Recent Posts

pam H.
on 2/9/10 9:16 am - Renton, WA
Topic: RE: x-post MY ONE YEAR SURGIVERSARY!!
Way to go , Kathy!!! You have done so well! I can't wait to see your pics!

Merrilou Gronholdt
on 2/9/10 8:08 am - WA
Topic: RE: x-post MY ONE YEAR SURGIVERSARY!!

What great news! Keep up the good work! You should be so proud!

Merrilou

Kathy P.
on 2/9/10 7:11 am - Port Orchard, WA
Topic: x-post MY ONE YEAR SURGIVERSARY!!
HAPPY ONE YEAR SURGIVERSARY TO ME (AND ALL THE OTHER 2/9'ERS!!)

So here is the down and dirty fat  (or lack thereof) talk:  I have lost 92.4% of my excess body weight. In poundage speak, I am down 172 lbs., but have been up and down with the same 2 lbs. for the past three weeks. I blame this on my weight training....

In the past 30 days, I have only lost about 5 lbs. BUT I HAVE LOST a total of 10.75 inches in that same 30 day time period. So, I figure I'm building muscle, which takes up less room than the bulky fat.

I have 14 to 16 lbs. (depending on day) to go until I  hit my Docs and my goal that we set post-op. My BMI still has me in the "overweight" catagory. ARGH!  WHATEVER... I think I will go see a physiologist or trainer to get an accurate body fat reading to differentiate between fat and muscle.

My BUTT AND BOOB SIZE  :  I am wearing a size 10 levis's and size 10 tops and dresses, versus the size 26 top and 28 dresses of a year ago. One year ago, I wasn't wearing zip up jeans, but rather size 26 pull on elastic waist denim pants (you know the ones....).

I've been off all meds for about 9 months. My resting heart rate is 56 versus 90 from a year ago. Sleep is great!

Work out wise:  I run at least one short run of 2 miles once per week.  I run one 5k once per week, and will be increasing that to two per week. I'm training for a 10K in June. I hit the gym 3 to 4 times per week, doing eliptical, bike, upper and lower body weights . I haven't swam since December...need to get a new suit.

I haven't taken full bod pics in a few months, so that is my DH's job over the next couple of day. When he gets them done, I will post.

Hope all is well with all of you!

Hugs,
Kathy
Every morning in Africa, a gazelle wakes up.
It knows it must outrun the fastest lion or it will be killed.
Every morning in
Africa, a lion wakes up.
It knows that it must run faster than the slowest gazelle, or it will starve.
It doesn't matter whether you're a lion or a gazelle
when the sun comes up you'd better be running.

RNY 2/9/09  Buh bye Gallbladder 8/28/09; 100% EWL (181 lbs.) on 2/19/10;
Merrilou Gronholdt
on 2/8/10 8:17 am - WA
Topic: Treat yourself

look at Magnabilities.com

Merrilou

pam H.
on 2/8/10 4:16 am - Renton, WA
Topic: RE: Thank You to all for well wishes for surgery
Congratulations, Joanne ! Welcome to the loser's bench! I also had surgery at Overlake, and I agree that the nursing care was wonderful. I'm happy to hear you are doing well now.

Mrs-stick
on 2/7/10 2:19 pm - Orting, WA
Topic: RE: Regence through Boeing??
Hi Tammy
It makes sense that it would heal better the new way it's just very bad that it happened to you. I am just starting myself so I need to learn all the lingo. Did you have too much trouble with first surgery? are you at all frightened? I don't really have much worry as I have had so many  surgery in the last two years. And in November I had my tonsils and adenoids removed and I don't think anything is worse than that. I would rather have an all day root cannel than have to go through that again. Ok one more question well maybe two. When I called Boeing Regence the lady told me 9 months. Although when I first went to see the surgeon he also said 6 months. What is your take on this as it is Regence traditional? Do you or your spouse work for Boeing? One more and I will stop bothering you. Where is Langly? ~ Diane
StillTammy
on 2/7/10 1:45 pm - Langley, WA
Topic: RE: Anyone on Whidbey Island?
Reactivated my Facebook accout: [email protected] - Tammy Smith-Stillwell Look me up!
   Tammy Lee 

Debbie D.
on 2/7/10 12:53 pm - Chelan, WA
Topic: RE: What's up???
Well hi Billie Jo,

I have heard that a lady on here by the name of Diana Cox does probono work that may be of some help.  Try searching her name on here and see what you come up with.  Hope that helps.  

Debbie 
shannoncooper122
on 2/7/10 10:59 am - mcchord afb, WA
Topic: RE: Gastric bypass surgery can be very lonely
yes it can be lonely.. wait until everything about you changes and no one understands... this is your home now.. join the support group near you.  you will need people with similar problems and goals ..
shannoncooper122
on 2/7/10 10:56 am - mcchord afb, WA
Topic: RE: WLS - Any Regrets or No Regrets
My only regret is that I didnt do it years ago// my life has forever changed.  i had it october 23 2009 and have lost 50 lbs.  i was a 22-24 now i am a hot looking  12.  i am loving life and most of all living life... obesity stole my life from me and not my rny is helping to give it back.. it is hard at first and scarey but worth it..  shannon
Most Active