Recent Posts

Mini.me
on 8/23/10 12:44 pm
Topic: RE: To sleeve or not to sleeve?
So sorry I missed this.  Your appt has come and gone.  What did you decide?

Revision from Sleeve to DS (with re-Sleeve) on 10/10/17. Slow and steady ...

Hislady
on 8/23/10 12:08 pm - Vancouver, WA
Topic: RE: Support Group wanted
I would think there is because I believe there is a bariatric surgeon there. If not there is a group that meets down in Vancouver, WA which isn't too awfully far. If you don't find one in your area PM me and I'll send info on the Vancouver group. Welcome to the great NW if you can survive the rain later you'll love the area.
(deactivated member)
on 8/23/10 10:53 am - Santa Cruz, CA
Topic: Support Group wanted
Hi--I'm moving to Longview/Kelso, Washington, in the near future and was wondering if there were any support groups in that area.  I'm willing to travel to reach a group.

Thanks,
jcork
on 8/23/10 1:51 am - Spokane, WA
Topic: RE: Have my first appt with Dr Spitz on Aug 26th, can anyone tell me what to expect?
Hi there,
Thanks for the reply I havent had any reponses and my appt is Wednesday..YIPPPEEE it is my very first actual appt with Rockwood.  I have however already been pre-approved with my iunsurance so I am at least over that hurdle.  So no I havent seen the nutritionist yet? Now is she for after surgery or do I go on a diet with the nutritionist before surgery?

It wouldnt let me view your profile so i was wondering did you have the band? YOU LOOK AMAZING!  You have lost so much, is all that loss been under a year?  OMGosh I have soo many questions; so dont mind me, if you dont have the time to answer them, lol!  If you did have the band, were you really sore after? I have had two vertical c-sections with a pretty serious amount of staples as they were both emergencies.  I think I might be able to relate the both of them to this surgery as far as pain goes...

I was also wondering how soon he schedules the surgery, does he try to get it done right away or are there many factors to consider...I feel like a like a little kid on the night before christmas, LOL I cant remember the last time I was so anxious and exctied!

I appreciate your time and since I havent met anyone or talked to anyone yet its a nice relief to ask  these questions.....Have a great Monday!

Janae
KARA_TOP
on 8/22/10 2:48 pm - richland, WA
Topic: RE: Have my first appt with Dr Spitz on Aug 26th, can anyone tell me what to expect?
I loved Dr. Spitz!  Great personality, good bedside manner, doesnt make you feel like an idiot.  I got to have him only a few months after he joined Rockwood.  YAY Spitz!  I recieved a binder full of nutritional information when I met with the nutritionist in the office, have you done that yet?

All time highest: 370
Started this process: 343
Day of surgery: 281
Current: 150
Goal: 140'ish
Wow thats alot of info
EricW
on 8/22/10 8:00 am, edited 8/22/10 8:05 am - Kettle Falls, WA
Topic: RE: Where are you in Washington? Care to share a few details about yourself?
Im a 47 year old male (I guess the only one in Washington) lol.  I had a DS 2 years ago today.  Life has been better than I could have imagined.  Health is something to be cherished if you are lucky enough to have it. 

I live on the shores of Lake Roosevelt near Kettle Falls.  It really is a great place to live here if you don't mind the trends being a few years late in arriving.  Who's this Madonna chic, and whats all this talk about more than 3 channels on TV.  Well.......its not that bad but you get the idea.  All 4 seasons here in strong force.  I look forward to each of them.

I think it will take way less space to list the things I don't like than the things I do.  Here goes.  I like all things accept:

Tomatoes
Golf on TV
Green peppers
Tomotoes
Dogs in parked cars that scare a turd outa ya when ya walk by
Men with weak hand shakes
Toys or cool man stuff wrapped in plastic so thoroughly that you cant get out your prize even with a chain saw
Tomatoes
And the worst of all would be people/friends who now see me worthy as a friend since my weight loss.  They are more plastic than the wrap around my new super soaker. 

I really like REAL people of all types.  If any of you are ever to the east side, feel free to hit me up and I'll show/share some of Gods country with ya.

Good vibes to all on their WLS journeys.  EW

My sons Josh (far) and Kameron with a hippy bus at Lolo Hot Springs a few weeks ago.  I rode this bus for many years, got quite a chuckle out of it.

[IMG]http://i156.photobucket.com/albums/t21/EricW62/Picture022-3.jpg[/IMG]

All DS 'rs can appreciate this little saying that was on the hood.

[IMG]http://i156.photobucket.com/albums/t21/EricW62/Picture026-1.jpg[/IMG]

Josh & I on a Harley trip to Glacier Park for his 21st this past July 4.

[IMG]http://i156.photobucket.com/albums/t21/EricW62/Picture102.jpg[/IMG]

Me (WSU) and my buddy Al with 2 local young men who both suffered high spinal cord injuries leaving them with no function below the chin.  Al & I put together this shooting rig that allows them to operate a padded chin stick that contols a secured rifle with a camera on the scope so they can see the cross hairs and the target on a 9" hi-def screen.  They sip a straw to fire the rifle.  Both boys are currently successful hunters enjoying the outdoors and will be shooting in disabled competitions soon.

