Recent Posts

writerscrawlz
on 6/29/10 6:28 am - Cheney, WA
Topic: RE: developed stricture two and a half weeks out
Oh, yeah!  I absolutely loved it - that's sort of like a treat (in my mind) given the frustration I'm experiencing.  Also, I've noticed that my esphagus is having spasms whether I am eating or not - not fun!  This is in addition to the constant throwing up - but I was reassured that it was not anything I did or did not do. 

I do not regret, for a single moment, my decision to have this done.  This too shall pass
(deactivated member)
on 6/29/10 6:13 am - WA
Topic: RE: Anyone interested in a Pouch Party?
I am in Puyallup, and would be interested.  Keep me posted!
MeaganJo
on 6/29/10 3:17 am - Spokane, WA
Topic: RE: developed stricture two and a half weeks out
Sorry to hear that you have had a bit of a struggle, hang in there. Sounds like you are doing well everywhere else and that is good to hear! That must of been something else getting that close to the doe.

My new pouch was born 7/19/10
~meg~
writerscrawlz
on 6/29/10 1:29 am - Cheney, WA
Topic: developed stricture two and a half weeks out
Hi.  I haven't been here for a bit because of a struggle I'm going through.  At just two and a half weeks out, I developed a stricture, and due to how newly I'm out, doctors are reluctant to touch the issue.  Also, knowing how dangerous it can be (this new out), I am in agreement, so at the moment, I'm reduced to orange juice, water, and a couple of other items.  Two ounces is the most I can handle about every four to five hours, and even that is pushing it.  Literally, I'm taking it moment by moment, attempting to hold out for another week before the procedure is done!

Other than that, I still feel great!  I wanna bike ride, hike, jump on my trampoline, and go on a photo bear hunt!  The other day, I captured a young doe kneeling in the grass; I stopped and talked to her for several minutes before she wandered off.  I got within ten feet of her!  

It is frustrating to know I need far more nutrition than I am able to ingest, but at least I'm trying!!  :)
PinkFlamingoes
on 6/28/10 3:05 pm - Buckley, WA
Topic: RE: Residency program at the University of WA - plastic surgery
I had my tummy tuck at U.W. through the residency program 11-2008 . I had a great experience . My GP was thrilled with my decision , which surprised me  . It's a great program , which benefits both the patient & the resident . You can't be an overly modest person , though . You will have several strangers looking at your body , before , during & after surgery . My TT cost under $4,000.00 . I have only one regret . That I live so far from U.W. Lol . Let me know if you want to knw anything else . I'm a Kathleen , too .

PinkFlamingoes
on 6/28/10 2:57 pm - Buckley, WA
Topic: RE: 3 years ago today.....

Happy re-birthday , Susan ! You are a great role model for anyone considering WLS . And a great support group leader .

Deb366
on 6/28/10 1:23 pm
Looking good, Susan, isn't it amazing how the time flies by? And life just goes on? Glad things are going well for you!

deb366

Currently 125  pounds
EverydayJoan
on 6/28/10 3:13 am - Yelm, WA
Topic: RE: Madigan? For Gastric?
Good morning. You'll need a referral from your primary, BMI of 40 or over or 35 with comorbididies. That will get you into the group bariatric overview, from which they will put you on "the Pathway". Hope this helps...

Cheers,
Joan

Linda W.
on 6/28/10 2:05 am - Vancouver, WA
Congratulations on your success
Linda

Linda
"I can do ALL things through CHRIST who gives me strength" Phil. 4:13 

Susan O.
on 6/27/10 9:21 am - Tacoma, WA
RNY on 06/27/07 with
Topic: 3 years ago today.....

was my re-birthday! I do not regret my decision at all, and urge everyone to "go for it" if you are considering WLS. Please do attend as many seminars and support group meetings as you can  to arm yourself with information for those who will challenge your decision, and even for those days you may wonder WHY you had the surgery! 
   Thank you to all of you that have supported me these past 3 1/2 years on OH, and for those of you who continue to support me at group meetings. You are the stars in my life!  I do not post very often any more, as one of my "time-drains" is the computer, but just know you all are still very important to me.
XXXXXOOOOOO

Susan

Susan 

www.obesityhelp.com/group/ttnt/

RNY 6/2007   120 pounds lost - GOAL!!

Most Active