Recent Posts

(deactivated member)
on 4/11/14 5:41 pm
with
Topic: RE: Bariatric Surgery at Madigan/Fort Lewis/Wellness Test question

Hello I do have a question... I would like to know when I see my PCM here at NHB Bremerton what packet/check list do I need to ask her for? 

Plyter
on 4/11/14 9:05 am
Topic: RE: Patient-led Bariatric Support Group

Can you tell me the times of this meeting and if the group is still active? Will I learn the process to getting started on how to get approved for surgery through Madigan? 

Plyter
on 4/11/14 9:01 am
Topic: RE: Madigan weight loss surgery support group

Do these meetings still take place? If not do you know of any in the area. I am trying to learn the process on how to get started with weight loss surgery through Madigan. 

Thank you 

patti

Plyter
on 4/10/14 12:54 pm
Topic: RE: Patient-led Bariatric Support Group

I am a spouse of a retired Army 1Sgt, is this group open to anyone? I would like to learn about the process it takes to be a candidate for surgery. Is this the group for me? If so what time on Thursdays do you meet?

Oxford Comma Hag
on 4/7/14 6:21 am, edited 4/7/14 6:22 am
Topic: The Meltaways Meet in Fife 04/08/2014

We meet at the Poodle Dog in Fife at 6:30pm the second Tuesday of the month. Everyone is welcome. This month is clothing/jewelry/accessories exchange as well.

ETA: Yes, it is a restaurant, but you are not obligated to eat.

I fight badgers with spoons.

National Suicide Prevention Lifeline: 800-273-8255

Suicidepreventionlifeline.org

Turquoisegal
on 4/7/14 3:32 am - Belfair, WA
Topic: HELP I NEED A BARIATRIC NUTRITION

In order for me to be preapproved by dshs I have to see a physiologist (I have) and a Nutritionist then my paper work can be submitted. DSHS only approves the surgery at UW MEDICAL CENTER. They wont even see me until approved. Problem is I need to get a apt scheduled soon so I can get the ball rolling! Any help would so be appreciated! I have Mediciad insurance only.

netta
on 3/20/14 6:49 pm, edited 1/8/15 3:59 pm
Topic: Patient-led Bariatric Support Group

JBLM patient led Bariatric Support Group,we meet every thursday at the AFCS Buiding on Ft Lewis,12th and Liggett,across from the Waller Hall.This is an ALL MILITARY based support group for any who has questions /concerns and looking for support for all of the Bariatric surgeries offered at MAMC,we meet 5-7 pm,come early or late ,just come.

This group has been active for over 12 yrs,we are approved by the surgeons at Madigan and counts for monthly meetings for the bariatric surgeries(?) for tuesdays group.

We also have surgery friendly potlucks/clothing exchanges,

I am the Point of Contact for this group,

So please give us a try,your support person is also encouraged to attend

Redd Coleman

wdp1015
on 3/10/14 12:33 pm
Topic: Fife Support Group

Hello, This is a reminder that the fife support group is tomorrow (3/11)  We meet at the Poodle Dog in Fife at 6:30 in the back room between the bar and the kitchen.  Bring some excercise ideas or questions.  There is no clothing exchange this month as it is an odd month.

See you there.

hipswishingvinegarball
on 3/6/14 2:41 pm
Topic: RE: South sound support group?

Tumwater had a group a few years ago, but not sure they still do.

Most Active