Recent Posts

Mrs-stick
on 1/26/10 11:56 am - Orting, WA
Topic: RE: Regence through Boeing??
Hi Kerri,
Wow how very exciting!! Do you have anyone to take care of you?How many Dr visits did you have to have. My huddy is with SPEEA union. So I have to have the dietitian appts. I called Regence they were very nice. Also they have answered some questions on line. My Dr is Dr Alperovich, I would really love if you could tell me any hints or tips you did. Thank you soooo much Kerri
PinkFlamingoes
on 1/26/10 11:47 am - Buckley, WA
Topic: RE: I'm in the Jan/feb OH magazine

I haven't really been on OH , today ,  except to correspond with you .

I have a friend who always sees birds when loved ones pass . The day my Mom passed , when I drove up , my Hyacinth were blooming & were so fragrant . At 3:30 am . & when my uncle dove in his driveway , in packwood , the Trilliums that my Mom gave him were in full bloom . My Mom was really into gardening , so it was appropriate that these flowers were blooming . I don't remember anything weird when my Dad passed , except he was always talking to me in my dreams . He is still in a lot of my dreams & it's been almost 12 years ..

KarrieMassotti
on 1/26/10 11:04 am, edited 1/26/10 11:14 am - Kent, WA
Topic: New Group for South King / North Pierce County
I am pretty new to this site and so I  was browsing groups to join and was surprised that there was not a group for South Puget Sounders.  

There were a lot for North Puget Sound or Eastside but none for those in Burien, Kent, Federal Way, Renton, Tukwila, Tacoma, Fife, Milton etc...    so I started one.

Please join the group so we can support each other and make local connections.

http://www.obesityhelp.com/group/SPS

Debbie D.
on 1/26/10 10:40 am - Chelan, WA
Wow Kathy...funny thing happened to us after my Grandpa passed during his visit to Vegas.  My Aunt and Uncle lives there and after he had passed, a bird would come everyday and sit in this tree for most of the day looking in the big window to their living room at us.  We all felt that bird had something to do with my Grandpa.  That bird would sit there for hours everyday looking in at us.  It was something else!  

Butterflies are another thing too!

I too am glad to be in contact with you.  Did you see my other post on the board from today?  WLS - Any Regrets or No Regrets?

PinkFlamingoes
on 1/26/10 9:57 am - Buckley, WA
Debbie , I have some unconventional beliefs about people we have lost . They were aquired out of odd experiences I have at times . The morning my Mom passed away I was on my way home @ 3:30 am , going uphill on the highway . Ay 3:30am a white bird flew over my car swooping close to my car . It wasn't a coincidence . They still love us & watch over us . We feel so lost because we can't reach out physically , or call them on the telephone . I'm glad that in the last months of my Moms life I was able to tell her many times how much I loved her . She knew it lready , but it's nice to hear . I didn't get that with my Dad , who passed suddenly . Bu, he knew I loved him dearly . I'm confident in that knowledge . It's good to have contact with you again . Kathy

KarrieMassotti
on 1/26/10 9:56 am - Kent, WA
Topic: RE: Regence through Boeing??
I haven't had surgey yet.  I will have it in about 5 weeks.  Getting excited though.

Just be sure he is really clear with his primary doctor of what he is trying to doand get thier support through this.    Be sure the office knows the purpose of the appoinement is for that purpose only and be sure they weigh him all along the way at each visit. 

Is he hourly?  I am non-union so I didn't have to do the nutritionist thing, his may be a little different even though both Boeing Trad insurance.  

It was really pretty painless.    Dr. Oh is the surgen I am using and his office knew exactly what to fill out for paperwork and send it in.   Actually my primary doctor tried to submit it and the insurance actually called me saying it would probally be rejected and suggesting I have the bariatric surgen submit it instead becasue they are experts in that and so I did just that and got approved right away. 

Debbie D.
on 1/26/10 9:13 am - Chelan, WA
Topic: WLS - Any Regrets or No Regrets
Hi...

My dietitian told me today that she has one client that was over 400 lbs and regrets having the surgery.  She has even lost her teeth.  She told me the surgery may be fine for me but that I should ask others on here what they went through and if anyone has any regrets or no regrets.  Also, would like to know how long it has been since you had the surgery and what type.

Thanks for you input!!!

Debbie
Debbie D.
on 1/26/10 8:27 am - Chelan, WA
Topic: RE: Support Groups
Grand Coulee huh?  My honey is a freight truck driver and occationally makes deliveries to there.  I have been through there myself as well.  Well at least now I know thanks to you that there is a support group in Moses Lake, but it is a couple of hours or more.  Haven't been there yet.  Thanks for responding!!!

coreym
on 1/26/10 6:22 am - Grand Coulee, WA
Topic: RE: Support Groups
I wish there were more central WA support groups! The only one I know of that's remotely nearby is Moses Lake, but I think that's a couple of hours for you. I'm in Grand Coulee (aka No-Man's Land!) and I don't think there's anything close to me either.

Includes 29 pounds lost pre-op 
Debbie D.
on 1/26/10 4:47 am - Chelan, WA
Topic: Support Groups
Are there any support groups in the Wenatchee area or somewhere nearby?

A few years ago, there was a support group in Wenatchee/ Cashmere area.  That stop awhile back.  I never got to go.  Now I am getting closer to have the surgery. 

It would be nice to have a support group to go to.

Most Active