Recent Posts

Kole
on 9/16/10 7:05 am - Renton, WA
Topic: RE: Anyone here had Rny to DS Revision in Washington? HELP!!
HI!  I live in Renton too!!  I am having RNY on 9/20.  I know you're having a revision but you know what I'm getting ready to go through & would love to pick your brain.  I read the board but it would be nice to talk to someone in my neck of the woods!!  
Mrs-stick
on 9/15/10 10:57 am - Orting, WA
Topic: I got my date
Today I got a call from my surgens office. And my date is 9/21 next tuesday! Now that was fast. I don't have to do a two week pre-op diet!
Tricia W.
on 9/15/10 5:03 am - Yakima, WA
Topic: Endoscope with Dr. OH
I just had the pre-op procedure done with Dr. Oh where they put the little camera down in your stomach.  When I left they told me they did a biopsy so I couldn't have any ibuprofen for 2 weeks.  I was out of it so I didn't think to question why they did the biopsy.  Has anyone else had to have a biopsy with this procedure?  I am a little worried now.  Thank you for any feedback.  Have a great day to all
Charlotte Maier
on 9/12/10 3:33 pm - Belfair, WA
Topic: RE: Where are you in Washington? Care to share a few details about yourself?
Hi   My name is Charlotte I live in Belfair, I had my original JIB in 1975 and have been fighting to get a revision done for many years. I have an appt w/ a nut and the social worker at the UW on Tuesday. I can only pray that the insurance will pay for the surgery.
I love being with my family. My hubby and I have 2 horses and a bunch of dogs. We have 7 kids and 11 grandkids between us. Life is good.
KARA_TOP
on 9/9/10 1:22 pm - richland, WA
Topic: RE: Have my first appt with Dr Spitz on Aug 26th, can anyone tell me what to expect?
Congrats on getting approved!!!  I started dieting/changing my lifstyle 6 months before surgery, so I stuck with it....I even managed to lose weight during the holidays (a miracle).  I allowed myself to have 1 last free for all meal the night before I had to start the liquid diet.  We went to Outback steakhouse (YUM)!  I do regret not having a couple other things one more time (peanut buster parfait, zips french fires) but it's ok.........Sometimes I still crave those items, then other times they totally gross me out.  Keep me posted!

All time highest: 370
Started this process: 343
Day of surgery: 281
Current: 150
Goal: 140'ish
Wow thats alot of info
Merrilou Gronholdt
on 9/8/10 7:32 am - WA
Topic: RE: Dietary Info.....Soy versus lactaid...fish
O I do not do any milk very bad! (Gas)
bahiagrl59
on 9/8/10 1:00 am
She is referring to the milk to use with the nectar powder...
Merrilou Gronholdt
on 9/7/10 11:10 pm - WA
I have not had any problems with soy burgers, I have not tried soydogs. I am 10 years out RYN

Merrilou
gail *
on 9/7/10 8:24 am - Seattle, WA
Topic: Seattle Area DSers Support Group with special guest speaker Dr. Rabkin
Hello Everyone,   Dr. Rabkin will be giving a presentation on the Duodenal Switch procedure.  The venue will be
held at Sizzler’s in Tukwila ( near Westfield/ South Center Mall) .  The meeting is open to all  DSers...pre-, post-op or researching. We would love to have you join us!
Spouses/SOs are more than welcome.
     Saturday, September 11th 3:00pm – 6:00pm   Sizzler’s Meeting room 16615 Southcenter Parkway
Tukwila, WA 98188

Thanks,
Gail
allysonmccombs
on 9/7/10 8:00 am - Seattle, WA
Topic: RE: Where are you in Washington? Care to share a few details about yourself?
I"m Ally, just about 8 weeks out from RNY and doing well. I go to a support group at NW hospital and love my surgeon Dr. Chebli. Are you in Seattle proper? Good luck with everything...
Most Active