Recent Posts

Linda W.
on 8/16/10 2:58 am - Vancouver, WA
Topic: RE: Where are you in Washington? Care to share a few details about yourself?

Hi, I'm Linda.
Two years out & down 185#. I live in Vancouver (Washington). Life is good, to say the least! I now am able to do things I never dreamed.

My husband & I have a 32' travel trailer & visit as many states as time will allow on vacation. This year Oregon, Washington & Idaho.

Wishing you all success in your journey

Linda
"I can do ALL things through CHRIST who gives me strength" Phil. 4:13 

WandaWooley
on 8/15/10 2:20 pm
Topic: RE: Champva and plastic surgery
Thanks for the info Tee...Do you live in California? Or did you travel there to a CITI hosp? If so which hosp in CA (there are several listed as taking CITI patients...but when I have called I have gotten through to people that do not know what I am talking about) did you go to and who did you talk to, what procedures did they cover etc, what surgeon did you have, did you have to fly in for a consult, etc? So glad to have found someone who has gone through this! I appreciate any and all info you have... This whole process has been frustrating! ChampVa covered my lap band surgery in Jan 2004 (not CITI)
Thanks and God Bless you for your help!
Felice
PinkFlamingoes
on 8/15/10 1:26 pm - Buckley, WA
Topic: RE: Where are you in Washington? Care to share a few details about yourself?
My name is Kathy , I'm almost 4 years out from having a medial RNY . I'll be 49 next week , have been raising two grandkids for over 9 years & live in Buckley . I love gardening , walking , traveling , & collecting autographs .

PinkFlamingoes
on 8/15/10 1:11 pm - Buckley, WA
Topic: RE: OH Magazine
It must be a Kathleen thing ☺ I was in there about 6 months ago . Congratulations ! They sent me extra copies . They didn't notify you ? Email them & I bet they'll send you a few .

tee t.
on 8/15/10 12:02 pm
Topic: RE: Champva and plastic surgery
I went to a CITI site for some of my plastics.  Unfortunately, that mean California. BUT, I insisted on a board certified surgeon (I do not consent to being seen by students!) and got a real Beverly Hills doc!

Otherwise, few will take CHAMPVA. They want prior approval even though it is not required and they will point to cosmetics even though the provision is under bariatric surgery.  You must have had CHAMPVA pay for the WLS to be covered. No travel expenses covered, but no copays, either.

CYA with ChampVA!

JIB 1986
revised to RNY 2004
plastics 2004,2006, 2009
Amy Farrah Fowler
on 8/14/10 5:34 pm
I'm 45 F in Olympia. I had DS in India, and my hobbies now are much more strenuous than they were before my surgery, lol.

Today, I went wake boarding and jet skiing, and during the winter we have season ski passes so go at least several days a week. We swim a lot when it's this warm. We like to travel too, and some of these things weren't even possible for me before losing around 170 pounds. I have to make up for lost time now.
Dickson
on 8/14/10 2:06 pm - Port Orchard, WA
VSG on 07/30/10 with
Topic: RE: Doing Great 2weeks Out!
Mrs Mitchell,
You are in great hands with Dr. Sebesta.  He really takes care of business and makes sure everything is good to go.  Go in with a positive attitude and realize this is MAJOR surgery, so you will be a little sore and uncomfortable BUT nothing that you can't handle.  Just take it slow in the hospital and try and get up soon and often after the surgery to start the real healing process.  The more you move the better you will do.  I did so many laps around my floor and up and down the elevator to visit my wife I lost track!  We got put on different floors so our meds would not be mistaken.  My wife saw here primary care Dr and she is already off BP meds as well as the stuff for her diabitis.  Her blood suger levels are great and so is her BP is perfect. whoohoo!
You will do great, congrats and keep letting us know how it's going.

mrs.mitchell
on 8/14/10 12:51 pm - Bremerton, WA
Topic: RE: Doing Great 2weeks Out!
Thankyou for posting! I was wondering how things where going. I had my coonsult with dr.Sebesta on wensday and have a operation date for the 24th of Sep. i haven't seen very many people on here who are going thrue the miltary for their surgery. Who did your wife have? Hofelly I will have the same great exsperence as you!
Mini.me
on 8/14/10 9:33 am
Topic: RE: Support Group in Snohomish Co area
I will be there.  Looking forward to meeting you.  It is a really great group.

Revision from Sleeve to DS (with re-Sleeve) on 10/10/17. Slow and steady ...

etsdetail
on 8/14/10 5:00 am - Lake Stevens, WA
Topic: RE: Support Group in Snohomish Co area
Thanks so much, I will do my best to make it to this one. Hope to see you there.

~Lorna
Most Active