Recent Posts

pam H.
on 8/2/10 9:59 am - Renton, WA
Topic: RE: New with a question
Personally, I would focus on finding the best surgeon for your surgery type, rather than the hospital. I wouldn't want to be in a place where I was their only surgery that day! You want a surgeon who has done alot of surgeries!! You will have a long term relationship with your surgeon, and will need to find one that you feel comfortable communicating with, should you have any difficulties along the road. I had a great hospital experience, and was there for less than 48 hours, but I wasn't "catered to". Don't base your choice on marketing . You are choosing a surgeon and a hospital, not a spa ! I don't mean to sound harsh, but this is serious business, and you owe it to yourself to do some research. Good luck to you!

allysonmccombs
on 7/31/10 1:18 am - Seattle, WA
I have really appreciated the care I've recieved from Dr. Chebli at NW hospital here in Seattle. I do think that staying in your current area would be better though for after care and support group. We have a pretty active support group at NW hosp but it seems a little far to drive once a month even.

Just my two cents..Happy hunting!
Ally
So often times it happens that we live our lives in chains
And we never even know we have the key.
The Eagles

mrs.mitchell
on 7/30/10 4:48 am - Bremerton, WA
Topic: RE: To sleeve or not to sleeve?
Thank you mini for youre post. I just want to make shure that I will be able to lose all the weight that I need to. I"m counting down the day's until I get my surgery dat. I am so ready to start living life. Congralation's on you'r success. I hope to be where you are in the near future!
Mini.me
on 7/30/10 3:11 am
I have not used them, but I have friends that rave about http://pugetsoundsurgicalcenter.com/.

They have an office in Bellingham, WA which is closer to you than Seattle.

Puget Sound Surgical Center
Birchwood Medical Center,
470-C Birchwood Ave. Bellingham, WA 98225

(425) 778-2220
Toll Free 1-877- LIV-AGAIN (548-2424)

Revision from Sleeve to DS (with re-Sleeve) on 10/10/17. Slow and steady ...

Mini.me
on 7/30/10 3:07 am
Topic: RE: To sleeve or not to sleeve?
I had the sleeve in January and have dropped 60 pounds.  I have 8 to go until I hit my goal.  155 was my nut and psych goal, but I felt 135 was a better option.

With 85 pounds to lose, you are considered a lightweight as well.  My doctor felt that I could lose all I needed to with the sleeve.  Looks like he was right!

Good luck - let me know if you have questions.

Revision from Sleeve to DS (with re-Sleeve) on 10/10/17. Slow and steady ...

dragonflydiva
on 7/29/10 3:11 pm
Bad shift is my fear. But i'm trying not to put too much energy into it. I think that is why I was curious if there is a smaller facility that does WLS in the state or even Portland.

Is there a chance you can have the sleeve in the future?
Hislady
on 7/29/10 2:05 pm - Vancouver, WA
The goods thing about the hospital is you would be in the new wing, Firstenburg Tower. I've been there several times for orthopedic as well as my band and have been treated great , but i have had some people say it was awful. I don't know if they expected to be waited on hand and foot or just got a bad shift. I suppose any hospital is short staffed these days but I never personally had any problems there.Wishing you the best of luck on your surgery, wish I had done the sleeve myself!
kaiti1965
on 7/29/10 12:48 pm - Wenatchee, WA
Topic: A OH SH*T moment, what to do?
Ok today my DH gets a phone call from the loan company I took my medical loan out with, stating we need to re-apply for our medical loan for my surgery as the loan did not get completed? He calls me in a panic, I call them, only to find out that when I applied for the loan the doc who was doing the surgery is also responisble for signing a page of the loan. He has to sign this page, stating he accepts the terms of the loan and will get funded thru them. If not the loan expires and he does not get payment.  Well guess what, he didnt get the page signed and turned in? So what this means is HE DOES NOT GET PAID FOR my surgery that was completed last Friday afternoon.   At this point I have contacted my patient co-ordinator, and she has said let them contact me. I know the Drs. office has been contacted by the Loan company that there will be no payment due to him dropping the ball.   I need feed back,

WHAT THE HECK WOULD YOU DO IN THIS SITUATION?

I dont want to screw anyone, but prior to me leaving for surgery I spoke to all three people. The loan people, the pt co-ordinator, and the Dr.s office, to make sure all was in order. They said yes.  I was flying 3000 miles for this surgery to Mexico and did not want any problems financially or medically.   Then thi****s.... now what?
dragonflydiva
on 7/29/10 9:32 am
Thanks for the quick reply. I was referred to Dr. Cagle and have gone to the first informational class where Dr. Dally was speaking. I've heard great things about both surgeons and good and bad about the hospital in general.  It's nice to hear good from you! :)
Hislady
on 7/29/10 9:03 am - Vancouver, WA
I used Dr. Dally and he and all the staff there are just wonderful! He and his associate Dr. Cagle are now doing the sleeve. Also the treatment at SWMC was supurb, great care all the way around. I would highly urge you to talk to them.
Most Active