Recent Posts

Stephanie T.
on 7/19/10 2:14 pm - Seattle, WA
Topic: RE: Need a support group (Sleeve) by Seatac Airport!
I got on here tonight kind of for the same reason. I am having exsterm doubts about what i have done. My surgery was on June2nd 2010. I have lost 53 lbs. But I havn't been able to get out of this emotional rut! I have three kids at home I cook more for them know then before, I am not wanting to eat. I pretty much stick to grape juice, no sugar popsicals, and my protein drinks. But the protein drinks do me in for a good hour or so after drinking them!! not fun! I have discomfort evetime I put any kind of food in my mouth. Yes i am excited about the lose of weight, but everyone around me ask me all the time is it worth it! YES YES! it is worth it, a chance to have myself back, instead of hiding all the time, yes it is and was worth it! I am sorry if I am not much help the main reason for me to reply was to let you know that there are other people out here that are going through the same things. Use the web for help. As I plan on doing too!

Best wishes to you my dear, and everyone that takes the time to say hello!

Stephanie

Stephanie T.
on 7/19/10 2:11 pm - Seattle, WA
Topic: Need a support group (Sleeve) by Seatac Airport!
I am searching for help in South Seattle by the airport! I have so many doubts and so many question! HELP!

LisaAnn
on 7/19/10 1:02 pm - WA
Topic: RE: Plastic surgery
Congratulations, that is really exciting!!

Lisa

229 / 148/ 135
Open DS Surgery with Dr. Martin @ Madigan 
Revision from 2006 - VBG
Hernia repair and tummy tuck - 05/12/2010

LisaAnn
on 7/19/10 1:01 pm - WA
Topic: RE: DS support in the North End
I sure wish there were! I am in Marysville, and so far I have not found one. Tukwila is the closest. Maybe if more of us crop up, we can start our own!!!!

Congrats on your DS!!! Hope recovery is going well!!

Lisa

229 / 148/ 135
Open DS Surgery with Dr. Martin @ Madigan 
Revision from 2006 - VBG
Hernia repair and tummy tuck - 05/12/2010

jcheryld
on 7/18/10 9:15 am
I have been trying to find any info about the UW Med School PS program to no avail. If you could pass on any info, phone #'s, or website links, that would be great. Also, in comparison to other PS quotes you got, are you saving considerably going through UW? Thanks!
Pregnancy%20ticker
Make a pregnancy ticker  

Hit goal 10/31/09!  RNY!!!

karen C.
on 7/18/10 7:51 am - Kennewick, WA
 Love that new photo! What a transformation!!!

Karen C

Dapme
on 7/18/10 5:12 am - kingwood, TX
Topic: RE: DS support in the North End
Hi there! Hope your recovering effortlessly!

There is a DS support group on the 2nd Saturday of every month that takes
Place at the Sizzler in Tukwila. (southcenter). It begins at 3pm in the back room.

There are alot if Shrikanth patients who attend! Hope to see you there.

Denise 
karen C.
on 7/18/10 1:09 am - Kennewick, WA
Congrats Kathleen! I hope to have an upper thigh lift at U of WA late next summer. Gotta save money first. Have a lower body lift 3 yrs ago and that took my savings. I'll be interested to hear about your experience. If you are like me and have a large hangin panni, it will be such a wonderful change for you. Doctors removed 17 lbs of excess sking from me. I made a world of difference. Best wishes, just two weeks away!

Karen C

Hislady
on 7/17/10 7:47 am - Vancouver, WA
Topic: RE: Taking my first steps
All I can say is if it were me I'd absolutely go RNY as you can see I have a band and all I lost was 25 lbs. No matter what I did that was it because I can't exersize enough to burn off anymore calories. I definately needed a malabsorptive procedure and fully regret going with the band.
vitalady
on 7/17/10 6:03 am - Puyallup, WA
RNY on 10/05/94
Topic: RE: Taking my first steps
You are nearly my stats. I was (am) 5'1", 262.

I think the questions might be how much wt do you want to lose? how much do you want to keep off?

I lost 150-ish (160 at the moment) and that was 16yrs ago. I had bypass. I lost my sleep apnea, which was the one that was killing me. Lost my asthma in 30 days. I think I missed dsiabetes by only a year or so.

Had I had lapband, I suspect my wt now would be around 190 or so, had it been successful, according to long term european stats. Instead, I'm between 105-115.

It's up to you. No, it wasn't a free pass, but when I work my plan, it DOES work.

Michelle
RNY, distal, 10/5/94 

P.S.  My year + long absence has NOTHING to do with my WLS, or my type of WLS. See my profile.

Most Active