Recent Posts

dragonflydiva
on 7/29/10 8:14 am
Topic: New with a question
Hello! I am living just north of Vancouver and have made the decision to get surgery. Actually, I think I've decided to do the sleeve and if my insurance goes like the rep on the phone said it would, I should be good to go. I can go through the surgeon my doctor recommended but I'm wondering if there is something else out there. Let me explain.

This spring I had a hysterectomy. My doctor recommended a surgeon at the local hopsital but I saw a commercial for another smaller facility that also took my insurance. Very personal care where I was their priority and just about everything I wanted was catered to.  In fact, I think I was their only surgery that day. I had no idea this was even a choice until I made the call. They even sent me a get well gift to my home the next day.  Now I'm feeling a little spoiled.   I'm wondering if there are smaller facilites for WLS as well. I'm willing to travel up to Seattle if neccesary. And if not, I';ll stick with the hospital down here and be happy. lol But I thought it couldn't hurt to ask.
Pam M.
on 7/26/10 2:34 pm - WA
Topic: RE: Plastic Surgeon Recommendation Please
I bookmarked this thread last October, where Dr. Dry gets a lot of recommendations:

www.obesityhelp.com/forums/WA/4034807/Seattle-Area-Plastics- Recommendations/

Dr. Dry was one of the names that my surgeon gave me at my last appt. I have not had plastic surgery yet, but I plan on having my initial consult with Dr. Dry, based on my surgeon's recommendation, and then seeing his name on the above thread.

Here is Dr. Dry's website:

www.gavindry.com/

~My story on my revision to RNY from the lap-band is in my profile~

FabBy50 .
on 7/26/10 1:58 am - Everett, WA
Topic: RE: Plastic Surgeon Recommendation Please
Dr. Downey at NW hospital is very good. I don't know anything about Dr. Marosan. Good luck!
mrs.mitchell
on 7/24/10 11:44 am - Bremerton, WA
Topic: RE: To sleeve or not to sleeve?
Thank you for your reply. I guess I'll have to wait and see what the dr. say's. I am defnitly not a fan of the lap band. I know that that would not be the best option for me.
Helen_Anne
on 7/24/10 10:20 am - Bremerton, WA
What I am hearing about the sleeve is that its almost as good as the RNY... without the dumping syndrome!

I think I would have choosen the sleeve if I had had that option... but I DO love my RNY!!!

You may need to be more carefull about what you eat since there is not much of  malabsorption component to the sleeve... you will have to be more carefull about what you eat.

Keep us updated.

Helen

Consult W/Surgery W/Revision W/Goal W
332.5/302.6/231/200

Hislady
on 7/22/10 2:45 pm - Vancouver, WA
From what I've been reading on the sleeve board it seems to be pretty effective, just don't waste your money on a lap band! Good luck whatever you decide on.
mrs.mitchell
on 7/22/10 2:19 pm - Bremerton, WA
Topic: To sleeve or not to sleeve?
This is my very first post, I've been going thrue the pathway since May. I have an appt. on Aug. 11th to get my surgery date and I am so confused. I keep flopping like a fish on what I want. I've read a ton of good review's on sleeve's but I'm still worried. I need to lose 85 pounds and I'm not shure if I'll be able to do it with a sleeve. I'm only 33 and don't have any medical issues other than weight right now. I do have a ton of health issues in my family history thow. I was able to lose 63 pounds with the help of a trainer but never broke 200 and gained almost 25 pounds of that back since nov. I just don't want to go thrue this surgery for nothing.
Susan O.
on 7/22/10 7:07 am - Tacoma, WA
RNY on 06/27/07 with
Topic: It's TTNT time (Note: Location change)
Hi Everyone!

Please join us at the Thru Thick N' Thin WLS Support Group Meeting on
Monday, July 26, 2010 from 5:30pm until 7:30pm . We are meeting at Fire Station 6-1, 114th & A St. in Parkland. From Hwy 512 take the Pacific Ave (Hwy 7) exit south. Take a left on 112th Street, travel approx. 2 blocks to A Street, and turn right. Travel 2 blocks south to 114th St., and the FS is on the right. Come in the back door, or ask for the meeting room. 
    Looking forward to seeing all you losers!!

Susan 

www.obesityhelp.com/group/ttnt/

RNY 6/2007   120 pounds lost - GOAL!!

Susan O.
on 7/22/10 7:00 am - Tacoma, WA
RNY on 06/27/07 with
Topic: RE: support group Puyallup area?
Hi Pamela,
   Please join us at the Thru Thick N' Thin WLS Support Group Meeting on
Monday, July 26, 2010 from 5:30pm until 7:30pm . We are open to all surgery types, and even non-surgical weight loss persons that desire support.  I'm sure you will find it helpful and interesting. We are meeting at Fire Station 6-1, 114th & A St. in Parkland. From Hwy 512 take the Pacific Ave (Hwy 7) exit south. Take a left on 112th Street, travel approx. 2 blocks to A Street, and turn right. Travel 2 blocks south to 114th St., and the FS is on the right. Come in the back door, or ask for the meeting room.
Looking forward to meeting you!
Susan

Susan 

www.obesityhelp.com/group/ttnt/

RNY 6/2007   120 pounds lost - GOAL!!

EverydayJoan
on 7/21/10 2:56 pm - Yelm, WA
Topic: Boughie size at Madigan
Does anyone who was sleeved at Madigan know what boughie size your surgeon used? Is there a military standard or does it vary by surgeon?

Thanks,

Joan

Most Active