Recent Posts

PinkFlamingoes
on 1/18/10 7:06 am, edited 1/18/10 7:07 am - Buckley, WA
Topic: RE: My Mom passed away... warning...LONG
Helen , I did see the post on FB & responded . I feel so bad for you . I lost my Mom 4-08-09 to Emphasema . My Mom was very sick all last winter & never got better . She also was on blood thinners & fell many times . After her 4th hospitalization in less than 4 months I (being her Power of Attorney) had to make the decision to allow her to peacefully pass . It wasn't a quick process & i'm dealing with a whole myriad of feelings . After many years of illness & a quality of life that was poor , she is at peace at last . I will eventually come to terms with my feelings . But , I will always miss  her . My Mom too , was my biggest cheerleader . I think Grief therapy is a great idea , Helen . you're in my thoughts .

PS - don't let people tell you what is a "normal" amount of time to grieve &/or tell you "it's time to move on with life" . There is no book with a magic number on normalcy where grieving is concerned . We are all different & no one knows how you are feeling , except you . After only 9 months , I have actually had a couple of people say these things to me . And I have not been wallowing in self pity at all . People can be very strange & judgmental . Kathy

dewy3
on 1/18/10 4:43 am - Rochester, WA
Topic: RE: Olympia GHC Support Group
I have been attending the GHC support group in Olympia since last January.  I had my RNY on April 20th.  The GHC group is great.  Cathy the leader has a lot of insight and can help with questions and/or concerns.  I have made some really great friendship there.  Good luck on your surgery on Feb 1st.  Please feel free to email me at [email protected] anytime.

Cherryl

Udamnskippy
on 1/18/10 4:07 am - Port Orchard, WA
Helen, My deepest sympathy to you and your family.My Dad pretty much had gone the same path as your Mom. It gets to a point that you feel helpless because there is nothing to stop the illness.... preparedness is all there is to do. Be strong.... My Mom is 94 so... I need to prepare myself one more time in the future.     Steve
Steve          
Nicki H.
on 1/18/10 2:55 am - WA
Lap Band on 08/12/08 with
Topic: Heard from Amy?
Just wondering if anyone has heard from Amy Mauer?  She used to be on here a lot and on facebook....she was my friend on both, now I can't find her.  Someone else was also wondering???

I delivered 6 weeks early a 5lb 15oz lil boy:)  After spending 2 months on bed rest in the hospital and Mason spending 11 days in the NICU, we're both home and doing great!  Mason is getting bigger and gaining weight like he should.  Now it's my turn to lose this weight!  It's tough to get back on the band wagon...I CAN do this!

Nicki H.
on 1/18/10 2:50 am - WA
Lap Band on 08/12/08 with
Topic: RE: Lapband Support Group Federal Way
YIPPIE!!!!  Thanks for posting!

I delivered 6 weeks early a 5lb 15oz lil boy:)  After spending 2 months on bed rest in the hospital and Mason spending 11 days in the NICU, we're both home and doing great!  Mason is getting bigger and gaining weight like he should.  Now it's my turn to lose this weight!  It's tough to get back on the band wagon...I CAN do this!

netta
on 1/17/10 3:15 pm
Topic: RE: New to the WA board--MAMC patient
hi
welcome to the group
Try the weight loss surgery support group on Ft Lewis,,we are not at Madigan, no one is being paid to be there, we meet at the ACS Building on ft lewis,across the street from Waller Hall, down the street from the bowling alley.
People just like me that have had their surgery at Madigan and we are there to help each other,,please come ,we alll went thru the pathway, and we want to help you thru your journey,
I had Dr martin 2 1/2 years ago and a tummmy tuck 1 1/2 years ago,,so far I have lost 175lbs
WOW!!!!!!!!!!
we meet on thursdays 5-7 pm,
if you have any questions pleaase email me and I will give you my #,,my name is Redd,I go to tuesdays group at madigan to hand out fliers for our thursday group,,and I like to **** off the dietician,,for now I am underweight,
Please come

REDD

netta
on 1/17/10 3:07 pm, edited 1/13/15 6:06 pm
Topic: JBLM weight loss surgery supprt group

hey ev1
There is a weight loss surgery support group on Ft Lewis,, we meet every thursday, at the AFCS Building on Liggett Ave, down the street from the bowling alley across from Waller Hall,it is open to anyone that can get on base
It is ran by people who want to help others,we have had or thinking about the weight loss surgeries,most of us are from Madigan and are military related.

Patients now get credit for the additional surgeries after you lose the weight,for tummy tucks,breasts lifts,bat wings removed,you must attend 1 meeting bi-monthly,or more if you wish,We are the only group besides the meeting at Madigan for which you get the credit for the additional surgeries,I work with general surgery and the Pathway people,
So Please come ,
We do clothing exchanges/potlucks,,protein parties and exchanges,
try this different type of group
REMEMBER THURSDAY 5-7PM
AFCS BUILDING ON FT.LEWIS >>>the building is where you get WIC

Thank you,Redd

REDD

netta
on 1/17/10 3:00 pm
Topic: RE: Can I go to MAMC
Hi Wanda,only military related people can go to Madigan,,If you can get on base,,there is a great support group at Ft Lewis, we meet every thursday at the ACS ( army community services) on Liggett Ave,,down the street from the bowling alley,thursdays  from 5-7 pm,no one is being paid to be there ,it is sponsered with peopl elike you that have had the surgeries or are in the process of it,,we want to help each other thru the process,we have clothing exchanges and potlucks too,you support person is welcomed to come also,no minors though, please come
if you contact me by email, I will give you my phone number for further info
Hope this helps

REDD

Kathy P.
on 1/17/10 2:11 pm - Port Orchard, WA
Helen,
    My deepest condolencses, thoughts, and prayers. Very sorry for your loss. We just lost my DH's mother on the 15th. Mom's, I truly believe, are always watching over us!

Take care,
Hugs,
Kathy
Every morning in Africa, a gazelle wakes up.
It knows it must outrun the fastest lion or it will be killed.
Every morning in
Africa, a lion wakes up.
It knows that it must run faster than the slowest gazelle, or it will starve.
It doesn't matter whether you're a lion or a gazelle
when the sun comes up you'd better be running.

RNY 2/9/09  Buh bye Gallbladder 8/28/09; 100% EWL (181 lbs.) on 2/19/10;
beautifully_broken27
on 1/17/10 1:23 pm
Hey Helen,

I have been worried about you.  I heard your mom was ill, I am so sorry she passed.  I am confident she is in a better place.  Take very good care of yourself!  If you need anything let me know.  I miss you and am thinking about you everyday. 

Love, Emily
Most Active