Recent Posts

Diamonds-r-4ever
on 1/29/10 1:54 am - Winlock, WA
Topic: RE: Surgery types
Hi Helen, That you for your reply. I can only eat about half a Chicken breat. I didn't know those things were slider foods. I have only been to a nutrionist one time. That was all we could afford at the time. I have been in a.stall for three months now and it is driving me nuts. I try to eat as much protein as I can but thet is not alwas easy. For Breakfast I have an Adkins drink and  a smal or medium banana. It just seems like I am hungry all the time. (Could be Stress)
 For some reason when I eat my stomach pokes out like a a balloon. You know, like one of those squishy balls you squeeze and a bubble comes out. It just doesn't seem normal to me.  That's why I was asking about surgeries at Madigan. Than ks for the info. I did learn something new.

Wanda

Mdae
on 1/28/10 5:50 pm
Topic: RE: What's up???
I mostly post on the DS board.  It's much more lively over there, and SO much information - if you have vitamin questions, and you don't get Michelle's (vitalady's) attention right away, try over there!

Mdae
on 1/28/10 5:44 pm, edited 1/28/10 5:48 pm
Topic: RE: WLS - Any Regrets or No Regrets
i'm 10 months out, down 116lbs. in a size 5.  i had the DS.  would do it all over again in a heartbeat.  Nutritional supplementation is vital, no matter what surgery you choose.  educate yourself.  visit all the different boards, please.  and come to our support group in Tukwila if you can make it sometimes.  2nd saturday of every month, southcenter sizzler, 3pm.

curiousasacat
on 1/28/10 2:41 pm - WA
Topic: RE: What's up???
I read it.... yeah well... that's life....  some are lurkers some are responders... Good night and sweet dreams.    Try not worry...  I think we're just getting over the holiday buzz .... kicking my fanny to bed... zzzzz ~Kelly

curiousasacat
on 1/28/10 2:36 pm - WA
I have NO regrets for having the surgery. Okay, how long.... (kind of hard to ask my brain when going through lots of work from college in the past 4 weeks than in the past 15 years)... holy cow... just counted... 1 and a half year's surgiversary's tomorrow, surgery date was July 29th, 2008!! Had the Laproscopic RNY.  You didn't ask how much we've lost.... I think the best question is, what did I gain? Positive attitude, a 2nd chance to live life with this new tool, made more friends face to face! I gained better insight in why I had let my life go down this path, from the depression, comfort foods, and lack of self-awareness, and lack of community ties... Ok, bedtime for me.... ~Kelly

Pam M.
on 1/28/10 2:18 pm - WA
I had RNY on 5/26/09, and am down 106 pounds. I started with the band, wish I had never wasted my time with the band. I do not regret the revision at all. In the beginning, the first 3 or 4 months were tough, but all the veterans on the board assured me that it does get better. Back then I sometimes would ask myself "What have I done to myself?" But those days are a distant memory. I feel great, and I look so much better. I would do it all over again.

~My story on my revision to RNY from the lap-band is in my profile~

S.A.R.A.
on 1/28/10 12:27 pm - Tacoma, WA
The only Regret I have ~~ I let people talk me out of having the surgery when I thought about it 6 years ago and didn't have it sooner.

I had Lap Proximal RNY on 2/25/09. I have lost over 160lbs. I went from wearing size 26/28 (XXXL) to wearing 6/8 small/mediums. I have had no health problems post op, off all prescriptions, never lost any hair, and my skin is tightening back very nicely... I may not need plastic surgery at all.

I encourage you to visit a local WLS support group and talk to people there. Most people are willing to answer questions and will "tell you like it is" about life post op.

Best Wishes~

~M

You must do the thing which you think you cannot do.
~~Eleanor Roosevelt

Mrs-stick
on 1/28/10 10:22 am - Orting, WA
Topic: RE: Gastric bypass surgery can be very lonely
Hi there,
I would love very much to become friends! I am just starting. Looking forward talking with you. `Diane
Mrs-stick
on 1/28/10 10:17 am - Orting, WA
Hi Joanne,
You can count on me!! I am just starting me journey. Tomorrow will be my first visit to the Dietitian. What is your Ins. provider? Mine is Regence Boeing. I am really looking forward to becoming your friend. ~Diane
thisbe777
on 1/28/10 10:07 am
i'm in federal way -- i'm always a good listener...

pm me and i'll give you my cell #

jeris

To live would be an awfully big adventure -- Peter Pan

Most Active