Recent Posts

btownk
on 1/23/17 3:15 pm
Topic: RE: Dr. Haroon Anwar at St Francis Hospital Federal Way, WA

Hi,  I just had my VSG done on the 19th of January by Dr. Anwarr.

Shalee360
on 9/17/16 10:02 pm
VSG on 10/05/16

Did you get your surgery done? Mine is going to be in 4-5 weeks. Where are you located, I in Gig Harbor. Ive heard nothing but good things about him and staff!

runningchic
on 9/9/16 1:32 pm
Topic: RE: Virginia Mason and Dr. Lily Chang

I am curious on how your surgery went with Dr. Chang. I just saw her a few weeks ago. I am checking off all the requirements  needed by my insurance. 

kakkling
on 7/12/16 2:42 pm - Tac, WA
Topic: Support group meeting tonight (7/12)

Support group meeting tonight 7/12 @ the Poodle Dog in Fife, 6:30 pm. Hope to see you there!

Kelly

djstatick
on 7/6/16 11:16 am - Seattle, WA
Topic: RE: Insurance approved! Now, to pick a surgery center? Thoughts?

So, I haven't signed in in forever! Almost a year out of my surgery... I went with PSSC (Now Eviva) with Dr. Landerholm. I'm down 200lbs., so I'm pretty happy with my decision!

ladypoohbear
on 6/1/16 2:21 pm
Topic: RE: Seattle Area Surgeon

Hello.   I had my rny at swedish weight loss services in Seattle june 17, 2013 with dr. McMahon. I have had no problems with them.  Loving my 144 pound weight loss.

Kat

Ladypoohbear

shrinking_sarah
on 2/8/16 8:43 pm - CA
Topic: Vancouver support groups?

Do these exist, or do people just go to PDX?  I'm new to the area (ish) and had VSG in 2012, so I wouldn't be affiliated with a surgeon or hospital here but would like to find a support group.

Thanks for any help!

Sarah, VSG Dr. Cirangle--12/28/12, HW: 265 SW: 253 GW: 130???

(deactivated member)
on 12/30/15 4:48 pm

Hello there. I had RNY from Dr. Anwar. He's the best. Hope all goes well. Good luck.

apointedpassion
on 12/17/15 1:31 pm - WA
Topic: Dr. Haroon Anwar at St Francis Hospital Federal Way, WA

Hello!  There hasn't been much activity on this form lately, but I was wondering if anyone has used Dr. Haroon Anwar at St Francis Hospital in Federal Way?  I have my first appointment with him on January 14, 2016!

(deactivated member)
on 9/30/15 11:28 am
Topic: RE: Just starting.

Hey--I'm in ML, too. As far as I know (could be wrong) there aren't actually any surgery options in Moses. Tri-Cities, Spokane, and Seattle are your options.

They used to let you do Lap-Band fills here in town but I'm not sure if they do anymore--I think the intro classes were for that as well.

Rockwood has a solid program though and they're great to work with. Only 90 minutes away, right in the Deaconess health center off I-90.

I don't know of any support groups though--maybe Weigh****chers has something? I know there's one at Rockwood although I've never been. The forums here are a good bet.

If you would like to talk to someone in person just let me know--my wife had VSG two years ago and I go in for VSG in a week, so we're familiar with the process.

Good luck!

Most Active