Recent Posts

Debbie D.
on 1/31/10 4:52 pm - Chelan, WA
Topic: RE: New Group for South King / North Pierce County
That sounds like it was fun...my honey and I always wanted to learn to line dance!

Deb
Debbie D.
on 1/31/10 4:49 pm - Chelan, WA
Topic: RE: New Group for South King / North Pierce County

Really?  Wow.  That is tempting.  But it would be better for me to be a attender instead of hosting one.  I honestly have so much going on right now.  I am doing my best to keep not only myself going but my honey who has cancer and my kids who are dealing with a lot on their plates as well.  In the meantime, I have turned to here for support for myself to keep me positive.  I was just hoping that there would be a support group as well for me.  I guess I will just stick to posting, emailing, and meeting friends on here. 

Debbie D.
on 1/31/10 4:41 pm - Chelan, WA
Topic: RE: Regence through Boeing??
Thank you so much for your support.  It means more to me than you may really know.  I greatly appreaciate your kind words and emails! 

I will be there for you in return...

PinkFlamingoes
on 1/31/10 8:08 am - Buckley, WA
Topic: RE: Revision Question
 I don't have any great answers for you . I would suggest you talk to a surgeon who does revisions . You're not a failure unless you quit trying . Until you can talk to another surgeon , I would continue as you are . Michelle knows her stuff . She won't steer you wrong .

OlyParker
on 1/31/10 1:58 am
Topic: RE: Olympia GHC Support Group
Hi Joanne,
I had my surgery 11-20-09 and I've lost 45 lbs so far.  I'm in Arizona right now but I'll be at the GHC-Olympia support group in April.  I'd love to meet you and the rest of the group then.   Good luck with your surgery tomorrow.  God bless.

Cheryl N.
on 1/30/10 1:02 pm - Des Moines, WA
Topic: RE: Overlake Hospital

I know a girl that is in my support group that brought her laptop computer and had free wifi access in her room. 

There are like 3-4 computers in the lobby that you can use. 

I used the computer in the lobby and then my cell phone with internet on it so I facebooked all day!

246 in Dec 2008 before banded 1/28/09 at 215 lbs, band crapped 9/09 at 170 lbs and struggled with it and regained to 203 revised to bypass on 8/1/11 and am very happy.

netta
on 1/30/10 12:34 pm
Topic: Madigan weight loss surgery supprt group
the Ft Lewis weight loss surgery support group is Finally back at Madigan!!!!
We are back at the Cosio Conference room on the ground floor in the nursing tower,Starting Feb4,2010,
we have been out of Madigan for just over a year,but now we are back,
So if you have already had a weight loss surgery or are thinking about it, or want a different group other than the Pathway,,please come,,
 we meet every Thursday 5-7 PM,
Please come,your support person is welcomed too

REDD

Kathy P.
on 1/30/10 10:19 am - Port Orchard, WA
Topic: RE: Overlake Hospital
that's where I had my surgery. No internet in rooms, but by elevators, on your walking route, there are two or three computers for public use with internet. You will be walking around them A LOT!  So, good place to take a break, check mail, and keep us posted.

You will be on 5th floor I believe. Most if not all patients there are bariatric patients...so lots of strolling!

Good luck and so glad your journey is underway!

hugs,
Kathy
Every morning in Africa, a gazelle wakes up.
It knows it must outrun the fastest lion or it will be killed.
Every morning in
Africa, a lion wakes up.
It knows that it must run faster than the slowest gazelle, or it will starve.
It doesn't matter whether you're a lion or a gazelle
when the sun comes up you'd better be running.

RNY 2/9/09  Buh bye Gallbladder 8/28/09; 100% EWL (181 lbs.) on 2/19/10;
Michaelle H.
on 1/30/10 9:15 am - Puyallup, WA
Topic: Revision Question
I will start my question out with some history about me and my surgeries, yes surgeries. I had my original RNY 12/04 lost 130lbs which was awesome.  I then started having pain that the Dr could figure out where it was coming from. We did a exploritory in 07.

Then all hell broke loose, my ulcer perferated and developed an intestinal fistula.
Dr. alperovich sent me to the OR to remove the rest of my stomach and repair the perferation. In the operating room my spleen didn't stop bleeding and had to be removed.
I spent a week in ICU and came home 1 1/2 weeks after surgery.

Since the time of the Intestinal Fistula until now I have GAINED back 90#. I have gone back to my surgeon and he says he doesn't think doing a revision to DS is going to do any good.
I am currenty 200 cm proximal.

My question is, has anyone ever heard that a DS didn't make the patient lose weight?
Right now I am trying despretly to follow Vitalady's all protein regemain to lose it but it seems I'm destined to be FAT again.

Any help is very appriciated.

Michaelle H
Puyallup
lizzybear
on 1/30/10 7:10 am, edited 1/30/10 7:13 am - Olympia, WA
Topic: RE: WLS - Any Regrets or No Regrets

I had my RNY on 10-27-07 and have absolutely NO regrets.  Not even in the beginning.  I'd read enough info and posts on here to know that the worst part would be the liquid and pureed stage and getting used to eating again and how different it is now.  I lost weight pretty regularly.  I did have a few stalls, but kept doing what I needed to do and got moving again.  I did lose some hair for a few months, but everyone had warned me about that - it does get better.  My hair's back to normal now.  And I kind of got slack on the vitamins for awhile and found out why you cannot do that - the vitamins are critical.  I was getting really run down, sick all the time, and looked like I was just wiped out.  But within about 4-5 weeks of getting back on a strict vitamin regimen, it turned around and I feel great again.

I started out wearing size 24 jeans and 5x tops and now wear size 4 jeans and small tops, sometimes mediums depending on how tight the small tops' sleeves are - have some extra skin there that needs a little breating room!  I've maintained between 155-160 back and forth in there ever since I hit my goal at the 8-month mark.  I started my plastic surgery journey on 10-28-09 - two years and one day after my RNY.  Just the tummy for now.  Arms and breasts will come later. 

Sometimes it's harder on my husband and family when we go out to eat and they're not sure where we can go and I'll be able to find something to eat.  I keep trying to tell them, other than fast food, all regular restaurants have something I can have - grilled chicken, salad, whatever, I just eat what I can and either leave it or take it home - depending on how good it was or how much is left.  Fast food places are totally out because they smell so disgusting to me now - my mom said it must be the grease - but they smell so terrible that I get sick feeling and can't stay near them.  Heck even driving by a couple of them on my way home can make me feel like throwing up.

So, no - no regrets.  I feel so good when I hit the gym and can actually run now on the treadmill.  It makes me feel like I'm so free and flying!!!  I love feeling this good!

Highest 323 / Surgery Day 289 / Current 165 - RNY 10-27-07, Hit Goal 08-18-08. Tummy tuck 10-28-09 - UW Plastic Surgery Residency Ctr, Breast/Arm Lift w/Dr. Sepehr Egrari in Bellevue, WA on 5-22-13!

Life may not be the party we hoped for, but while we're here we should dance.  Unknown

Most Active