Recent Posts

LisaAnn
on 6/30/10 10:09 am - WA
Topic: RE: Madigan? For Gastric?
You can go to a civillian doctor that takes Tricare. Have your PCP put in a referral to a surgeon that does the surgery you want, and takes Tricare. You can find out if they take Tricare by a) calling some local surgeons that you have researched that do your surgery type, or b) call Tricare and ask for a listing of surgeons that perform the type of surgery you want and of course take Tricare.

Or, if you chose the Madigan route, have your PCP submit your referral to Madian and you will beging the Pathway program once your referral is approved, and you come up on the wait list.

Personally I have done both (I had VBG with a civillian doctor in 2006, and then had my revision surgery with a Madigan surgeon). The reason I went to Madigan for my revision was I chose the DS, and currently Tricare does not approve the DS, so I had to go to Madigan to get it done.

Good luck!!!

Lisa

229 / 148/ 135
Open DS Surgery with Dr. Martin @ Madigan 
Revision from 2006 - VBG
Hernia repair and tummy tuck - 05/12/2010

(deactivated member)
on 6/30/10 8:50 am - .., WA
Topic: Plastic Surgeons, do u know a great one?? Please share.
Well, it is becoming obvious, I will need some repair work. So, do you know a wonderful Plastic Surgeon in WA, OR, ID?  If you know a wonderful surgeon that does pretty work, please share.
Thanks. 
MeaganJo
on 6/30/10 3:19 am - Spokane, WA
Topic: RE: developed stricture two and a half weeks out
It is good that you have such a good attitude about the situation! Heal quickly and enjoy the nature!
thisbe777
on 6/30/10 3:03 am, edited 6/30/10 3:03 am
Topic: RE: Support Group in Auburn
of course it's on a thursday....  i have a night class on thursdays......  (sigh)

jeris

To live would be an awfully big adventure -- Peter Pan

thisbe777
on 6/30/10 3:01 am
Topic: RE: Washington get together?
hi from federal way! 

jeris

To live would be an awfully big adventure -- Peter Pan

Angie B.
on 6/29/10 1:56 pm - Seaside, OR
Topic: RE: Anyone interested in a Pouch Party?
      Things are in the works for getting the Pouch Party scheduled.  It's looking like it will be towards Sept./Oct. before it will be scheduled and I hope to have more info for you all soon.  I'm excited, this will be fun. 

HW 321// SW 278//CW 168
dznydiva
on 6/29/10 1:11 pm
I am interested in attending as well!  Auburn area is where I am.

A dream is a wish your heart makes!   DznyDiva
HW 244/SW224/CW164/GW150

allysonmccombs
on 6/29/10 11:34 am - Seattle, WA
Topic: Just a Nosy Newbie...
Anyone going to the support group at NW hospital next week July 1? 

I am going and going to try to get my banded friend to go as well:)

Ally
So often times it happens that we live our lives in chains
And we never even know we have the key.
The Eagles

allysonmccombs
on 6/29/10 11:19 am - Seattle, WA
I"m interested, although I haven't had my surgery yet..I will be going on July 14th so depending on when it is and how recovered I am I would like to go!

I also have a friend with a band who would be interested....please keep us posted!
Kindle
on 6/29/10 7:14 am
Topic: RE: Hi Washington! Im one month out
 Is your stomach still distended? When I had surgery last year I didn't have a BM for over 6 weeks and even though I lost 50 pounds in the hospital my stomach was larger than before because of constipation from all the pain medications I was on. The doctors might be wanting to cut you back on pain meds so that you can start having more regular potty visits.
Surgery date 05/13/2010
HW: 291
SW: 280
CW:

GW: 160
Most Active