[IMG]http://i156.photobucket.com/albums/t21/EricW62/DSCN0857-1.jpg[/IMG]

Roberts first try with a pellet gun in his back yard.  He did great.

[IMG]http://i156.photobucket.com/albums/t21/EricW62/DSCN0869.jpg[/IMG]

Some of the winter wonderland that we enjoy

[IMG]http://i156.photobucket.com/albums/t21/EricW62/Pics949.jpg[/IMG]

I own/operate a marine contracting business here.  This is a big turbine that we barged to a dam in British Columbia.

[IMG]http://i156.photobucket.com/albums/t21/EricW62/roll37a.jpg[/IMG]

Family photo from our deck.  My wife Kelly & I with our boys and her folks Phil & Gail sitting.  This was weeks before my WLS.  That was the thinnest I had been up to that point.

[IMG]http://i156.photobucket.com/albums/t21/EricW62/roll37a.jpg[/IMG]

This is what day break looks like from my bed in the winter.  I actually shot this looking with the lens right between my feet and through the slider.  Yes I was under the covers sicko's.

[IMG]http://i156.photobucket.com/albums/t21/EricW62/100_4621.jpg[/IMG]

PinkFlamingoes
on 8/21/10 6:30 pm - Buckley, WA
Topic: Off Topic - Fort Flagler

Today , my son Chris , the kids & I went to Fort Flagler . We went to the annual Snohomish tribal celebration . Some of my friends are members & i've wanted to go for a couple of years . OMG - I wish Fort Flagler was closer . It was an absolutely perfect site for my grandkids . Especially since our annual ocean trip on tuesday & wednesday was such a bust .

For anyone who hasn't been there , Fort Flagler is near Port Townsend . It is surrounded by sal****er on three sides . There are camping sites , for those who like to camp . There are picnic areas , a jungle gym , a small store , a rest room , a boat launch , historical interests (bunkers) , etc....

Christopher (14 1/2) was in his glory . He loves anything to do with large bodies of water , especially sal****er . He climbed hills , walked the beaches , saw a pod of Orca's .....At one point he needed my car keys . When he didn't come back , I went to my car . He was asleep . Lol . He is also very proud of his Indian ancestry & enjoyed the drumming , dancing , etc...

Kati really had fun , too . We walked the beaches looking for sea shells & cool rocks . It was a great day .

Susan O.
on 8/18/10 11:26 am - Tacoma, WA
RNY on 06/27/07 with
Topic: Support Group Aug 23 - Location Change
 Please join us at the Thru Thick N' Thin WLS Support Group Meeting on Monday, August 23rd, 2010 from 5:30pm until 7:30pm . We are meeting at Fire Station 6-1, 114th & A St. in Parkland/Tacoma.
  From Hwy 512 take the Pacific Ave (Hwy 7) exit south. Take a left on 112th Street, travel approx. 2 blocks to A Street, and turn right. Travel 2 blocks south to 114th St., and the FS is on the right. Come in the back door, or ask for the meeting room. 

Susan 

www.obesityhelp.com/group/ttnt/

RNY 6/2007   120 pounds lost - GOAL!!

Helen_Anne
on 8/17/10 9:59 am - Bremerton, WA
Topic: RE: Where are you in Washington? Care to share a few details about yourself?
Hi ... I am 55 and  had  RNY on Aug 19, 2008... I can't believe its been almost 2 years since I had surgery.

I had lost about 135 pounds.. but I have gained about 10 pounds back.  I lost both my parents this year... exactly 6 months apart. I started back seeing my dietition and also started to work with a WLS coach.  I want to work through why I have gone back to some of the eating patterns that I had before I had surgery.  I am a night, stess, depression and boredom eater! 

I live in Bremerton.. just moved into a new house... with lots of stairs!  I work in Seattle.  I have a cat... who was very sad that we did not let him keep his new friend the Raccoon in the house!

In Sept, I am going on vacation to Victoria... there are several great biking trails.... so I am looking forward to doing some biking!

I am going to see Geneen Roth when she comes to Seattle in Oct... is anyone else going?

Helen

Consult W/Surgery W/Revision W/Goal W
332.5/302.6/231/200

Mini.me
on 8/16/10 3:17 pm
I'm 41F living in Lake Stevens, WA.  Had my VSG surgery 1/27/10 and am 6 pounds from my original goal.  I say that because as I get closer, I think 125 may be a better goal.  I'm patiently waiting until I hit 135 and then will decide if I need to go lower.

This surgery has been amazing.  I will admit that I haven't been very good with exercise, but I am moving more than I ever did.  I can do housework without being "done" for the day.   I can keep up with the kids and sometimes outlast them!

I attend a WLS Support group in Marysville.  http://pacificnutritionwellness.com/node/651  If you live in the area, check us out - it's a really fun and supportive group.

Revision from Sleeve to DS (with re-Sleeve) on 10/10/17. Slow and steady ...

Most Active