Recent Posts

angi1524
on 1/19/10 1:48 am
Topic: RE: Can I go to MAMC

Hi Wanda!

If you are still covered under Tricare you should contact them to see if you can see a doctor here at MAMC. I had surgery in May and I have also stalled for a month so far. I know the reason is because I have not made the right food choices and stopped exercising. But if you really think that you stretched your pouch you should speak to someone. The support groups are wonderful here on post. I would really try to go to one. Take care!

Angie

curiousasacat
on 1/18/10 11:09 pm - WA
thisbe777
on 1/18/10 9:27 pm
Topic: RE: My Mom passed away... warning...LONG
i'm so sorry for your loss - i know your mom is watching and still cheering for you!

be well

jeris

To live would be an awfully big adventure -- Peter Pan

thisbe777
on 1/18/10 9:23 pm
Topic: RE: Pls say a little prayer for me
hoping for an unvenful surgery and a speedy recovery ~~~

we'll see you on the loser's bench!! 

jeris

To live would be an awfully big adventure -- Peter Pan

VickiStevens
on 1/18/10 2:07 pm - Tacoma, WA
Topic: RE: Xpost Excessive skin(how much is too much) Plastic surgery?
The decision is totally up to you Kelly.  That said, I can tell you that I have "good skin" and I still needed a tummy tuck.  I got the tummy tuck about three years ago, which was four years post-op.  And, I am scheduled for a thigh lift this Wednesday. 

Whether or not to have the skin removed is a very personal choice.  If you are at goal and have been there for at least 6-12 months and you are unhappy with your loose skin, consult a plastic surgeon.  You can talk to him/her and then make an informed decision on what is right for you.

Good luck!
Vicki
Starting weight: 240 Current weight: 130
VickiStevens
on 1/18/10 2:00 pm - Tacoma, WA
Topic: RE: Pls say a little prayer for me
Congratulations on your decision to take control of your life and health.  What an awesome decision!  And yes, a very, very scary decision too.  Have faith in your doctor and your medical team. 

Take care and good luck.
Vicki
VickiStevens
on 1/18/10 1:57 pm - Tacoma, WA
Helen,

I am so sorry for your loss.  I, unfurtunately, can relate to your story.  My brother was diagnosed with lung cancer in October 08 - he passed away June 5, 2009.  Additionally, my Mom was diagnosed with pancreatic cancer in December 08 - she passed away October 29, 2009.

Cancer is a horrible disease and there is no greater pain than watching your loved one die from this horrible illness.  Please take comfort in the fact that you did everything that you could.  Even when "everything" meant being with your Mom and allowing her to pass away with the least amount of pain possible.

I will keep you and your family in my thoughts.
Vicki
PinkFlamingoes
on 1/18/10 1:41 pm - Buckley, WA

Any time you need a shoulder , know that I understand . I was with my Mom when she passed . It is not something that I ever thought I could do . But , When it's your Mom , somehow you find the strength .

I have at times turned to food in my grief . Old habits creap back in . I try to have lots of fresh fruit , lunchmeat & cheese available . I've eaten 2 oranges this evening . But , that's better than a lot of things I could have eaten & have . It's a challenge , but one i'm tough enough to keep a handle on . I'm confindent you are too .

Helen_Anne
on 1/18/10 1:10 pm - Bremerton, WA
Thank you Queenie...

Helen

Consult W/Surgery W/Revision W/Goal W
332.5/302.6/231/200

Helen_Anne
on 1/18/10 1:09 pm - Bremerton, WA
Kathy...

Thank you for your kind advise.... I can definately can relate to the "peace at last" .  My Mom has not been herself this past year.. and the cancer diagnosis accellerated her Anxiety disorder.  It was hard to see my Mom live in a state of confusion and anxiety.  I am gratefull that I was able to be with her at the end. And was availible to come and help her when she had her panic attacks.

My food today has been the best its been in weeks... I am SO thankful... I am so worried that I am going to eat my way through my grief.  I called the King County Grief center today... and they are mailing me some info about grief counciling and support groups.

My mom was one of my cheerleaders... I know she is looking down on me wanting me to stay successful!

Helen

Consult W/Surgery W/Revision W/Goal W
332.5/302.6/231/200

Most Active