this TUESDAY! But, I couldn't take it b/c my husband is on call for wor****il next Thursday but I told them to call me if anything else opens up. I've heard of a lot of people going earlier than their date so be prepared!

Good luck! Let me know what you think when you meet him.

BMI: 55.2/46.6/25 (Start/Current/Goal)

Rose-7
on 1/10/10 2:03 pm
Topic: RE: Xpost Excessive skin(how much is too much) Plastic surgery?
Kelly, I think the answer is that you have to decided when too much skin is too much and you feel uncomfortable in it.  You can go see a plastic surgeon or two and get ideas on what they can do for you.  These consults are free.  I have had 3 surgeries to fix Breasts, arms, full circ. and legs. My Dr is the best!  The next thing is to decided what really bothers you.  I think for most of us it is tummy and breasts.
Andrea_1972
on 1/10/10 12:53 pm - WA
Topic: RE: new to the forum madigan ???
Hi

I am not familiar with Pathway but I did have my revision at MAMC with Dr. Martin. I was more impressed with Madigan than I thought I was going to be. Welcome to the board. Check out the rest of the site. You will find a plethura(five dollar word, LOL) of information.

Andrea

pnw
on 1/10/10 10:20 am - Vashon, WA
Topic: RE: I do not believe this!!
 You inspired him :) 
Think of where you've been ~ Dream of where you are going
Share your goals with others and pay it forward.

curiousasacat
on 1/10/10 7:44 am - WA
Topic: Xpost Excessive skin(how much is too much) Plastic surgery?
I had RNY July 2008... I've already reached my goal weight.. However, I can grab MORE than 2 handfuls (with two hands!) of "skin"on each side of my thighs and my stomach.   My surgeon (she said before surgery) said that my skin should bounce back... well what if they don't... (it's been 17 months).

I don't see that happening on my belly with that much skin... nor my thighs... When I'm laying flat or doing yoga stuff (when moving my body upside down) or other activities -- they really hang out, if I'm wearing a swimsuit, shorts, or whatever...  (and my breasts (if not wearing a bra) .... they are like ... well  like someone who hadn't been wearing a bra all their lives, like those African natives (no offense, just trying to describe without being too graphic)

Uhmm... when I wear clothes--no one can tell.. but as I'm married... it's kind of embarrassing...doing the "marriage life" activities....

At what point do I need to think about plastic surgery? and when?

Any tips or inputs or advice would be greatly appreciated.

Kelly
Renee3846
on 1/10/10 7:28 am
Topic: RE: Spokane WLS Support Group Meeting
Thank you! I am so looking forward to seeing everyone!
Renee'

Thankful for another chance to get it right!
High//Current/Goal
305/209/145
updated: 1/9/11   
curiousasacat
on 1/10/10 7:27 am - WA
Topic: RE: North West WLS Support Group Update
Belay that last reply---plastic surgeon.... count me in.... Just tell me where and when (weekends preferably) weekdays evenings (but depends on my schoolwork, though) Kelly
Most Active