Recent Posts

Debbie D.
on 1/26/10 4:38 am - Chelan, WA
Topic: RE: Gastric bypass surgery can be very lonely
Hi there,

I too am looking for support and would support in the same way.  I have been wanting surgery since 2005.  I have been through you-know-what trying to get approve.  I am on medicaid and lately have two post on the message board just trying to get my story out there for those who have a hard time with medicaid as well.  I don't want to see people give up on their dreams.

Support is so needed.  I would love to have more friends as well and be there to in return for those too.  Friend request welcome here too.

Debbie
wdp1015
on 1/25/10 7:09 pm
Topic: RE: Dr. Griffin- plastics in Tacoma- anyone familiar?
My mother had a breast reduction with him and was very pleased with the results.  I also got the chance to meet him and he was very compassionate and caring.
Debbie D.
on 1/25/10 3:01 pm - Chelan, WA
Topic: RE: I'm in the Jan/feb OH magazine
Ya, I know we were on each others friends list as well.  I believe I have lost some and I never have deleted any.  Don't know why either.

Sorry to hear about your parents.  I believe they watch over us and know.  At least your mom was here to see and you two were able to share your sucess together.

Thanks for your support.  Everyone needs support.  I love that about OH.  I sent you a friend request.  Take care and stay in touch.  I will do the same.  Email anytime too from my profile.  Good night Kathy.

Hugs,

Deb 
PinkFlamingoes
on 1/25/10 2:52 pm - Buckley, WA
I know you used to be on my friends list & I didn't delete you . I don't know what happened . I know what you mean about your Grandpa . My Dad passed away when I was at my heaviest . I just have to believe he is happy about it now . My Mom , who passed away in April got to see my weight loss . She was my biggest cheerleader . I'm glad you're sticking it out . I'm sure it will help others to see the path you've gone down . And that persistance pays off .  Kathy

Debbie D.
on 1/25/10 2:29 pm - Chelan, WA
I just made a comment on one of your pictures a few minutes ago...LOL!  I believe you are still on my friend list.  I will have remember to look.  Funny, because I didn't see that I was on yours, but I thought you were on mine.  You would think we would be on both.  But like I said, I will have to look on mine.

Yes, I am still trying to get surgery.  You can view my whole long story about it on my profile.  It has been a very long process for me but progress is finally being made. 

I have lost 63 lbs on my own.  Trying to show the state, doctors, etc. that I can do this.  I have yo-yo-ed a bit here and there but for the most part have done farely well.  I have had to show that I can make a change to be able to handle changes that need to be made with the surgery.  I can do this.  I want this.  I need this.  I don't want the diabetes that runs in my family.  It has made it harder for me since I don't have it to get the approval I need for the first stage with having medicaid.  I had to appeal their denial.  I have a advocate helping me now.  I have also had to take so much in my own hands to get this process going in the right direction.  It has been very difficult.  Ya know, my poor Grandpa had always wanted to see me get this weight off.  He was hoping to live to see that day.  It is too bad that insurance companies have to make it so difficult for people.  I have seen in the past on here people dying as they have waited to be approved for surgery.  It shouldn't have to be like that.  I wish I was smart enough and had the power to change that.  It is just wrong.  I pray that it can be better someday.

I have recently done two post on here trying to put my story with medicaid on here to try and help support others and maybe help them with what I have been through.  I hope it helps.  It is hard to do this and not know what or how.  

Debbie 
PinkFlamingoes
on 1/25/10 2:08 pm - Buckley, WA

I guess my memory isn't that bad after all . lol . I'm glad you haven't given up . I was lucky , even though my insurance wouldn't pay (they do now) , I was able to take out a home equity loan . Hopefully I will be able to pay it off after I sell my Moms house .

I believe they are advertising a special on OH magazine subscriptions for $9.95 . I appreciate your support & kind words . I do feel a lot better . I do need knee surgery , which is a bummer . But , at least it's not surgery for an illness or something like that .

Are you still pursuing surgery ? I'm so glad you didn't just give up . It's disheartening when you see others achieving what you really want . I don't know why insurance companies don't see that in the long run they would be better off paying for WLS . Kathy

Mrs-stick
on 1/25/10 2:02 pm - Orting, WA
Topic: Gastric bypass surgery can be very lonely
Just wondering if there is anyone that might want to make a friend and help me walk through this?Maybe like a mentor. Or someone that is working there way through it right now. I am just starting and am a bit overwhelmed and frightened. Just thought I would ask.
Debbie D.
on 1/25/10 1:56 pm - Chelan, WA
That's me!!!  And two girls with sorta 3 step sons.  Thanks for remembering. 

I stepped out of the scene for awhile on OH.  It was hard to see everyone getting their surgeries while I could only dream of it and not get anywhere.  Then receive denial letters.  I just wasn't getting anywhere and was just down about it but I didn't give up.  I now want to show others to not give up and that you must stick to it.  I remember chatting with people on here and them giving up because of the tough battle with the state.  If I can just help others to not give up, it helps me to also keep going as well.

I am so happy for you and your sucess with your surgery and weight loss.  You look great!  I bet you feel awesome!  I remember your before picture you use to have on here.  You just look great.  I can't tell you enough.  What a great story.  How do you get this OH magazine?

Deb
Mrs-stick
on 1/25/10 1:52 pm - Orting, WA
Topic: RE: Regence through Boeing??
Hi Pam,
Wow two surgeries. How are you doing now? I am just staring so any advice you might have I would love!!
PinkFlamingoes
on 1/25/10 1:41 pm - Buckley, WA

Thanks Debbie . Wasn't your old avatar kind of a female indian  ? And your Grandpa passed away in Las Vegas ? And didn't you have a really supportive boyfriend & two or three kids ? If some or all of that isn't you i'm sorry . I suck at recall sometimes . I do remember you though  . I'm sure . I just may need reminding . lol .

Most Active