Recent Posts

sammysue78
on 6/21/10 6:26 am - Seattle, WA
Hislady
on 6/21/10 5:24 am - Vancouver, WA
Topic: RE: Poll: How many ounces can you eat at one time?
You'll probably get more responses if you post this on the lapband board. However it sounds like a bit much, it's hard to tell because I think most of us go by cups not oz. A standard bandster size seems to be 1-1 1/2 cups of food but some folks only do 1/2 cup and stop even if they don't feel full. I can only eat 2-3 oz. of solid protein like meat som it depends on the density too.
Thorney
on 6/20/10 1:58 pm - Seattle, WA
Topic: RE: Washington get together?
Jay, 
I would be interested in knowing about the support group.  I live in Redondo Beach. 

I'd also come to a get together.

Thorney

Thorney
280/132

sammysue78
on 6/20/10 11:44 am - Seattle, WA
Topic: Poll: How many ounces can you eat at one time?
Hi all, my name is Sam, and I was banded in September 2007; doc is Rob Landerholm, in Edmonds. I think I'm at my "sweet spot" in regards to fills (I have 3.4cc in a 4cc/10cm band), and can only eat about 8oz at a time...for example, I just had a thick potato/veggie/chicken pureed soup for dinner, and I'm stuffed. How many can you comfortably eat at one time? Am curious.

Sam
Theresa P.
on 6/18/10 1:44 pm - WA
Topic: RE: Protein Shakes without milk
 Thank you, Michelle.  This is great information.  I was under the impression that whey is a milk product.  Could you tell me where you find you meal replacements.  I was told super supplements is a good place to shop. Thanks again, Theresa
vitalady
on 6/18/10 3:35 am - Puyallup, WA
RNY on 10/05/94
Topic: RE: Protein Shakes without milk
I haven't used milk since 1994. I have about 100 proteins that shake up in water. Some are perfect that way, some do a little better in a lil water + a lil ice, blended with a Magic Bullet or hand blender.

Any of these are what I use:

1.) Gaspari Myofusion double chocolate or chocolate peanut butter OR a combo of those 2 with 6-8 oz water + about 1/2 **** I use a Magic Bullet or a hand blender. Full sized blenders double the size of my drink and make me burp too much! Using this method, I get a thicker or thinner Wendy's Frosty type drink, depending on the ice/water ratio
2.) Champion Pure Whey Stack choco + 6-8 oz water, shaken.
3.) IDS vanilla-cinnamon + "glop" of DaVinci sugar free caramel sauce + 8 oz water + ice, blended.
4.) the PWS chco + the van-cin (50/50) in about 10 oz ho****er, stirred or
hand blender.

They deliver 30g protein, less than 3g sugar, less than 200 calories, when made with water.

Michelle
RNY, distal, 10/5/94 

P.S.  My year + long absence has NOTHING to do with my WLS, or my type of WLS. See my profile.

bikerchickk
on 6/18/10 3:05 am - Sequim, WA
I am going to my Mom's in Lynnwood. Bellevue is close by, but I don't mind driving around to meet people as i am there for a vacation anyways. I am going to go east of the mountains to see my brother too.
Summer

Height 5'6"  HW 263 SW 239 LW 142 From size 20/22 to size 5/6   

At 4 years out I crept back up to 180 now working my way back down. CW 173 size 10

Aberdare
on 6/18/10 2:51 am - Bellevue, WA
Great idea.  I also belong to a great support group if that interests you.  Where will you be staying?
Jay

Aberdare
on 6/18/10 2:48 am - Bellevue, WA
Topic: RE: Starting my Pre-Op diet while in Renton WA- 6/21-7/2
Would love to have you come to Overlake Hospital in Bellevue. We have a great group with a bariatric manager, surgeons and guest speakers such as nutritionists, therapists, plastic surgeons etc.   We meet the second thursday from 6:00PM to 8:00PM and fourth Saturday from
10:00AM to 12:00noon. 
If you would like to meet for coffee or whatever I would love to meet you
Good luck
Jay

bikerchickk
on 6/18/10 2:21 am - Sequim, WA
Topic: Washington get together?
  I am heading for Washington on Monday for a month. I thought it would be cool to meet some of you washington losers from OH while I am there. I am originally from Washington and still think of it as home. Maybe have some kind of get together of a few of us? I think that could be really fun. Let me know what you think?
Summer

Height 5'6"  HW 263 SW 239 LW 142 From size 20/22 to size 5/6   

At 4 years out I crept back up to 180 now working my way back down. CW 173 size 10

Most Active