Recent Posts

Mrs-stick
on 1/25/10 1:38 pm - Orting, WA
Topic: RE: Regence through Boeing??
Hi there, It is my hubby that works there. He is in the Renton plant.  am just starting this month and was told by Regence that I have to do the Nine month Dr and dietitian.  Seems like a very Long time but I will do it. If you have any hints or tips on working with them that  would be so very much appreciated. Were they hard to work with? And eve more than all that....How are you? Are you doing well with all of this? I would love to hear everything! This is one of those things you feel kinda lonely doing. ~Diane
PinkFlamingoes
on 1/25/10 1:33 pm - Buckley, WA
Topic: RE: I'm in the Jan/feb OH magazine
Thanks Denise .

KarrieMassotti
on 1/25/10 12:04 pm - Kent, WA
I just got approval for my surgery 100% covered on first atempt.

Biggest hurdle is your friend will need 6 months of medically supervised weight loss with a nationally recogonized program (they allowed weigh****chers for me).  These can't be regular appointments where they disucss weight, the appointments must be for the purpose of weight loss only. 

Other than that, they will need a psycological eval to make sure they are ready for the surgery and they will need to have some co-morbid diseases like high blood pressure, sleep apnea etc. 

You can call Regence and they will send you the details of what is required.   They sent it to me and then I started my 6 months of weight loss with my dr and then had to call back and get it all again and they sent it to me again no problem.

Best wishes.

Debbie D.
on 1/25/10 10:01 am - Chelan, WA
Topic: RE: I'm in the Jan/feb OH magazine
Hi Kathy,

Good for you!!!  Way to go!!!  I have to give you a big applause because I remember you awhile back before you had surgery.  I haven't been on here for a long while and I am back and am amazed at you!  You had you surgery and look at you now girl!!!  You look wonderful!!!  This is WAY exciting for you. 

Do you remember me by chance?  It has been a long time.  You became my friend a few years back.  Before you became PinkFlamingos even!  You know, I wouldn't have even recognized you if it wasn't for the PinkFlamingos name.  LOL. 
Congratulations Kathy.  I am so very proud of you!!!  

Hugs,

Debbie
Debbie D.
on 1/25/10 9:26 am - Chelan, WA
Topic: My Story w/ Medicaid - Update
Hi Everyone!

Just wanted to let everyone know that I have a update posted on my profile.  For those of you who haven't read my profile, I have had a long journey trying to get approval through medicaid.  I just want to put my story out there and let others know not to give up on there dream to be healthy and thin.  Don't give up on your life!  Please read my profile or my lastest post (dated ~1/24/2010~) for those of you who are following me. 
Thanks for your support.  You sure have mine in return!   

Hugs,  

Debbie
Pam M.
on 1/25/10 9:10 am - WA
Topic: RE: Dr. Alperovich, Thien Nguyen & Jeffrey Hunter patients HELP ME OUT!!!!
I think Dr. Lauter is top notch, why did you think he was a "joke?" He is highly respected and skilled in laparoscopic surgery. As a matter of fact, Dr. Alperovich did my original lap band, and when 'valley closed their bariatric center 3 weeks after my surgery, I found Dr. Lauter. Wish I had gone to him originally.

To each his own, I guess.

~My story on my revision to RNY from the lap-band is in my profile~

Pam M.
on 1/25/10 9:07 am - WA
I had my lap-band surgery covered 100% by Regence Traditional, and my revision to RNY was 100% covered. I was approved on the first try with both surgeries. I had complications with my band, so maybe that helped.

~My story on my revision to RNY from the lap-band is in my profile~

Christine Jeffers
on 1/25/10 7:14 am - Renton, WA
Topic: RE: North West WLS Support Group Update

I would love to be involved in a support group however you set it up. I do like the idea of the phone and in person but any I would like. And, for the plastic surgeon, count me in. I am so flabby everywhere it seems. And I need help on how much protein to take in each day to continue weightloss, I just gained 5 pounds and I am freaking out. I started out at 280 and was down to 150 but just in the last month I have gained 5 pounds so I am up to 155. So, any help with this, I would love.

Thank you,

Christine Jeffers

Christine Jeffers
on 1/25/10 6:59 am - Renton, WA
I actually had bypass surgery using Boeing traditional in March 08. I know things have changed a little but I was covered 100%, I just had to pay 400.00 for the support groups. What Boeing do you work for? I work at the Auburn plant. I also want to find a support group since my bariatric unit shut down about 6 mths after my surgery.
Charlotte Maier
on 1/25/10 3:40 am - Belfair, WA
Topic: RE: revision
Hi

Thank you for the information. I will do that if things do not go my way with the insurance.  Thanks again.  Charlotte
Most Active