Recent Posts

bahiagrl59
on 9/6/10 3:42 pm
Topic: Dietary Info.....Soy versus lactaid...fish
Told by dietician to use Lactaid instead of my soy milk:( Told I need to eat fish ..i am vegetarian and eat soydogs and soy patties....Is soy hard to digest after gastric?? Just wondring
jcork
on 9/6/10 11:48 am - Spokane, WA
Topic: RE: Have my first appt with Dr Spitz on Aug 26th, can anyone tell me what to expect?
HI there,
it went really well, although going in I was pretty sure I wanted the band, leaving Im sure I want the full gastric by-pass :).  I am super eexcited and found out Friday that I was approved through my insurance for the bypass.  I scheduled my chest x-ray ekg and bloodwork for this week and will find out tomorrow when my surgery will be.  YIPPPEEEE.  So i have a question...once you knew you were getting the surgery were you eating everything in sight?  Why am I doing this, LOL I am miserable....
Helen_Anne
on 9/6/10 8:09 am - Bremerton, WA
Topic: RE: Woot woot got my pre-op date Sept 17 not long now
YEAH!!! We are saving a place on the losers bench!!!

Helen

Consult W/Surgery W/Revision W/Goal W
332.5/302.6/231/200

Mrs-stick
on 9/4/10 5:06 pm - Orting, WA
Topic: Woot woot got my pre-op date Sept 17 not long now
Hoping I will be able to schedual surgery soon afterword.
KARA_TOP
on 9/4/10 2:07 pm - richland, WA
Topic: RE: Have my first appt with Dr Spitz on Aug 26th, can anyone tell me what to expect?

How was the meeting?

All time highest: 370
Started this process: 343
Day of surgery: 281
Current: 150
Goal: 140'ish
Wow thats alot of info
dragonflydiva
on 9/2/10 10:50 am
Topic: RE: Where are you in Washington? Care to share a few details about yourself?
Hi Angie!! I am having surgery at SWMC and am so happy to hear of someone's great experience!! (-: You tend to always hear the bad.
 It's never too late to be what you might have been. ~ George Eliot  

5'10"  Pre-op 315  SW 307  CW 216 SGW 174 MGW 160

Angie B.
on 9/2/10 5:26 am - Seaside, OR
Topic: RE: Where are you in Washington? Care to share a few details about yourself?
I'm a 45F, married, 4 kids (well, 2 are officially adults, but you know..... lol). I live in Vancouver, WA. I'm 16 mo out from my RNY and about 20 lbs from my goal. I'm down 151 lbs from my highest weight.
Angie B.
on 9/2/10 5:22 am - Seaside, OR
Shelley,  I'm in Vancouver.  Are you having surgery in Vancouver?  I had mine at SWMC and had a great experience.   

HW 321// SW 278//CW 168
Hislady
on 8/30/10 4:26 am - Vancouver, WA
Topic: RE: Low carb recipes!!!
Also Atkins.com has some awesome low carb recipes, after all he's the father of low carb.
Mrs-stick
on 8/29/10 2:53 pm - Orting, WA
Topic: Low carb recipes!!!

Hi Everyone,

I know not everyone is a diabetic as I am but I found this web site and found some awesome low carb recipes. http://www.dlife.com/

Most Active