Recent Posts

writerscrawlz
on 7/8/10 2:02 am - Cheney, WA
Topic: back from hospital again
Hi!  I'm still alive and back from the hospital for a second time.  The heat is wearing on me a bit (dizzy), but I'm remembering to drink drink drink!  I ended up pretty sick after vomiting for nearly 13 days and they widened the stricture so I feel better now!

I'm still tired and sadly, I've had to find my dog a new home because he needs surgery I cannot afford.  The awesome thing is that I believe God put somebody in my life because not only will my dog have a terrific home, but the folks taking him will give him the medical attention he needs.  (I'll go for a smaller dog next time)  I have decided to wait several months before considering another canine - and also, I'm certain God will place the right one with me. 
karen C.
on 7/7/10 8:24 pm - Kennewick, WA
Topic: RE: Residency program at the University of WA - plastic surgery

Hi Holly,

I'm in the process of gathering info for an extensive upper thigh lift probaby next summer. I called the U  and got info from a nice man. I'm away from home right now or I could give you more info. The quote I got for the thigh lift was about $5200.00. From a private surgeon in Bellevue it was about $14000.00. Quite a difference.

I was told to call in January when I was about 6 months from wanting surgery. The consult is $250.00. Credit card billing can be used also. I plan to get "flyer miles" and then pay it off right away. I'm saving money from my part time job and I start drawing SS next March. That will be a gift to me.

Hope this helps. I have the contact numbers at home but if you call the UW and tell them you want to speak to someone in the Residency program and that you want info on plastic surgery they will be able to help you.

Karen C

Holly M.
on 7/7/10 11:33 am
Topic: RE: Residency program at the University of WA - plastic surgery

Hi,
Can you tell me what the process was like?  Did you just call and make an appointment or did you have to get a referal?  How long did it take to get an appointment?  How long after your appointment was your surgery?  Was the after care covered in the price?  Anything else we should know....lol???
~HB

The best way to predict the future is to invent it! ~Alan Kay
Hugs,      
  ~Holly

bahiagrl59
on 7/6/10 5:12 pm
Topic: RE: Plastic Surgeons, do u know a great one?? Please share.
Mhy fav is Dr. Gross. I have used him for YEARS...he is here in Mt. Vernon. He is so good. I have had so much skin cancer taken off and you would never know it. He also has a state of the art cosmetic surgery center. I keep telling him if I move he moves with meROFL He is so awesome. Truly...I dont like doctors and I am a wuss. Hope I helped. Kelly
Helen_Anne
on 7/6/10 1:48 pm - Bremerton, WA
Topic: RE: Surgery on Wednesday
I know you will do great tomorrow!!!  The liquid phase will pass quickly!! Keep us posted on how you are doing!

Helen

Consult W/Surgery W/Revision W/Goal W
332.5/302.6/231/200

Nancy L.
on 7/5/10 9:38 am - University Place, WA
Topic: Surgery on Wednesday
My surgery is Wednesday morning, guess I'm starting to stress feeling all cranky and kinda weepy that could be the 9 days on sugar free liquids and protein shakes too I guess.  Decided not to go to work tomorrow don't need the added stress and all the food smells that come from the break room will just make hungier at this point.  Realy wish Wednesday would just get here the count down is making me crazy.

Nancy
Dapme
on 7/4/10 8:02 am - kingwood, TX
Topic: RE: DS Support Group meeting....Tukwila
You Beat me to it........lol...

See you there!

Denise
vitalady
on 7/3/10 1:51 pm - Puyallup, WA
RNY on 10/05/94
Topic: RE: Plastic Surgeons, do u know a great one?? Please share.
Sepehr Egrari MD FACS
Plastic Surgery Center
2950 Northup Way
Suite 100
Bellevue, Washington 98004
Tel (425) 827-7878
Fax (425) 827-5188
www.egrari.com

or

Gavin Dry
13114 120th Ave NE
Kirkland, WA 98034
www.gavindry.com

[email protected]

425-821-6000

Michelle
RNY, distal, 10/5/94 

P.S.  My year + long absence has NOTHING to do with my WLS, or my type of WLS. See my profile.

gail *
on 7/3/10 9:05 am - Seattle, WA
Topic: DS Support Group meeting....Tukwila
Hi Everyone!

Just a reminder that the monthly DS support group meeting will take place this Saturday.

Date: July 10th
Time:  3:00pm
 Place: The Sizzler... Tukwila... back room.

Hop to see you there!

Gail
Dickson
on 7/3/10 4:58 am - Port Orchard, WA
VSG on 07/30/10 with
Topic: RE: Props to Madigan
We also have done the Pathway at Madigan and the best word I can use is TEAM.  They are all onboard with this and with making this a sucess for you as well.  Very happy with Madigan.  Getting sleeved on the 30th whoooooooooooohooooooooooo!!!
Most Active