Recent Posts

Awterpop
on 1/17/10 11:44 am
Topic: RE: My Mom passed away... warning...LONG
Helen

I am so sad to hear about your mom.  I pray that God will wrap his loving arms around you and your family during this time and give you the strength and comfort you need.

Just remember that yes your mom was very proud of your weight loss,  but she was also very proud of YOU! 
Cindy       
jcheryld
on 1/17/10 10:52 am
Topic: RE: My Mom passed away... warning...LONG
Helen,
I am very sorry to hear of your loss. My prayers are with you and your loved ones during this difficult time. I'm glad you got to be with your Mom during her last moments, and I'm sure you'll carry her with you in your heart. Continued success to you as you remained focus on your healthy eating and continued success.
Pregnancy%20ticker
Make a pregnancy ticker  

Hit goal 10/31/09!  RNY!!!

Helen_Anne
on 1/17/10 10:24 am - Bremerton, WA
Topic: My Mom passed away... warning...LONG
Some of you may already know this... since I posted on Facebook a couple of days ago.

Mom was diagnosed with Lung Cancer last summer... and at the time we were told that she would probably have about 1 to 2 years.

What we did not know at the time... my Mom genetics were working against her... my Mom's body was a blood clots manufactoring machine.  We found out she had Cancer because the doctors found blood clots in her lungs... along with the cancer.

While the chemo treatments made her tired ... and confused at times....it did keep the cancer from growing.

On Christmas Eve... we found out that she had a 6 to 8 inch blood clot in her left leg... after a few days in the hospital... and a new anti coagulation drug... we hoped that her body would stop creating blood clots. 

We had a great time on Jan 2 with the whole family celebrating Christmas.

On Wed Jan 6th... My Mom had fallen 3 times within 24 hours... the last time she had shortness of breath and had to go the Emergency room.  We found that we had developed a blood clot in her lung... and within 12 hours she had another one.  To make matters worse... her lungs begining to fill up with fluid. We did not know at the time if the fluid was blood or other fluid... it turned out to be blood.  Because of her blood clotting  and bleeding issues... she could not not have any more anti coagulation drugs.... thus she was sent home from the hospital on Hospice with comfort measures only.

We brought her home she was talking and was still eating... but by the next morning she was non responsive and the hospice nurse said that she was in pain... so we started to give her morphine and lorazpam to keep her comfortable. 

Last Wednesday, my brother and I spent all night with her... I can tell you it was hard to hear her struggle to breathe.  By Thurs morning... her breathing seemed better... her husband woke up about 8:15 am... and went over and held held her hand...told her he loved her... and within 20 she passed away.  Thankfully the whole family was with her.

My eating has been a bit crazy this past week.... thankfully I am home now.  I had my husband take away all of his sugary and other non weight loss  friendly foods out of the house.  I am going back to basics... protein first, veggies next and only complex carbohydrates.  Drinking at least 64 oz of water.  I know that I am really at risk to go back to my old ways of eating... so I making the committment to going back to writing down my food... and also looking into getting into some grief therapy.

I have not lost all this weight to gain it all back!!!!  My Mom was very proud of my weight loss.

Thank you to everyone here...

Helen

Consult W/Surgery W/Revision W/Goal W
332.5/302.6/231/200

jlph62
on 1/17/10 2:57 am - Olympia, WA
Topic: Olympia GHC Support Group
Hi
I am finally going to have surgery on February 1st.  This will be the 3rd time I have been scheduled.  I was wondering how many people are at the group health support group in Olympia and if it is a good group.  I haven't attended because I have been so up in the air about what was going to happen with my surgery.  thanks for any info.
Joanne
Beebear
on 1/17/10 1:33 am - Seattle, WA
Topic: RE: Calling ANY Dr. Chebli Patients - HELP ME!!
Hi!

My sister just had the gastric sleeve with Dr. Chebil.  She had some huge complications but Dr. Chebil was there every step of the way.  I think he's fantastic and also extremely compassionate.  I would definately give him a try.

Good luck!

Nancy

Everything is alright in the end.  If it's not alright, it's not the end.

- My mom

Diamonds-r-4ever
on 1/16/10 1:55 am - Winlock, WA
Topic: Can I go to MAMC
Hi to all, I am new to this board. I had my surgery in Arizona last of April. I have lost 85#. WE now live in Winlock and I am a wife of Retired Army. Can I go to Madigan since the only Surgeon I know of is in Auburn? I need to have my blood levels done and I think I may have stretched my pouch. I have been at the same weight since October. I know you have stalls but for 3and a half months.
There are not any support groups in this area. Can any one give  me info on this? Thanks for reading.

Wanda T

vitalady
on 1/15/10 1:00 pm - Puyallup, WA
RNY on 10/05/94
Topic: RE: Support Groups in Puyallup
Not at the library and yes it was, but I was out all day. Sorry.

The library ones are the last Monday? 4th Monday?

Mine are 2nd Tuesday, not far from Costco, or 1.5 mi from the library.

Michelle
RNY, distal, 10/5/94 

P.S.  My year + long absence has NOTHING to do with my WLS, or my type of WLS. See my profile.

millikan01
on 1/15/10 7:05 am
Topic: Calling ANY Dr. Chebli Patients - HELP ME!!
SO..I moved to WA and I need to find a surgeon for post op care.  I had a roux en y lap bypass in Sept 08, but now I am having problems with vitamin absorption..not to mention the weight loss has STOPPED.  I REFUSE to give up here because I am technically still obese at this point.  Has anyone had to have a revision with Dr. Chebli or did he do your original surgery? What did you think of him?  I am scared that I may have to have a revision for some reason or another; I am trying to see a good doctor who can help me.  Of course, I am going to have to fax my paperwork to him in order for him to review my surgeon's operative notes and see if he can take me - hopefully he will.  I went to a doctor in Bellevue today and he said 'Well, honestly you may be done losing and this may be it' Umm....I didnt take that too well, and I don't think its true.  I went from 344.4 to currently 216.2, which is great....but I still need to drop at least another 35-40lbs to put me out of the 'dangerous obese' category.  ANY comments on Dr. Chebli (particularly if you are in the same situation with me and he wasn't your original surgeon, or if he did a revision for you) would be appreciated!!!

Thanks!
RNY 9/24/08
Surgery Weight - 344.4 
Revision to DS 9/22/10
Surgery Weight - 231.0 
Plastics 4/14/11 
Surgery Weight - 211.0
Current Weight - 179.8
Goal Weight - 160.0
I am staring at Ambition, shaking hands with Success, and smiling at Determination - What are YOU doing? *smirk*

"They ON IT cause they WANT IT!"

thisbe777
on 1/14/10 11:04 am
Topic: RE: WA State residents WLS Cruise possibly??
as nice as that sounds, i am a poor, unemployed college student, so a cruise would be out of the question for me for at least another year and a half....   or until i have a job....  

jeris

To live would be an awfully big adventure -- Peter Pan

NavyWife09
on 1/14/10 5:46 am
Topic: RE: Meeting new people
 Hi. I havent been yet, but Im going this coming up Tuesday. I heard they where great from a lady in my class. So I cant wait!!! So if you are there then Ill see you then!! :)
Most Active