Recent Posts

pam H.
on 1/13/10 6:02 am - Renton, WA
Topic: RE: My Story on Getting Approved for WLS w/ Medicaid
Debbie, I just read your profile. I hope and pray that you can have your surgery this year. Way to go for hanging in there, and filing the appeal! Hang in there. I am confident that you will be successful.  It is worth all the struggles you have been through! Keep us posted and let us know if you need anything along the way.

Debbie D.
on 1/12/10 10:09 pm - Chelan, WA
Topic: My Story on Getting Approved for WLS w/ Medicaid
I am really not too good with posting on here much due to time and not having a good computer.  But I have posted much about my story over time with medicaid under my profile to try and help those who like me in the beginning was getting absolutely no where.  Especially when on my first PCP I started with had no idea how to contact them correctly or write a letter and send records (she just sent a 3 sentence note and no records).  We waited forever and wondered why there was no responce until I found out what she did when she gave me a copy months later. 

Anyway, I have been through quite a process.  I hope my story will help and give an idea.  Keep in mind it will take time and to never give up!  I am still in the process but the ball is rolling!  Best wishes to you all!!!

Hugs,

Debbie  
Kathy P.
on 1/12/10 3:01 pm - Port Orchard, WA
Topic: RE: Meeting new people

Hi there! Not doing pathways, had Group Health, but wanted to wish you luck on your surgery! You mention Navy Hospital, so I'm assuming you are a Kitsap person!

Good luck,
Take Care,
Hugs,
Kathy

Every morning in Africa, a gazelle wakes up.
It knows it must outrun the fastest lion or it will be killed.
Every morning in
Africa, a lion wakes up.
It knows that it must run faster than the slowest gazelle, or it will starve.
It doesn't matter whether you're a lion or a gazelle
when the sun comes up you'd better be running.

RNY 2/9/09  Buh bye Gallbladder 8/28/09; 100% EWL (181 lbs.) on 2/19/10;
curiousasacat
on 1/12/10 9:37 am - WA
Topic: RE: I do not believe this!!
Thanks.... I'm proud of him.   Kelly
najforsell
on 1/12/10 5:34 am, edited 2/11/10 3:21 am
Topic: Lapband Support Group Federal Way

St. Francis Center for Weight Management is pleased to announce that we will be starting a new lapband only support group.

Where:   St. Francis Center for Weight Management

34509 9th Ave South   Suite 310        Federal Way, Wa.

When:   The 4th Tuesday of each month from 5-6pm

Next Meeting February 23rd 5-6PM 

These meetings will be facilitated by a Registered Dietician.

Come join us 

Call for questions   253-944-6544

S.A.R.A.
on 1/11/10 12:01 pm - Tacoma, WA
Topic: RE: century club
Gratzie to You!!!! You have been doing so good! Miss you lets get together for coffee or Tea... my schedule is pretty flexible.

Call me!

~~ Michelle
~M

You must do the thing which you think you cannot do.
~~Eleanor Roosevelt

NavyWife09
on 1/11/10 11:36 am
 Hi! Im actually doning my pathways at the Naval Hosp. I have just a couple of more classes... I THOUGHT i wanted the band BUT the more I read and read the more Im not wanting it... Im still on the fence about which one I want but at least I know which one I dont want..lol...
Cathy R.
on 1/11/10 8:08 am - yelm, WA
Hi there!

I've just finished my pathway section and now have an appointment to see the surgeon next week.  My seminar was in July but now I've heard the list is getting through faster.  I don't know about removing yourself from the list, I would not worry about it.  They seem to be on top of where everyone is in the process.  Unless the surgeon convinces me otherwise, I'm interested in having the VSG, I see you are wanting the band.  Good luck to you and I'll be looking for your posts on progress.
Cathy R    
curiousasacat
on 1/11/10 6:35 am - WA
Topic: RE: Xpost Excessive skin(how much is too much) Plastic surgery?
Thanks---I had several replies in the RNY forum and the Main forum --- it's a real eye-opener.  Kelly
NavyWife09
on 1/11/10 6:23 am
Topic: Meeting new people
 Hello!! Im just wanting to meet people who are going through or has gone through the pathways at either at MAMC or at the Naval Hospital!! Also Im opening for any great tips!! :) Thanks!!
Most Active