Recent Posts

Will Wilson
on 6/23/10 9:39 am - Freeland, WA
Topic: RE: Washington get together?
 Aberdare,
I hope things are going well for you.  I had my RNY on June 1, 2010 and all is going really well.  I am planning on attending the meeting this Saturday.  Thanks for the notice.

Will Wilson
206-718-8160

Hislady
on 6/23/10 3:00 am - Vancouver, WA
Topic: RE: Leap of Faith , heading to Mexico
Best of luck to you! You might want to check out MidwesternGirl's profile, she has done a great deal of research on Mexican facilities.
kaiti1965
on 6/22/10 3:37 pm - Wenatchee, WA
Topic: Leap of Faith , heading to Mexico
Well I did it, I applied for a Medical Loan, and guess what I got the darn thing, I had contacted a patient facilitator for Mexican Physicians, and researched a lot of the physicians.  Finally chose one after talking to several people about several doctors.  Anyways, today I accepted the loan, will fax it back in the morning, and booked my flight for my mom and I to go to San Diego, then Tijuana on July 23.

Im compiling a list of things I should have for when I return, and was wondering what all you folks did to prepare.  Im not scared per say, IM anxious. I guess its the change, it has been roughly 13 yrs since I had started putting on weight due to various hormone disorders, type 2 diabetes, etc.  And frankly its become kind of a warm fuzzy blanket.  Change at times is hard  But this is good change, its whats best for my health and for me.  So any words of wisdom would be greatly appreciated.  And if you went to Mexico for your surgery, please share your experiences with me, good and bad.

Thanks for reading.

Kathy in Wenatchee
Aberdare
on 6/22/10 1:11 pm - Bellevue, WA
Well you just have to move over here!!!!  Do you belong to a group over there?

Aberdare
on 6/22/10 1:10 pm - Bellevue, WA
The next meeting is Saturday at 10:00AM at Overleke Hospital. Park in the west garage and take the elevator down to the ground floor and it puts you right at the Pac center where the group meets. Christina is the bariatric manager and she is great. Sometimes one of the surgeons will drop in and we have guest speakers such as nutritionists, therapists, plastic surgeons etc.
Last meeting a nut came with samples from the Vitamine Store for us to try. That was fun.
We meet the second thursday from 6:00PM to 8:00PM and 4th Sat from 10:00AM to 12noon. It is a very friendly group and very interactive. I for one would love to meet you so let me know if you are coming
Jay
PS  I have hooked up with Melting woman and we get together so you could join us.
ac

dznydiva
on 6/22/10 2:19 am
Topic: RE: Hi Washington! Im one month out
Hi Stephanie,

How are you sleeping?  I found that a lot of my back pai was due to this.  What worked for me were tons of pillows.  Two under my knees and 2 at my head, 1 on my belly.  Also if you have the stomache binder from the hospital use it it helped with the pain.

As for the kidney stones I am sorry been there done that not fun!  Hopefully they will pass soon!

A dream is a wish your heart makes!   DznyDiva
HW 244/SW224/CW164/GW150

PinkFlamingoes
on 6/21/10 1:05 pm - Buckley, WA
Topic: RE: The Best day of my life
Congratulations !!!

karen C.
on 6/21/10 1:04 pm - Kennewick, WA
Topic: RE: Plastics at U of Washington?
I was quoted $14.000.00 and that was three years ago.

Karen C

PinkFlamingoes
on 6/21/10 1:02 pm - Buckley, WA
Topic: RE: Plastics at U of Washington?
I know some people have issues with having surgery by a resident , but I think it is a great opportunity for some of us who wouldn't ever be able to afford it otherwise . You couldn't be in a better place & the chief surgeon is right there . I bet the thigh lift would be triple UW's price at a private P.S's facility . Thanks for updating . I hope you'll post when you actually are in the process .

MeaganJo
on 6/21/10 1:01 pm - Spokane, WA
I think it is a great idea too bad I am in Spokane!
Most Active