Recent Posts

mrs.mitchell
on 8/5/10 4:58 am - Bremerton, WA
Topic: RE: Boughie size at Madigan
I'll have the same surgeon also. I get my surgery date on the 11th. What do you two think about Madigan?
sweetkathleen
on 8/5/10 2:18 am - Seattle, WA
Topic: OH Magazine
OMG!!! Tonight was WLS support group night. I walked into the room and the first thing I heard is "Kathleen, did you know that you are a celebrity"? I said "WHAT!!!!" The social worker opens the magazine and there was my picture in the magazine. I am in the obesity help magazine!!

Here is the picture.

sweetkathleen
on 8/5/10 2:03 am - Seattle, WA
sweetkathleen
on 8/5/10 1:57 am - Seattle, WA
MzScarlett
on 8/3/10 10:30 am - Seattle, WA
MzScarlett
on 8/3/10 10:12 am, edited 8/3/10 10:13 am - Seattle, WA
Topic: RE: Plastic Surgeon Recommendation Please
 I'm nowhere near the PS phase, but have done some some preliminary research. Dr. Dry is supposedly one of the best plastic surgeons in the country. You know it's a good sign when doctors rave about other doctors!

Dr. Marosan looks like a great doc, too! I'm particularly impressed with his breast lift pictures. It's probably worth consulting with more than one doctor.

Good luck! I can't wait to hear what you decide. :)
dragonflydiva
on 8/3/10 5:06 am
Topic: RE: New with a question
Every surgery is serious business. It doesn't mean you have to take second class treatment... ever. There are excellent nurses and doctors out there in every facility. But if we're being harshly honest... in the hospital setting, even the great ones are over worked.

My hyst surgeon is one of the best in his field in this area. He's done more surgeries than the surgeon I would have gone to at the hospital.  I researched extensively before I decided to do the hysterectomy at all and in the end he fell into my lap by way of marketing. I still researched him and his credentials before hiring him and  I still have a great relationship with him as he's become my primary gynacologist now. 

But with that said... why not a spa? Or at least a spa-like atmosphere? I was the only patient and I was absolutely catered to... and I got excellent, excellent service. My anesthesia issues were addressed directly and because the anestesiologist had no where else to be, he really focused on me and in the end this is the first surgery I wasn't violently ill after, and the first time I was really listened to rather than being talked at. Why don't I deserve that every time? Why don't you?

My question was... is there a facility like that in the WLS world? If not, it is still worth it to me to have the surgery at the hopsital and I'm sure everything will be fantastic! But if there is something similar, I want the opportunity to check it out.

It's never too late to be what you might have been. ~ George Eliot  

5'10"  Pre-op 315  SW 307  CW 216 SGW 174 MGW 160

Mrs-stick
on 8/2/10 12:01 pm - Orting, WA
Topic: Dr Hanafy anyone???
Ok so I found out that Dr Aloerovich is working out of Dr Hanafy's office. I have finished my six month waiting period. woot woot! So now my Dr will be Dr Hanafy. Does anyone know of him?
Nascarfanjw
on 8/2/10 10:51 am - Olympia, WA
RNY on 08/10/10 with
Topic: RE: Boughie size at Madigan
Hi Joan,  I just noticed that we are about 3 days apart in our surgery dates.  I am having mine on the 10th of August.   I guess we might overlap and see each other in the hospital.  We have the same surgeon as well.  I am getting very nervous.  How are you doing?  I wish you well and a speedy recovery.    Jenny
WandaWooley
on 8/2/10 10:08 am
Topic: Champva and plastic surgery
I am trying to find out if anyone who has Champva insurance has ever had any plast/reconstructive surgery approved and what procedure(s) did they approve.

So far I know they will cover a panniecultomy (sp?)

Also if you know of any doctors in Washington State that will accept Champva payment.

Thank you so much!

God Bless,

Felice
Most Active