Recent Posts

stephbens
on 7/13/10 3:02 am
Topic: DS support in the North End
Hey,  I had DS on June 29th.  Is there a support group in the north end.  I'm in Lake Stevens
bahiagrl59
on 7/12/10 1:35 pm
Topic: RE: Leap of Faith , heading to Mexico
Good luck I hope all goes well for you!! Look forward to hearing of your experience.
bahiagrl59
on 7/12/10 1:29 pm
Topic: RE: back from hospital again
I am sure glad that someone is mentioning God in all this:) Why did you go back in...And what is a stricture. Isnt that for lap band? Thanks Blessings. kelly
bahiagrl59
on 7/12/10 1:27 pm
Topic: I need some encouragement...People are scaring me...
Have my pregastric doctor appt August 11th. Then schedule surgery. I have been hearing horror stories. I swear!! My neighbors hubby died of stroke after it and her best friend died of a "fat clot"? I just prayed and researched. I asked God that if it were for me to please let it happen. And it is. So I know I should be confident. However, I just need to keep in mind the percentage of anything happening to me is  low. I only have a small hbp problem and nothing else. Little asthma. I am active and 230lbs....I have to remember the people that died were very overweight and sick to begin with. I guess I would like to know if anyone has had like really bad stuff happen...I was so sure and I guess I am scared alittle..Which is unusual when I make up my mind.

thanks Kelly
Holly M.
on 7/12/10 11:53 am
Topic: RE: Residency program at the University of WA - plastic surgery
Hey Kathy!  I think I'm gonna give them a call tomorrow if I can figure out the right phone number...lol!!  I guess I'll just call the main board and hope they can transfer me to the right dept... Wish me Luck!!!

~HB
The best way to predict the future is to invent it! ~Alan Kay
Hugs,      
  ~Holly

Holly M.
on 7/12/10 11:49 am
Topic: RE: Residency program at the University of WA - plastic surgery
Karen,
Thank you for the info. I would love to get that phone number from u!  My email is [email protected]
~HB
The best way to predict the future is to invent it! ~Alan Kay
Hugs,      
  ~Holly

FabBy50 .
on 7/11/10 9:17 am - Everett, WA
Topic: RE: Plastic Surgeons, do u know a great one?? Please share.
Dr. Downey at Northwest hospital is very good. He did my mastectomy, reconstruction and tummy tuck. He also did a breast reduction for my sister. He is rated as one of the top docs in the Seattle area. I like my results very much!!
LisaAnn
on 7/11/10 8:07 am - WA
Topic: RE: Question about referral to Madigan and surgeons
I am not sure either of the new pathway, but I do know that they have a new coordinator, so hopefully that will streamline things quite a bit!

Yes, Dr. Martin deployed on May 13th. He did my hernia surgery / tummy tuck the day before he left. (Boy was I thankful he squeezed me in, as he did a phenominal job!!!).

As for other DS surgeons, I am not sure of that, but I would definietly inquire. I really love my DS life, and like to shout from the rooftops what a great surgery this has been! I had a pouch with my VBG in 2006, and really hated it, but now, with the DS, I am just like pre-op, well, except for the weight loss, but no issues, problems or anything....I am very grateful for my DS!

I hope you find the answers you are seeking and that your referral moves along fast!!!

Lisa

229 / 148/ 135
Open DS Surgery with Dr. Martin @ Madigan 
Revision from 2006 - VBG
Hernia repair and tummy tuck - 05/12/2010

writerscrawlz
on 7/11/10 2:36 am - Cheney, WA
Topic: RE: back from hospital again
I hear ya!  My dog is going to a 72 acre farm - a chance for him to be a real collie for the first time in his life! 

Also, sadly, the vomiting started again
Nancy L.
on 7/10/10 9:46 am - University Place, WA
Topic: RE: Surgery on Wednesday
Surgery went very well, got home yesterday afternoon and doing well with the liquids and waking.  Glad to finally be getting down to the real work now. 

Thank you for all the good wishes and prayers.

Nancy
Most Active