Recent Posts

Pam M.
on 1/27/10 1:52 pm - WA
Topic: RE: Regence through Boeing??
Yes, Dr. Alperovich had a woman working for him who dealt directly with insurance. Anytime she needed anything from me, she would call me. I didn't know that I was approved, though, until I got the letter from Regence. When Dr. Lauter submitted my paperwork to insurance for the revision, I got a telephone call from them when the approval came through. I didn't have to wait for the letter from Regence.

Dr.Alperovich is a bit quiet, but I didn't have any negative experience with him. It is my understanding that he too was blindsided when Valley closed the bariatric clinic. I just happen to click with Dr. Lauter better.

Good luck on your approval!

~My story on my revision to RNY from the lap-band is in my profile~

KarrieMassotti
on 1/27/10 1:16 pm - Kent, WA
Topic: RE: New Group for South King / North Pierce County
Thanks Debbie.    You should start one?   They don't have to be in person, they can be online presence only with occasional oppertunity to meet face to face.
Discount code for OH Conference MassottiWA11
OH Support group leader.  Check out our group: http://www.obesityhelp.com/group/SPS/

KarrieMassotti
on 1/27/10 1:12 pm - Kent, WA
I asked my insurance company to make sure that I was following thier guidelines.    Just be sure to use your doctor for final paperwork becasue they will know how to make the case that it is medically necessary and not cosmetic only.
Discount code for OH Conference MassottiWA11
OH Support group leader.  Check out our group: http://www.obesityhelp.com/group/SPS/

Mrs-stick
on 1/27/10 12:53 pm - Orting, WA
So not good you had to go through that. My visit with Dr Alperovich went very well and I liked him. Though it seems odd to me that they haven't called me to see how things are going or to see if I had any questions. Did they know what they were dong when they submitted your info to the Ins co?
Mrs-stick
on 1/27/10 12:42 pm - Orting, WA
Debbie,
I feel so much for you and admire you. This has been a long trip for you. And I am sure sometimes it seems out of grasp. But you just keep jumping through those hoops! I will support you in any way I can!  I am so very sorry you have to go through this mess because of your medical insurance.
Mrs-stick
on 1/27/10 12:33 pm - Orting, WA
This is very great information!! Did you call regence and ask how many visets you would have to have with your DR and Diatition? Or did your surgen tell you? My surgen told me what you did but than when I called Regence they said 9 months. Is this just something the ins says but the Dr know how to get around?
jlph62
on 1/27/10 12:30 pm - Olympia, WA
Topic: RE: Gastric bypass surgery can be very lonely
Hi
I am having surgery on Monday Feb 1st.  This is my 4th surgery date.  I have had a two year battle with health issues but now it is finally going to happen.  I would love to be friends with both of you and share my journey with you.
Joanne
FabBy50 .
on 1/27/10 11:19 am - Everett, WA
Topic: RE: WLS - Any Regrets or No Regrets
On January 27, 2010 at 4:45 PM Pacific Time, Debbie Davidson wrote:
Thank you for you reply.  I really appreciate it and anyone else who takes the time to reply. 

I want this surgery really bad.  Have for a very long time.  I don't want to give up since I have put so much already in it.  My story is on my profile of my battle to get it and now I am almost there!

Thanks again Helen!  You look great!

Hugs,

Debbie 
Debbie

DON't give up!! No matter what, it is worth everything you have to go through!! I can tell you from experience, I have not had an easy time with WLS. I had the band in March, ended up losing it and haing a revision in Dec. I was self pay for both surgeries, and I would still do it all over again. Well except for the band part, horrible experience.

Good luck and don't give up!

PS I'm originally from Wenatchee!
dznydiva
on 1/27/10 11:12 am
Topic: RE: Calling ANY Dr. Chebli Patients - HELP ME!!
Okay so we met with Dr. Chebli yesterday and I absolutley loved his staff and his nurse Samantha was awesome.  Dr. Chebli was very informative and did not have any problem taking my information and testing that I had started with another Doctor.  Both my hubby and I were impressed with him.  He was direct with compassion.  Good Luck!!  My surgery will hopefully be April 12th if all goes well with the insurance.

A dream is a wish your heart makes!   DznyDiva
HW 244/SW224/CW164/GW150

Debbie D.
on 1/27/10 9:56 am - Chelan, WA
Topic: RE: My Mom passed away... warning...LONG
I am really sorry to hear about your Mom.  I wish they would find a cure for cancer.  Currently my honey is faced with prostate cancer.  He has a gleason 7 which means his cancer cells are agressive.  The good news is that his CT scan and bone scan have both come out clear.  His prostate surgery was suppose to be on Jan 25th.  The urologist changed it to Feb 15th now because he wants to do a Robotic Prostate Cancer Sugery instead.  Dan went through further test and was given the okay to do the surgery.  I guess it effects the lungs more and he does have sleep apnea too and even diabetes.  He has a older machine and has been using a auto machine the last few nights testing his settings.  Our daughters have been sadden with this news and we are doing are best to not let them worry.  Dan has 3 older sons who are very concerned as well.  Dan will always have to go through test for the rest of his life to make sure cancer has not return.

A few years okay, I turned to this board for prayers for my Grandpa whe he had fallen on a visit to Las Vegas.  I got so much support from people, it helped me to be stronger.  The prayers meant so much.  He knew too that so many all over were praying for him.  It meant a great deal to him to how much people cared out there.

Grandpa hung on for almost a month.  He kept seeing the light.  I had to tell him that it wasn't the lights in the room that he wanted off.  It was the light.  He didn't want to let go of my Nana (grandma).  It was time for my Grandpa to go home and he finally did on Aug 28, 2006.  I will cherish the memories I had with him like you will with you mom.

I believe we all will be reunited again when we are done here and go home.  Your mom sees you.  It is just different now.  Losing a love one is so hard.  In the meantime, don't you give up!  Like you said, your mom was VERY proud of your weight loss.  If you feel like going back to your old ways, you just pick yourself back up and go for a walk.  Turn to someone for support.  You fight back and don't let that get to you.  YOU WILL GET THROUGH THIS.  And I will pray for you and be here for you!

Hug, hugs and more hugs!

Debbie   
Most Active