Recent Posts

Susan O.
on 6/27/10 9:12 am - Tacoma, WA
RNY on 06/27/07 with
Topic: Support Group Monday!

Don't forget! Thru Thick N' Thin will meet this Monday, June 28th, and every 4th Monday of the Month @ 5:30pm until 7:30pm.
    This month is all about new foods or new ways to cook and present "old" foods.  We have a fun meeting planned, so be sure to join in with your WLS-friendly recipes and menus. If you'd like, bring a sample of your favorite food from your menu to share with the group. Please bring copies of your recipes, and a notebook to jot more down. It will be at Summit Branch - Pierce Co. Library, 5107 112th St. E., Tacoma, WA 98446.

Susan 

www.obesityhelp.com/group/ttnt/

RNY 6/2007   120 pounds lost - GOAL!!

sweetkathleen
on 6/26/10 12:58 pm - Seattle, WA
Topic: Residency program at the University of WA - plastic surgery
Hello everyone-
I was just wondering if anyone has gone through the residency program at he university of WA hopsital for plastic surgery? I heard that it's a lot cheaper if you go through this program. I have an appointment on July 13th, 2010 for my first plastic surgery. I had a friend that told me that one of the doctors told her that she couldn't go through the residency program. I was just wondering what the process was.

Thanks for your help,
Kathleen

Merrilou Gronholdt
on 6/25/10 3:06 am, edited 6/25/10 3:29 am - WA
Topic: Support Group in Auburn
I attended a great support group meeting at the Auburn Hospital this month. Next month it will be on the 15th at 7PM (July) . It is on the 3rd floor take the elevator next to the ER , it is right there!

Merrilou
bahiagrl59
on 6/24/10 1:19 pm
Topic: Madigan? For Gastric?

How did you get gastric at Madigan? I would much prefer that hospital than civilian. My hubby is retired and we have tricare prime.THanks Kelly

gail *
on 6/24/10 12:06 pm - Seattle, WA
Topic: RE: Leap of Faith , heading to Mexico
Hi Kathy,

May I suggest you post your question on the forum RNY, DS or Lap Band etc...  You will get better response from other's that have had there surgery in Mexico.
bahiagrl59
on 6/24/10 10:45 am, edited 6/24/10 10:46 am
Topic: Madigan? for Gastric?
How do you go about doing that? I have been approved by TriWest Prime but I would much rather go to Madigan for cost factors plus, I think military is awesome care. How do I go about arranging it to be done there? I have contacted TriWest but who knows if they will get back to me. The guy they want to do it has only done 60gastric bypasses...He is based out of North  Carolina? He works at Swedish. Dr. Oh has done like 6000. I just would rather Madigan..Thanks for listening. Have researched this for one year and I am so ready.
vhagen20
on 6/23/10 3:15 pm - Lacey, WA
Topic: RE: Madigan cosmetic question
On September 25, 2009 at 9:19 PM Pacific Time, Michelle D. wrote:
I just had a belt lipectomy and breast augmentaion with implants on 9/16.  With the belt lipectomy i was cut from front to my back.  A little paniful and more recovery time than a regular tummy tuck. But one of my friends just had a tummy tuck done with the muscle tightening done, so Madigan does do both.  My doctor was doctor Walker and he did a great job.   Please let me know if you have any questions.

Michelle D. 
 Did you also have your Bypass at Madigan? if so how were they as far as approving? strict to the T or kind of laid back? Also.... Im worried that If I get the bypass and I loose all the the excess weight... including the breasts... and they end up looking disfigured because of the extreme weight loss, will they cover a breast augmentation??
vhagen20
on 6/23/10 3:09 pm - Lacey, WA
Topic: RE: SURGERY AT MADIGAN!!!!!
 How do you know when your actually approved for the surgery? I have my first Group consult at madigan on Aug 5th and then the pathway program... How long is that program last?  Anyone?
bahiagrl59
on 6/23/10 3:08 pm
Mini.me
on 6/23/10 3:01 pm
Topic: RE: Marysville Support Group Meeting- join the fun!!
Jenny asked me to facilitate the July session since she is out of town.  Wanted to bump this & update with the new information ...

Monthly Support Group for patients interested in a positive, safe environment to discuss issues, ask questions, share stories, and celebrate victories with weight loss surgery (all types welcome).  Whether you are a current patient, are scheduled for surgery, or are just gathering information about weight-loss surgery then this is the place for you!

Important Details:

First Thursday of each month (July 1 is our next meeting)
6:30-8 pm
Grandview Village*
5800 64th ST NE (near the Marysville YMCA)
Marysville WA 98270

*when you enter the lobby the staff will direct you to the meeting room

...feel free to message me if you have any questions, I hope to see some new faces this month!

Revision from Sleeve to DS (with re-Sleeve) on 10/10/17. Slow and steady ...

Most Active