Recent Posts

RNYMom
on 8/9/10 4:06 pm - Lacey, WA
Topic: RE: Where are you in Washington? Care to share a few details about yourself?
I'm a 54 yr old, living and working in Olympia.  Over 10 years post-op.  Lost almost 200 pounds within first 2 years.  Kept most of the weight off for first 5 years, but I have regained half of what I lost over the last 5 years.  In fact, thanks to a bad snack habit, I have lost and gained the same 40 pounds a few times over and over, I am back up to 255 today, so I'm once again committed to getting back on track, using my tool to regain control of my life. 

330 / 150 / 255 / 180 (highest / lowest / current / goal)
Awterpop
on 8/9/10 1:37 pm
Topic: RE: Where are you in Washington? Care to share a few details about yourself?
Hi

I'm 52 (53 next week) living and working in the Tacoma area. I had my DS surgery 7/13/10 so I'm 4 weeks out.  Enjoying litle bits of smushy foods.

There are lots of us on here, but most of the time we seem to go to the board that holds the intertest in our surgery.  But don't worry, if you have a question and can't get it answered on a surgical board..someone here will come to the rescue. 

Cindy       
Nancy L.
on 8/9/10 8:12 am - University Place, WA

I'm 49 F in Tacoma WA, I had a DS done 7/7/10 still home recovering it was an open revision.  Things are going well and I'm very happy with my choice so far.

I work in Tacoma, I love to go dancing, and all the usual things people do for fun, looking forward to getting to know you guys.

Nancy

MzScarlett
on 8/9/10 7:55 am - Seattle, WA
Topic: Where are you in Washington? Care to share a few details about yourself?
 Hi! The WA board seems to be very slow, I thought it would be fun if we could introduce ourselves and share some of our weight loss experiences. 

I'm a 29F in Seattle. I've been fighting with insurance to pay for my WLS for almost a year now, and was told they won't pay for my surgery until the end of next year. I was recently laid off, and have elected to self-pay while I have this down time. I just want to get my life back, ya know? I will be getting the VSG hopefully next month! I'm excited, yet extremely nervous at the same time.

For fun I like movies, playing with my dog, socializing with friends, spending time with the husband, gardening, reading, wine, playing in the Seattle sunshine (where is it?) and of course FOOD! Why do we have to have so many wonderful restaurants around?

I'm looking forward to hearing from some fellow Washingtonians! Hope you're all having a good summer. 
gail *
on 8/8/10 5:56 am - Seattle, WA
Topic: DS Support Group meeting....Tukwila

Hi Everyone!

Just a reminder, the monthly DS support group meeting will take place this Saturday.

Date: Aug. 14th
Time: 3:00pm
Place:  The Sizzler's.....Tukwila... back room.

Hope to see you there!

Gail

(deactivated member)
on 8/7/10 12:22 pm - .., WA
Topic: RE: A OH SH*T moment, what to do?
Im sure buried in the paperwork you signed a page that says you agree to ultimately pay the bill. So, if I were you Id raise the roof someplace before you get sued.

Maybe another loan company?
etsdetail
on 8/6/10 11:08 am - Lake Stevens, WA
Topic: Support Group in Snohomish Co area
I am relatively new here and had my rny on June 30th. I live in Lake Stevens and the only support group close to me is in Bellevue. I REALLY need to find a support group that is in the Snohomish county area.

If there currently isn't one, I would be willing to get one started.

~Lorna
dragonflydiva
on 8/6/10 5:40 am
Topic: RE: OH Magazine
Very nice!!!
 It's never too late to be what you might have been. ~ George Eliot  

5'10"  Pre-op 315  SW 307  CW 216 SGW 174 MGW 160

Awterpop
on 8/5/10 12:34 pm
Topic: RE: Dr Hanafy anyone???
Sorry, wish I could help.  But I just wanted to say congratulations  
Cindy